PDA

View Full Version : National Top Tips

STONEISLAND
08-04-2005, 08:34
I allways bet on the National :) has anyone got any top tips and I mean good tips no donkeys? :erm:

Is CF doing a sweep staek?

homealone
08-04-2005, 08:49
someone was saying yesterday -

not to bet on French trained horses - they lack stamina

don't bet on horses that have no recent steeplechase experience over 3 miles

that usually the top 6 horses in the odds are the most likely to win

- I never bet ;)

STONEISLAND
08-04-2005, 08:55
someone was saying yesterday -

not to bet on French trained horses - they lack stamina

don't bet on horses that have no recent steeplechase experience over 3 miles

that usually the top 6 horses in the odds are the most likely to win

- I never bet ;)

Dont get mne wrong I never bet but on the National. I won £50 last year so very tempted to bet again.

Where would you get details like you say above from? Anyone know?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/4406069.stm

Hmmmmmm

Halcyon
08-04-2005, 11:03
I havent a clue how to bet, so if anyone can give me a quick guide, I'd appreciate it.
Like lets say I placed £10 that Horse X was to win. And he won, how much would I get. Would I get anything if he didnt win and came second ?

STONEISLAND
08-04-2005, 11:08
22-1 Innox
Safe bet if you put a pound on you will get £22 winnings./

Each way is when you go for 1st, 2nd and 3rd not sure what odds are for that.

For the sake of a fiver worth a bet on the national, makes it really good when watching the race very exciting especially if your horse is a front runner. And you will stand a chance of winning £110 on the odds above.

But don't take my word for that horse to win :disturbd:

tick
08-04-2005, 11:27
stick apin in the running list and bet on that one !

Paul
08-04-2005, 13:31
I always bet on three horses - one with odds less than 10/1, one in the 25/1 to 33/1 range, and one at 100/1. :)

gary_580
08-04-2005, 13:36
22-1 Innox
Safe bet if you put a pound on you will get £22 winnings./

Each way is when you go for 1st, 2nd and 3rd not sure what odds are for that.

For the sake of a fiver worth a bet on the national, makes it really good when watching the race very exciting especially if your horse is a front runner. And you will stand a chance of winning £110 on the odds above.

But don't take my word for that horse to win :disturbd:

each way in the national is 1st to 4th and you get a 1/4 of the odds

I always bet on three horses - one with odds less than 10/1, one in the 25/1 to 33/1 range, and one at 100/1. :)

and your results?

STONEISLAND
08-04-2005, 14:00
I'm going for a fiver on 22-1 Innox to win ;)
I have Headghunter in a swipe stake at work (lucky me as he's odds on to win) :D
and I might do a horse on 1-100 each way :confused:

Wish me luck. :)

But what horses are you guys betting on? :disturbd:

carlingman
09-04-2005, 03:49
I allways bet on the National :) has anyone got any top tips and I mean good tips no donkeys? :erm:

Is CF doing a sweep staek?

Good place bet i.e. each way bet would be Forest Gunner or even straight bet.

Then again the national is a bookies money maker so maybe no bet would be a good one.

:D

I havent a clue how to bet, so if anyone can give me a quick guide, I'd appreciate it.
Like lets say I placed £10 that Horse X was to win. And he won, how much would I get. Would I get anything if he didnt win and came second ?

Letââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s say you put £1 on horse X with odds at 100-1 then if it came first you would win £100 plus your £1 stake + £101.

However you would get nothing if it came second, third or fourth.

But if you bet £1 each way total bet £2 on horse X with odds at 100-1 and it came in second, third or fourth then you would get a ¼ of the odds i.e. 25-1 at £1 so £25.

I'm going for a fiver on 22-1 Innox to win ;)
I have Headghunter in a swipe stake at work (lucky me as he's odds on to win) :D
and I might do a horse on 1-100 each way :confused:

Wish me luck. :)

But what horses are you guys betting on? :disturbd:

Good luck with Innox but its French and not the best jumper.

I hope you have placed your own small side bet on Hedgehunter as thatâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s where my money is.

And I am hoping you are confused and mean you are placing a bet on a Horse that is 100-1 not 1-100 as there is a big difference.

Although with this being the National I know yours is a typo and it is not possible to get 1-100 on odds i.e. placing £100 to win a £1.

greencreeper
09-04-2005, 15:59
I've got a £1 each way on Strong Resolve. Probably end up as Kwik Save white label corned beef knowing my luck :(

Macca371
09-04-2005, 16:22
I had £2 win on strong resolve, don't know what the hell happened to it :(

greencreeper
09-04-2005, 16:37
:cry:

carlingman
10-04-2005, 04:41
cough ahem cough

I told you all the result before it happened in my above posts so hope you all shelled out and made some easy cash.

As i said hedgehunter was where the smart money was.

As for the others well smart revolve finished 17th out of 21 who actually made it round the course.

And my second tip for forest gunner came in as well as down here the bookies pay out on 5th place.