PDA

View Full Version : Ambulance takes 8 hours to arrive

Stuart
16-09-2003, 17:45
An investigation is under way into why a man was able to travel home from spain in less time than an ambulance took to get from their station to his mothers house.

The ambulance took 8 hours.

His mother did actually die of a stroke the next day, and they think the stress caused by waiting for the ambulance was part of the cause.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/3111990.stm

Defiant
16-09-2003, 17:55
Gr8 innit. How many more billions are be paying for that kinda service!

Graham
16-09-2003, 19:20
It's terrible when something like this happens, but when you compare it to the number of ambulance journies made every day it's actually a very rare occurance, but, of course, all the others don't make the news.

Also, of course, there's too many people who abuse the ambulance system and treat it like a free taxi service when they could have got to A&E under their own steam because it wasn't *that* urgent a problem that they needed an ambulance crew to provide instant medical attention.

Sorry to spoil a good rant with facts...! :)

Stuart
16-09-2003, 19:33
True, the Ambulance service does make thousands of journeys a day, and they are investigating this one.

I wasn't actually ranting. I was more surprised than anything.

Also true (God I am agreeing with you twice Graham) that too many people are using Ambulances as a Taxi Service.