PDA

View Full Version : DVLA Help

STONEISLAND
05-04-2005, 14:46
I have to update my drivers license as I have move property change of address.

Its been over a year :disturbd:

I have been on the DVLA website to find the forms and not sure which one I need for renewal.

Any idea? :confused:

TIA

Paul K
05-04-2005, 14:49
From DVLA

Renewing a licence?

With a (V11or V85/1) licence renewal reminder

About two weeks before your vehicle licence expires, DVLA will send you a renewal application form V11 or a V85/1 for some heavy goods vehicles, to the address shown on your Registration Document/Certificate. This is why you should make sure that we have your current address (see 'What must I do if I change my name or address?'). You can use the renewal form to relicense the vehicle as long as the date from which the licence is to run, the vehicle details and the taxation class printed on the form are all still correct.

You do not need to show your Registration Document/Certificate when you relicense the vehicle with a V11 form, unless you have changed your name or address.

If you have received form V11 or V85/1 and you will not be using or keeping the vehicle on a public road, you can use the form to declare Statutory Off-road Notification [SORN]. The notes on the V11 and the V85/1 explain what to do.

Without a (V11or V85/1) licence renewal reminder

If you have a Registration Document (V5), Registration Certificate (V5C) or a new keepers supplement (green section of the V5 or V5C), please read the following.

You will need to fill in a form V10 'Application for a Vehicle Licence', which you can get at Post Office® branches and DVLA Local Offices. If your vehicle is licensed by its cylinder capacity (cc) or its CO2 value you will need to fill in the rate of duty that is due on your vehicle. To work this rate out, check the cc or CO2 value and propulsion (fuel) type shown on your V5, V5C, V5/2 or V5C/2, then read the leaflet V149/1 which gives the rates of duty. You can get the V149/1 from Post Office® branches and DVLA Local Offices.

For heavy goods vehicles, you will need to fill in a form V85 Application for a heavy goods vehicle licence', which you can get at Post Office® branches and DVLA Local Offices.

If you have a V5/2 and V5C/2 and the tax details shown on it need to be changed, you will need to fill in a V62 'Application for a Registration Certificate (fee applicable)', which you can get from Post Office® branches and DVLA Local Offices. You can also download the V62 form here.

Please note that the V5/2 and V5C/2 are valid for two months for licensing purposes.

If you do not have the licence renewal reminder form because your vehicle is registered as 'Not Licensed', you should apply on form V10 at a DVLA Local Office.

bob_builder
05-04-2005, 14:51
You need form D1, which cannot be downloaded (you have to ask for it at the post office):
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/coa.htm

STONEISLAND
05-04-2005, 14:53
Is that for when you have moved house? I dont need to renew as such just change my address????

You need form D1, which cannot be downloaded (you have to ask for it at the post office):
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/coa.htm

Trip to postie then.....:rolleyes:

Paul K
05-04-2005, 14:55
Sorry got the wrong page lol Yep it's D1 and Post office time.
VLA no longer issues paper driving licences- you should now apply for a photocard driving licence

If you hold a paper driving licence and you need to notify a change of address you must now complete a D1 application form (previously D750) available from most Post Office® branches, to notify the change. There are two ways of sending your application:

You can either send your completed D1 (previously D750), current driving licence, original identity documents and passport-type size colour photograph to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BY ( for a full list of acceptable identity documents and photograph criteria - click here) or, alternatively if you have a UK passport you can take it with your D1 (previously D750) application form, and current driving licence to be checked by a selected Post Office® branches. To find your nearest participating Post Office® branch (Click here for a list of Post Offices ®) or call 0845 7223344.

For further information on the Post Office® Premium Checking Service please Click Here
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/drivers/po_check.htm
Once we receive your valid application we will issue you with a new photocard licence and paper counterpart document free of charge.

If your old-style paper licence has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you must apply for a duplicate with the appropriate fee.

zoombini
05-04-2005, 15:00
You have to supply a photograph on the form & the requirements are very stringent.

It can't be too dark or too light, must have nowt behind you but a blank white wall etc.
I tried 3 machines around me & they were all naff despite saying tha they were DV acceptable.

Then you got to sign in a very small box, no good if you have a signature that exceeds about 8mm high.

I sent my license off last month because I moved address, they sent the forms back which I had to fill in with accompianing picture & passport for ID.

Nugget
05-04-2005, 15:04
Unless you already have a photocard licence, in which case you just need to fill in the details at the bottom of your paper licence and then send it all (paper licence and photo card) to the DVLA.

At least, that's what I did when I moved :)

bob_builder
05-04-2005, 15:16
Oh, and remember that if this is your first photocard (due to moving) you do not have to pay for it (whereas you would if you were not moving)!

zoombini
05-04-2005, 16:32
I suppose that the thing to do if you have to pay for it, is to move again, get a free one & then move back again? lol

Nidge
05-04-2005, 19:44
I have to update my drivers license as I have move property change of address.

Its been over a year :disturbd:

I have been on the DVLA website to find the forms and not sure which one I need for renewal.

Any idea? :confused:

TIA

Is there a part on the back of the licence to fill in?

swoop101
05-04-2005, 19:59
One thing about the ID needed.
What if you do not have a passport and are not getting a pension?

zoombini
06-04-2005, 08:33
You need a third party, doctor etc to sign that they know you for 2 year.

STONEISLAND
06-04-2005, 10:20
Unless you already have a photocard licence, in which case you just need to fill in the details at the bottom of your paper licence and then send it all (paper licence and photo card) to the DVLA.

At least, that's what I did when I moved :)

I all ready have a card licence is there still a bit you rip of and send back? :confused:

shredder
06-04-2005, 10:30
Hello, Does anyone know if the provisional driving license is available to download from the dvla website? i found it last week but ran out of ink in my printer! i now have ink but can't find the form!
Thank you in advance.

bob_builder
06-04-2005, 11:56
Hello, Does anyone know if the provisional driving license is available to download from the dvla website? i found it last week but ran out of ink in my printer! i now have ink but can't find the form!
Thank you in advance.
I doubt it - you will need to apply for a photocard and for that you will need the special photo "window" that comes with form D1.

shredder
06-04-2005, 12:15
Ok thanks Bob! Guess i'm off for a walk to the post office!