PDA

View Full Version : can someone please tell NTL to

kronas
23-06-2003, 18:59
spell the bloody name of my town right

Planned Maintenance - w/c 23/6/03
23 June 2003 07:59

As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade the existing cable network, there is a requirement to carry out Universal Broadband Router, or UBR, upgrades and maintenance to the core network.
On Tuesday the 24th June between 01:00 and 06:00 :-

Network optimisation on the following uBRs may result in a brief (minute or two) outage to customers in the following areas :

Belfast City, Belfast, Coventry, Warwick, Ely, Bishop Stortford, Camberley, Hinkley, Kempstone, Luton, Ware, Middlesborough, Grimsby, Mansfield, Newark, Northampton, Reading, Barhead, Bishopbriggs, Canniesburn, Eastwood, Renfrew, Rutherglen.

uBR hardware configuration changes will result in an outage lasting approximately 10 minutes to customers in the following areas:

Westminster, Andover, Belfast, Coventry, Lichfield, Warwick, Cardiff, Cwmbran, Ely, Newport, Broomhill, Canniesburn, Clydebank, Cowcaddens, Erskine, Greenock, Johnstone, Kirklees, Renfrew, Rutherglen, Shettlestone, Swansea, Gorseinon, Port Talbot, Sketty, Swindon, Hatfield, Stevenage, Reading, Penarth, Pentwyn, St. Mellons, Treforest, Whitchurch, Bishop Stortford, Cambridge, New Market, Papworth, Colchester, Broomhill, Aldershot, Camberley, Farnborough, Fleet, Guildford, Woking, Grimsby, Heckmond Wycke, Huddersfield, Hinkley, Leicester, Northfields, Shepshed, Staffod, North Beds, Biggleswade, Cheshunt.

Network segmentation alterations will result in an outage to customers in Northampton for approximately one hour.

Software upgrades to the usenet service (newsgroups) may result in a degraded service for the duration of the work.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this work may cause.

Heckmond Wycke wtf with a space too how hard is it to spell heckmondwike :******: :******: :******:

yep another pointless thread sorry mods !!!!

handyman
23-06-2003, 19:03
sorry kronas the kirklees area is only as big as the back af a first class stamp so we dont bother with it that much :) not surprised that the outage notification guys aint heard of it.

kronas
23-06-2003, 19:05
Originally posted by handyman
sorry kronas the kirklees area is only as big as the back af a first class stamp so we dont bother with it that much :) not surprised that the outage notification guys aint heard of it.

true but they put my town seperate which is great but get it right LOL :p :D :D :p

EDIT handyman when they mean tuesday 1am - 6am does that mean tonight ?

Lord Nikon
23-06-2003, 19:34
I would have thought it meant whenever the van sent out which will immediately get lost from having a misnamed destination actually finds the place lol

kronas
23-06-2003, 19:34
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
I would have thought it meant whenever the van sent out which will immediately get lost from having a misnamed destination actually finds the place lol

no i have had ntl guys out twice and they arrived on time !

Dave Stones
23-06-2003, 19:45
weckmondhike doesnt deserve its own listing or a correct spelling... nasty plaace lol

oh and kirklees is slightly bigger than a postage stamp now..

kronas
23-06-2003, 22:47
Originally posted by Dave Stones
weckmondhike doesnt deserve its own listing or a correct spelling... nasty plaace lol

its alot better then burpfield :p

poolking
24-06-2003, 08:30
where is heckmonnoodle anyway? :D

kronas
24-06-2003, 14:23
Originally posted by poolking
where is heckmonnoodle anyway? :D

do you want an a** whipping too ? :mad: :mad: :afire: :afire:

its near bradford :D :D

Taf
24-06-2003, 16:11
Bradford?

Lord Nikon
24-06-2003, 17:17
hackbutwipe must be a small place then....

Captain_caveman
24-06-2003, 20:44
Who cares it's in Yorkshire? Yorkshire suxs, especially with all those funny names such as hekmothingymbob. Thats all you need to know. :D ;)
Now lancashire thats a county and a half!

kronas
24-06-2003, 20:51
bleh screw you lot i bet all your towns suck just as much :rolleyes: :p ;) :D :D :D :D

retep
24-06-2003, 21:52
Come off it Kronas, everyone knows that Heckmondwike is only a jumped up suburb of Liversedge!

kronas
24-06-2003, 21:55
Originally posted by retep
Come off it Kronas, everyone knows that Heckmondwike is only a jumped up suburb of Liversedge!

lmao no its not its alot nicer then that dump :D :D :D

but hey it is a boring town hecky but what can i say its quiet :p

Ramrod
24-06-2003, 23:49
Originally posted by kronas
but hey it is a boring town hecky but what can i say its quiet :p
believe me....quiet is good m8

kronas
24-06-2003, 23:55
Originally posted by Ramrod
believe me....quiet is good m8

i know im lucky to be in a quiet area hope it stays that way.........

poolking
24-06-2003, 23:58
For kronas:

http://www.proviser.com/regional/towns/heckmondwike/

:D

kronas
25-06-2003, 00:26
Originally posted by poolking
For kronas:

http://www.proviser.com/regional/towns/heckmondwike/

:D

lmao nice one :D :D :D :D :D

baldy
25-06-2003, 15:18
somebody has changed it :D

kronas
25-06-2003, 15:20
Originally posted by baldy
somebody has changed it :D

rotflmao thats so funny they have and included a smiley remark on the status page thank you whoever it was lmao :wavey: :p :p :p :D :D :D :D

Lord Nikon
25-06-2003, 16:58
Interesting how the street maps all fit on a single sheet of A4 and carry the scale of 1inch = 1inch