PDA

View Full Version : Right where's my DTV?

Maggy
16-09-2003, 20:18
Every channel is not available.Why?I've got BB and the phone but no TV programmes at all.My husband said it just froze.I did a reset but no luck.All we get is a message saying no channels available.This is in Gosport.Has anyone else got this problem?

Damn! I wanted to watch the second installment of Firestarter 2 tonight!

Incog.:(

Shaun
16-09-2003, 22:14
Has it come back Incog?
:(

allanprg
16-09-2003, 23:23
I've got no trouble here in Pompey. Have you tried rebooting the STB. If there is still trouble, I should contact NTL customer service.
:wavey: :wavey:

Maggy
16-09-2003, 23:55
'Has it come back Incog?

NO!:mad: 'All I'm getting is that your channels are unavailable please turn off your STB and check the connections.

'I've got no trouble here in Pompey. Have you tried rebooting the STB. If there is still trouble, I should contact NTL customer service.'

Rebooting was the first thing I tried.Also as it happened just after 8 pm I thought it would be a waste of time trying to contact anyone.I will have to wait until tomorrow morning now.

Maybe the bill hasn't been paid
I've still got BB though!! So it can't be that.:shrug:

Maybe it is specific to Lee-on-Solent.

Incog.

Maggy
17-09-2003, 07:07
7am and no TV!

Guess I know how my morning will be spent.Never known any kind of outage last this long.

Incog.

Maggy
17-09-2003, 08:47
Oooooh am I impressed!

No the DTV still isn't working.However I phoned up and surprise no message telling me to give my phone number just to press apppropriate buttons which I did.

I got through STRAIGHT AWAY! After I picked myself off the floor I found my self talking to Alison,who talked me through all the usual checks.Nothing worked so an engineer is on his way to me this morning and Alison suggested that I record 5 mins of my non reception in case of a sudden return of service so I have some proof that I'm not wasting anyone's time.

Now I know that it's still not sorted out but at least I feel better about not having wasted too much of my time on the phone.For once I'm not worked up and annoyed before someone gets to me.Last time I called about a fault I nearly had a stroke when I kept giving my phone number only to be told to repeat it endlessly or I wasn't going to get any further with my phone call.

Now I'd better hope that this engineer actually turns up by midday.:)

At least the analogue tv is still going and the channels aren't too bad reception wise apart from ITV which is really snowy.When we watch the analogue I can't use BB because it messes up the signal!:shrug:

Incog.Calm and Zenned out.:Peaceman:

Maggy
17-09-2003, 11:13
Well the engineer arrived and sorted the problem.However he said that he has been dealing with nothing but STB's that keep resetting to zero and all the channels disappearing all over the Portsmouth area just like mine did.

Incog.

Thread now closed(until the next time that is).

:)

Shaun
17-09-2003, 13:11
Glad to see its all sorted now Incog.

If only it was like this every time we had problems, I'm so envious!:)

allanprg
17-09-2003, 19:22
Glad it was sorted so quick. I wonder why the STBs were going wrong in this area. My one was alright,although I had a few freezes of the dtv. A reboot solved it. BB was working fine.:wavey: :wavey:

poolking
17-09-2003, 23:16
Apparently there was problems in quite a few areas tonight as well involving the TV and BB, when I rang the faults line I got a recorded message reeling off postcodes and stating that they were aware of a fault and that the engineers were working on the problem.

Lost my service at 18.00 and got it back about 20.45