PDA

View Full Version : You gotta love that online ordering

Craig_e
19-04-2005, 17:35
After seeing all the threads about peoples NTL website orders getting 'lost' I thought I better phone up and confirm my order. However it wasn't as simple as that as I was phoning from Oxford about an order I placed for my new place in Brighton, and since I don't have a phone line yet I kept getting routed to the wrong call centre? as soon as I told them my post code I was sent back to the automated system to enter my phone number:(. Eventually I had to find out the area code and just make up the number and got through to a helpful woman in the right area.

I thought it was funny that she did not seem at all suprised I was calling and just took my post code, not bothering with my 'confirmation number'. After all that they had recieved the order in the first place. As my install date isn't until the 6th May lets hope I don't start getting billed before then and the bloke actually turns up. I'm finding a test of endurance with lots of hurdles to overcome and sometimes it seems like NTL don't really want to take on new customers. Anyway I wait in anticipation for the next hiccup