PDA

View Full Version : Keeping us informed

Theodoric
23-06-2003, 20:01
To provide us with a one-stop-shop (alright, to help the lazy amongst us!), will you be keeping us informed on the state of play of the proposed ntl Community Site, or are we going to have to keep flitting over there?

Jamie
23-06-2003, 20:04
Does anyone care about their corporate bullshit community site ?.

You won't be able to speak your mind there. Try to and they'll throw the AUP at you.

Chris
23-06-2003, 20:05
Originally posted by Jamie

You won't be able to speak your mind there. Try to and they'll throw the AUP at you.

That'll be a no then?:D

marcsparks2002
23-06-2003, 20:07
there seems to be quite a bit of bullshit flying over there atm re the new community silencing site :D ,"oh no this forum wont be closing it will be used for off topic posts" but nothing against ntl tho .

poolking
23-06-2003, 20:12
Originally posted by towny
That'll be a no then?:D

I think so. ;)

Jamie
23-06-2003, 20:22
Originally posted by marcsparks2002
there seems to be quite a bit of bullshit flying over there atm re the new community silencing site :D ,"oh no this forum wont be closing it will be used for off topic posts" but nothing against ntl tho .
Ignore the bullshit and home in on what they're not saying ;) The silence is deafening over there. NTL are probably running round like headless chickens kicking each other for not buying www.nthellworld.co.uk last year too I'd guess :p

poolking
23-06-2003, 20:24
Just remember this little saying that happens with any company you work for and if anyone asks you any questions.

"We are just the mushrooms, fed lots of bullshit and kept in the dark"

:D

Taf
23-06-2003, 20:28
I just wish NTL kept me informed of ANYTHING, let alone the corporate cr@p.... I pay my bill, but get nothing back unless I visit places like this or watch Watchdog... or trawl through the homesite.....

... no letters, no brochures, no emails... don't they love me? :confused:

Theodoric
23-06-2003, 20:30

What's this AUP I keep hearing about? I mean, I've only just discovered that TOS is not a mispelt term of abuse. :)

Martin
23-06-2003, 20:33

I like you alredy.:D I haven't seen an outspoken comment from a mod in such a long while it shocked me at first. As far as I'm concerned if i have a prob and i get help here i won't go anywhere else. From what i see of the last few days there are people here to help and it looks really good.:):wavey:

Ramrod
23-06-2003, 21:27
Originally posted by Theodoric
I've only just discovered that TOS is not a mispelt term of abuse. :) For a short while I thought TOS stood for terms of service:blush: :D. Then I sobered up......:D

poolking
23-06-2003, 21:28
AUP = Angry Unicorns Party

TOS = Totally Overly Stupid

:D

obvious
23-06-2003, 21:37
Ignore the bullshit and home in on what they're not saying ;) The silence is deafening over there. NTL are probably running round like headless chickens kicking each other for not buying www.nthellworld.co.uk last year too I'd guess :p

lol. Good point. Well made.

Ben
23-06-2003, 21:47
will you be keeping us informed on the state of play of the proposed ntl Community Site

Gah! :td:

Theodoric
23-06-2003, 21:47

Another intriguing fact. I've just tried www.ntlworld.co.uk in the address bar and IE says that it can't find it. Does that mean it's for sale?

kronas
23-06-2003, 21:49
To provide us with a one-stop-shop (alright, to help the lazy amongst us!), will you be keeping us informed on the state of play of the proposed ntl Community Site, or are we going to have to keep flitting over there?

couldnt care less personally its only going to be about helping people with NTL services you cant have any off topic chat and NTL are having there own team looking after everyone on THAT site

rippedoff
23-06-2003, 22:17
Another intriguing fact. I've just tried www.ntlworld.co.uk in the address bar and IE says that it can't find it. Does that mean it's for sale?

NO. It is not for sale...... BUT..... I happen to be the proud owner of www.ntlworld.me.uk ........ !

Any suggestions on what to use this site for... or any decent financial offers?
:D :D

Tod
24-06-2003, 20:17
Originally posted by rippedoff
NO. It is not for sale...... BUT..... I happen to be the proud owner of www.ntlworld.me.uk ........ !

Any suggestions on what to use this site for... or any decent financial offers?
:D :D

I suggest starting a telephone, digital TV and broadband service where the customers are put first and not kept in the dark about services they are paying for ;)