PDA

View Full Version : serif webplus 6

Atomic22
15-09-2003, 20:51
does anyone use ntl web space and serif webplus?
i cannot seem to be able to view .wpp things that i upload to my webpage , all ie6 seems to want to do is download the page...
i can't seem to be able to save the .wpp as .html either..
im missing out something daft but can't suss out what!
any ideas would be welcome

MikeyB
15-09-2003, 22:00
Thats what I'd expect IE to try and do, download a .wpp file as it doesn't know what to do with it.

Apart from that, can't help you really, I don't know Webplus. Is there an export or "save as web page" option in webplus?

lynx2oo2
15-09-2003, 22:10
Taken from webplus 8 faq's, prob the same.

1: Click on the file menu.

2: Select Publish site.

3: Select To web..

4: When asked to select the page range, select All (this is presuming you wish to publish ALL of your pages to the World Wide Web) and click OK

5: Input the FTP address which you have obtained from your Webspace Provider into the appropriate field.

6: Input the username which the Webspace Provider gave you into the appropriate field.

7: Input the password which was also provided by the Webspace Provider into the relevant field. Hint: Checking the box titled "Save password" will ensure that when you publish your site in the future you will not be required to input your password. This is not recommended if you are not the exclusive user of the PC.

8: BEFORE CLICKING OK, connect to the Internet by dialling into your Internet Service Provider if you use a Dial Up connection to connect.

9: Press OK and the files will submitted to your Webspace provider. This process may take several minutes depending on both the size of your Web Page and the speed of your Internet connection.

10: Launch your Internet Browser and within the address field type in your WWW address which was provided to you by your Webspace Provider and you shall see your wonderful Web Site in all its glory!

homealone
15-09-2003, 22:28
Originally posted by lynx2oo2
Taken from webplus 8 faq's, prob the same.

1: Click on the file menu.

2: Select Publish site.

3: Select To web..

4: When asked to select the page range, select All (this is presuming you wish to publish ALL of your pages to the World Wide Web) and click OK

5: Input the FTP address which you have obtained from your Webspace Provider into the appropriate field.

6: Input the username which the Webspace Provider gave you into the appropriate field.

7: Input the password which was also provided by the Webspace Provider into the relevant field. Hint: Checking the box titled "Save password" will ensure that when you publish your site in the future you will not be required to input your password. This is not recommended if you are not the exclusive user of the PC.

8: BEFORE CLICKING OK, connect to the Internet by dialling into your Internet Service Provider if you use a Dial Up connection to connect.

9: Press OK and the files will submitted to your Webspace provider. This process may take several minutes depending on both the size of your Web Page and the speed of your Internet connection.

10: Launch your Internet Browser and within the address field type in your WWW address which was provided to you by your Webspace Provider and you shall see your wonderful Web Site in all its glory!

apart from, maybe a CTRL F5, that looks like it would work.:)

Atomic22
16-09-2003, 18:43
i do all the details in the faq's but ntlworld bounces it back saying check password etc , i get the same when i try to upload using frontpage , so....i use flash fxp to upload stuff coz that connects every time but it will only upload as .wpp
hmmmmmm stumped...its as if homepages at ntl world will not accept webplus or frontpage at all.
thanks for the help anyways people

Atomic22
16-09-2003, 20:43
btw lynx2002 your sign-off reads opera as ie5 and netscape 7 as netscape 5...........methinks it needs updating
ahem
oh it gets ie6 ok though hehehe

Richard M
16-09-2003, 21:24
Originally posted by Atomic22
btw lynx2002 your sign-off reads opera as ie5 and netscape 7 as netscape 5...........methinks it needs updating
ahem
oh it gets ie6 ok though hehehe

That's because Moz/Netscape 7 is Netscape 5. ;)

lynx2oo2
17-09-2003, 10:18
lol, thanks for picking that up. will look into it.