PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Medic

Dougie
20-04-2005, 20:11
Just had my STB swopped for a SACM. Oh what fun that was, getting the SACM to work! Still, it only took about 9 hours.

Anyways, I've setup the SACM using the Broadband Installer CD (probably not the brightest of things to do) and I've had to install the Broadband Medic program. I've only been online for about 10 minutes and it's already ****ing me off. The question is, is it safe to uninstall this program? I know there probably shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't but you never know!!

Cheers

Neil

paulyoung666
20-04-2005, 20:13
uninstall it :tu:

Raistlin
20-04-2005, 20:28
Yep, definately uninstall it :D

Chris W
20-04-2005, 20:34
uninstall it....

use the following method:

1. Bring up the Task Manager [press CTRL, ALT and DELETE at the same time]
End task on Motive related processes:
MotiveSB.exe
MotiveBrowser.exe
MOTIVE~1.EXE
mad.exe

2. You are then ready to Right click on the broadband medic icon in the Task tray, by the clock, and select Close.

3. Click on Start > Run > type the following %temp% press OK
Select the ntl folder that appears in the temp folder, Right click and delete.

4. Go to the †˜Common Filesââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ folder by opening Windows Explorer (Press Windows key and the †˜Eââ ‚¬â„Ã⠀šÃ‚¢) or Double click †˜My Computerââ‚à ƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢, then go the C: drive, Program files, expand the Common files and look for the Motive folder. Right click and select delete.

5. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Remove broadband medic

This will make sure it unistalls properly :)

Dougie
20-04-2005, 20:38
Done! Thanks for the quick replies :)

zing_deleted
21-04-2005, 00:09
uninstall it....

use the following method:

1. Bring up the Task Manager [press CTRL, ALT and DELETE at the same time]
End task on Motive related processes:
MotiveSB.exe
MotiveBrowser.exe
MOTIVE~1.EXE
mad.exe

2. You are then ready to Right click on the broadband medic icon in the Task tray, by the clock, and select Close.

3. Click on Start > Run > type the following %temp% press OK
Select the ntl folder that appears in the temp folder, Right click and delete.

4. Go to the †˜Common Filesââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ folder by opening Windows Explorer (Press Windows key and the †˜Eââ ‚¬â„Ã⠀šÃ‚¢) or Double click †˜My Computerââ‚à ƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢, then go the C: drive, Program files, expand the Common files and look for the Motive folder. Right click and select delete.

5. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Remove broadband medic

This will make sure it unistalls properly :)

God glad i never installed it in the first place now :D

Graham
21-04-2005, 00:46
Just had my STB swopped for a SACM. Oh what fun that was, getting the SACM to work! Still, it only took about 9 hours.

Count yourself lucky, it took me about 15 hours!

When I went through the installer program it asked for my first name, surname, PIN and phone number, then said that there was an internal error that meant the installer couldn't complete, but there wasn't a "Back" button to let you re-input the data, meaning you had to go through the whole process again!

Eventually after several tries I attempted to phone CS only to find they'd all gone home :mad:

It wasn't until the next day that I could phone up the BB fault line, only to be told I needed a new PIN. So I phoned up CS who gave me a new PIN but it didn't work, so they said I had to phone BB technical support!

Eventually I got someone who knew what they were talking about and got the thing running, but it was more than a bit of a hassle!

Still, the one good thing is that because I didn't finish the install from the CD it means I don't have BB medic playing silly buggers on my system...!

Dougie
21-04-2005, 12:25
Count yourself lucky, it took me about 15 hours!

When I went through the installer program it asked for my first name, surname, PIN and phone number, then said that there was an internal error that meant the installer couldn't complete, but there wasn't a "Back" button to let you re-input the data, meaning you had to go through the whole process again!

Eventually after several tries I attempted to phone CS only to find they'd all gone home :mad:

It wasn't until the next day that I could phone up the BB fault line, only to be told I needed a new PIN. So I phoned up CS who gave me a new PIN but it didn't work, so they said I had to phone BB technical support!

Eventually I got someone who knew what they were talking about and got the thing running, but it was more than a bit of a hassle!

Still, the one good thing is that because I didn't finish the install from the CD it means I don't have BB medic playing silly buggers on my system...!

The strange thing about my SACM/STB exchange was that the engineer turned up at 0855, so I was well impressed even thought about cancelling my days leave and going into work. Anyway, the engineer left the modem and said to leave it about two hours before attempting to install it on my PC. 4 hours later I tried, got to the entering of surname and PIN number etc only to be presented with the "Enable to Authenticate your details" screen. A quick call to Tech Support and the problem was isolated down to the modem, they arranged for the Engineer to come back and replace the modem. The engineer came back at about five, plugged in the modem and everything worked fine. Apparently the problem was an NTL system problem not a PC or Modem problem, just took a few hours for the system to recognise the modem (techies does that sound about right?)

Although I had a very frustrating afternoon and was pretty annoyed that I had a non functioning BB connection, I have to say that the service I did receive was pretty good and I have to complement the engineer for coming back so late in the day. We're all very quick to criticise but in this instance I can have no complaints :shocked: