PDA

View Full Version : Interview attire?

Kliro
01-04-2005, 18:47
Hey, Ive got an interview at a cafe nero, and was wondering what you think would be suitable to wear,

Something casual

shirt, tie - no jacket,

fully suited.

Its only for a little part time job, I was just wondering what would be best.

kronas
01-04-2005, 18:49
shirt, tie, no jacket, and shoes.

oh and some strong cologne.

make sure you dont have a freakish hairstyle and keep gel to a minimum if you use hair gel.

shredder
01-04-2005, 18:49
I'd go for smart casual, nice black trousers, shoes and a reasonalbly smart shirt/top. Dress to impress!

Kliro
01-04-2005, 18:50
wow, quick replies :P

anouther thing, he didnt mention anything about a cv, should I bring that? how about my NI?

kronas
01-04-2005, 18:52
wow, quick replies :P

anouther thing, he didnt mention anything about a cv, should I bring that? how about my NI?

definately take a CV have your NI card with you just in case!

shredder
01-04-2005, 18:52
Yep take your cv just incase, it looks much better to have gone prepared, I woulodn't worry about your NI in my experience that comes once you've got the job and payroll etc needs completing

kronas
01-04-2005, 18:55
good luck on the proceedings, just be yourself and dont faf around too much in the interview, just act like you know it, works for me ;)

shredder
01-04-2005, 18:58
Yeah good luck! :)

Marge
01-04-2005, 19:02
and some strong cologne.

not too much, don't wanna knock the interviewer out :erm:

kronas
01-04-2005, 19:04
not too much, don't wanna knock the interviewer out :erm:

true but if its a lass then all is good :naughty: ;)

Kliro
01-04-2005, 19:08
heh, thanks for the input everyone, im just doing a cv now :)

paulyoung666
01-04-2005, 19:24
heh, thanks for the input everyone, im just doing a cv now :)

so you are prepared then :erm: , just make sure you can remember what you put on it , favourite trick to catch ppl out is the old c.v. check ;) :D :D :D

Kliro
01-04-2005, 19:34
What CV check?? :erm:

paulyoung666
01-04-2005, 19:36
What CV check?? :erm:

the one where the quiz you on something like where you worked on so and so date and you give them a completely different answer ;)

Dave Stones
01-04-2005, 19:48
unless it was one of those application forms, like mine was, that said "do not include a cv" etc etc... and it asks for all the same details anyway. silly...

odds are that they will ask you for a time when you have gone out of your way to help someone... every single time i've had this question :)

kronas
01-04-2005, 19:50
i think the production of a CV is vital to providing the employer with more background on yourself, instead of spreading your skills all over the page and qualifications tell them a bit about yourself, also i recommend blagging a little, customise it for the job at hand, as its a cafe then i think you should atleast talk about customer service etc...

Dave Stones
01-04-2005, 19:53
but, if it didnt ask for a cv on your application form, and it asked for all your qualifications etc, do not reveal it to them, or anything.... can cause a lot of problems, and more often than not they will just bin it anyway :)

kronas
01-04-2005, 19:56
but, if it didnt ask for a cv on your application form, and it asked for all your qualifications etc, do not reveal it to them, or anything.... can cause a lot of problems, and more often than not they will just bin it anyway :)

well dave i didnt mean hand it in, if the interviewer asks for it then your prepared, i recently read a sign 'part time staff wanted ask instore' so i asked and didnt expect a CV request but was told i needed one to even be considered!

i know its diffarent but its better to be prepared and its handy to have for the future.

greencreeper
01-04-2005, 20:55
Tie your tie properly - annoys the hell out of me when people don't. And polish your shoes - and make sure they are shoes and not some fancy modern rubbish. Leather! Choose a pastel colour shirt or go for classic white or blue. Make sure the tie matches and there's no dinner down it. Smile often and lots of eye contact. If you take a CV, print it on 90gsm paper - not el cheapo near see through stuff. And remember - no more than 3 sides of A4.

I think that's it :erm:

ntl customer
02-04-2005, 02:31
Tie your tie properly - annoys the hell out of me when people don't. And polish your shoes - and make sure they are shoes and not some fancy modern rubbish. Leather! Choose a pastel colour shirt or go for classic white or blue. Make sure the tie matches and there's no dinner down it. Smile often and lots of eye contact. If you take a CV, print it on 90gsm paper - not el cheapo near see through stuff. And remember - no more than 3 sides of A4.

I think that's it :erm:

You forgot a golden one ... don't sit down unless invited to, and even if not prompted to sit down never do until the interviewer has done so.

And don't swear, even mildly.

kronas
02-04-2005, 16:51
You forgot a golden one ... don't sit down unless invited to, and even if not prompted to sit down never do until the interviewer has done so.

i usally try and sync that :erm:

And don't swear, even mildly.

definately dont, just come across as a mild mannered calm person... :disturbd:

ian@huth
02-04-2005, 17:36
With any job in the catering field one of the most important things is to make sure that your hands are clean with well manicured fingernails. There's nothing worse than to be served by someone with half of their garden stuck under their fingernails and nicotine stained fingers that look as if they had a problem wiping their backside. Clothing should be clean and well pressed and not too obtrusive with well polished footwear.