PDA

View Full Version : Halo vs KOTOR - The Hype or The Fact

NEONKNIGHT
17-09-2003, 00:09
Do you think 'Knights Of The Old Republic' has lived up to its hype as being "As important to Xbox as was Halo" ? For me anyway, KOTOR has grabbed my attention more than Halo (yes I do like RPG's and no I don't have a beard). If I were to gives mark's out of ten to the two games (while ignoring the fact that one is an RPG in nature and the other is a FPS) I'd give KOTOR 9.5 out of 10, while Halo would just come in second place with a rather close 9 out of 10.

Caspar
17-09-2003, 00:11
I'm thinking I shd buy this game now!

(and no I dont mean Halo! :LOL: :p )

NEONKNIGHT
17-09-2003, 00:19
Originally posted by Caspar
I'm thinking I shd buy this game now!

(and no I dont mean Halo! :LOL: :p )

I think you should buy this aswell M8, even the most 'un-beardy' person that is Xicewolf thinks KOTOR "Rocks!" must prove a point.:D

XiceWolf
17-09-2003, 07:51
Yer this game is great fun and i know nothing about star wars :D You get a lightsaber and get to threaten people in amusing ways if you want to become evil :D I just told an alien i killed his daughter and would like some credits for my deeds, hes not happy :rofl:

Doctor E
17-09-2003, 08:03
Your evil thing intrigues me. Without going OT, how do you get people to join your band if you are evil?

On the thread topic ... Halo is a more significant game simply because it has wider appeal.

Nige.

Ricky G
17-09-2003, 11:34
I usually hate RPG games but the last year or so has given me hope. Morrowind wasn't bad but I didn't have the time or energy to see it through. I am a Star Wars fan. Not obsessed but always on the lookout for a decent SW game.

Enter KOTOR! I cannot honestly think of a game I have played so much in years other than Tiger woods and with Tiger it was mainly because I could have a quick round before going to the gym or the boozer, even the back 9 during half time while watching the cock of the north. But KOTOR has infected my blood stream in such an unusual way. I'm not in awe of the graphics nor the sound however you really lose yourself in this game.

Now as for Halo. This is also a truly great game which re-vitalised my love for first person shooters. Before this game I was finding the FPS genre a little stale but this game truely rocks. With the use of XBConnect I really cannot wait for Halo 2.

At the moment KOTOR pips at the post for me but it could just be the newbie factor. We cannot deny the help Halo gave to the release to the XBox and even now it looks great unlike others that were released at the same or even after this game. I think we need to wait for the adrenaline to thin out before we make rash desicions on which lives up to the hype most.

Ste Riley
17-09-2003, 21:30
KOTOR is a cracking game and has really made me think twice about the future up and coming RPG's, if there as good as this one then we have some true top quality RPG's coming along soon:
Deus Ex II, Fable, True Fantasy Live Online.

KOTOR has deserved its highly rated reviews, if the graphics where pushing the Xbox to the limit it'd be mind blowing. Although it proves that a great story and good gameplay really make the game.

NEONKNIGHT
18-09-2003, 00:01
Originally posted by SteRiley
KOTOR is a cracking game and has really made me think twice about the future up and coming RPG's, if there as good as this one then we have some true top quality RPG's coming along soon:
Deus Ex II, Fable, True Fantasy Live Online.

KOTOR has deserved its highly rated reviews, if the graphics where pushing the Xbox to the limit it'd be mind blowing. Although it proves that a great story and good gameplay really make the game.

Totally agree.:)

Mark15
18-09-2003, 17:59
I think i'm the only one that hates this game then :)

Tezcatlipoca
18-09-2003, 18:49
Why do you hate it, Mark? You may just need to play it more to get into it.

The combat is quite strange & annoying at first, but it does get a lot better & does actually work quite well.

zoombini
19-09-2003, 13:27
Hmm, so you want to compare A 12 MONTH PLUS old game with a new one... Not a fair comparason is it.
The knowhow on how to program for the xbox has improved a lot in the past 12 months, enabling KOTOR to be much better.

Halo is the original classic game that launched the Xbox, some still like to play it now especially since they have not had an Xbox before.

I think it would be a fairer comparason to compare KOTOR to Halo2 & I know which will win then!

Die you anit-halo'ites..... the Flood will get you in the end :D

FelonX
19-09-2003, 16:28
this a live game or sp ?

btw doom 3 will shake the M$ foundations :D

NEONKNIGHT
19-09-2003, 17:59
Originally posted by zoombini
Hmm, so you want to compare A 12 MONTH PLUS old game with a new one... Not a fair comparason is it.
The knowhow on how to program for the xbox has improved a lot in the past 12 months, enabling KOTOR to be much better.

Halo is the original classic game that launched the Xbox, some still like to play it now especially since they have not had an Xbox before.

I think it would be a fairer comparason to compare KOTOR to Halo2 & I know which will win then!

Die you anit-halo'ites..... the Flood will get you in the end :D

It doesn't matter how old a game is M8 - its the playability that counts.:)

manowar68
20-09-2003, 01:52
Both good games in there own right.
To pick one,i can't because halo is amazing as is KOTOR.

Boom
20-09-2003, 10:55
Apples vs oranges IMO.