PDA

View Full Version : What am I to do?

bazza7676
14-04-2005, 09:44
Ok this is a long story so I'll try and keep it short. I had one of my Pace set-up boxes replaced with a Samusung as I was upgrading from a 750k to 2mb internet connection on friday 8th April. I was told as uaual to wait a few hours for it to be activated but thats far from what happened. I not only didnt get my internet upgrade but got instead was no internet, loss of a few channels upstairs plus all but the minimum free channels downstairs. I had to to call them at least 6 times to sort the downstairs tv channels out with them at last admitting they had been sending to the wrong set-top box code. At least thats sorted which is far wfrom thhe case with my Internet, my AEI usb connection is all fine, the light on the modem is on plus my pc is saying my network connection is working fine. I've called them about 4 times regarding my net connection, the 1st 2 times them telling me the usual of turning my set-top box off and my pc etc. but to no avail with them telling me there is a signal it must be my pc's problem. The 3rd time technial support told me there wasnt even a Samsung box registered to my name yet when I rang CS afterwards they said yes they had my card no. and call technical support to sort the problem out.

As you might guess its annoying the hell out of me and now I'm not sure what to do I might just cancel.

Nemesis
14-04-2005, 09:47
Please can you PM me

Paul K
14-04-2005, 11:03
Are they sure that the correct set top box is enabled for the broadband feed? Sounds like the wrong one is live.

BBKing
14-04-2005, 21:16
What's going on here? Has this been sorted yet?

Nemesis
14-04-2005, 21:17
This is in the hands of ntl,hope to get update in the morning.

paulyoung666
14-04-2005, 21:17
Please can you PM me

if you dont mind me asking , whats with all the requests for pm's :angel:

Nemesis
14-04-2005, 21:19
We have a method of getting these resolved via ntl. It's a new process that is in it's infancy. If I can get certain information from the customer I can pass this into ntl and hopefully get these reolved via an official route.

Sipowicz
14-04-2005, 22:11
Sounds like a positive move to me! ;)

paulyoung666
14-04-2005, 22:21
We have a method of getting these resolved via ntl. It's a new process that is in it's infancy. If I can get certain information from the customer I can pass this into ntl and hopefully get these reolved via an official route.

had a feeling it was :tu:

GCSO
15-04-2005, 00:03
I had exactly the same problem. NTL attempted to 'hit' the stb several times on every occasion it failed. An engineer came out - the box was fine - a problem with the account setup was his opinion.

He was correct. The problem was my account was still set as a pace box. In addition to this, at some point my broadband had been deactivated. My account also had an open ticket which prevented CS from changing my account details. Once this was cleared and the pace deregistered and the samsung registered to my account everything started working again. I spoke to 11 different people over 6 days...

Good luck - a big thanks to James and Debbie in NTL CS!

Marge
15-04-2005, 00:10
I had exactly the same problem. NTL attempted to 'hit' the stb several times on every occasion it failed. An engineer came out - the box was fine - a problem with the account setup was his opinion.

He was correct. The problem was my account was still set as a pace box. In addition to this, at some point my broadband had been deactivated. My account also had an open ticket which prevented CS from changing my account details. Once this was cleared and the pace deregistered and the samsung registered to my account everything started working again. I spoke to 11 different people over 6 days...

Good luck - a big thanks to James and Debbie in NTL CS!

mmmmmm rings a bell here oops: whereabouts are you ???

DiGi
15-04-2005, 22:03
If its the same problem i had it took 8 days to sort it out for me i went from hours to days for a repair with many calls with different people saying its fixed then it wasnt fixed i dunno how much marge did but she was the final person i spoke to and she sorted it out not had any problems since ;) .

DiGi

GCSO
16-04-2005, 00:21
Marge - Macclesfield, Cheshire... Still ring any bells??

Samsung is a big improvement - it has let me discover just how crap interactive is!

bazza7676
16-04-2005, 17:59
Ok a NTL supervisor came round today who was great might I say. He checked to see if the signal was fine, he tried everything and in the end replaced my old AEI usb with an EZ usb which seemed to do the trick as he managed to add my pc to the ntl registration page. So he left believing it was fixed as I did until I tried browsing, dawn how slow while some pages wouldnt load. I rang technical support who noticed that the packets the connection was sending was 20% more than I received so suggested I rang back later as NTL system was down to make another appointment. The saga continues I decided to try downstairs stb again and lo and behold it works ok albeit with original 750k connection which is better than nothing I guess but still want the 2mb connection like everyone else. Must be the box after all.