PDA

View Full Version : 02 Pay & Go Offer

MadGamer
01-04-2005, 16:00
Just topped my phone up with £10 credit, and when you ring up the Top up line, they go though all sorts of offers. This is one which i have taken up. If you text the word 'Reward' (without quotes) to 50202 you can claim 10% back on all your top ups. The text is completely free from your o2 Mobile phone.

etccarmageddon
03-04-2005, 21:05
orange appear to be offering an extra £5 if you spend £10 in a week on calls/texts. looks like pay as you go is getting very competitive.

MadGamer
03-04-2005, 21:17
I was with Orange once, the Virgin Mobile, and now o2 as they are the cheapest.

paulyoung666
03-04-2005, 21:19
I was with Orange oonce, the Virgin Mobile, and now o2 as they are the cheapest.

depends , virgin to virgin is very competitive :tu:

etccarmageddon
03-04-2005, 21:26
orange customer service for pay as you go users isnt just appalling it's worse!

orange appear to be offering an extra £5 if you spend £10 in a week on calls/texts. looks like pay as you go is getting very competitive.

I've just been told to clarify the above by her indoors! to be more accurate it looks like orange are getting competitive at last!

dilli-theclaw
03-04-2005, 21:27
I know you can use a virgin sim card in a t-mobile phone - but can you use a t-mobile card in a virgin phone ? (without unlocking I mean)

Sorry to barge in here but I was looking at phones earlier and was thinking of getting a virgin phone (but i have a t-mobile sim) I have put virgin sim's in t-mobile phones with %100 success and was just wondering if the process is reversable.

paulyoung666
03-04-2005, 21:29
I know you can use a virgin sim card in a t-mobile phone - but can you use a t-mobile card in a virgin phone ? (without unlocking I mean)

Sorry to barge in here but I was looking at phones earlier and was thinking of getting a virgin phone (but i have a t-mobile sim) I have put virgin sim's in t-mobile phones with %100 success and was just wondering if the process is reversable.

iirc you cant , i.e. they need unlocking , sorry :(

dilli-theclaw
03-04-2005, 21:32
iirc you cant , i.e. they need unlocking , sorry :(

Now normally I'd just agree with you, But virgin use t-mobile's network and a t-mobile handset doesn't need to be unlocked to use a virgin sim.

The trouble is I can't get hold of a virign handset to try it :(

paulyoung666
03-04-2005, 21:35
Now normally I'd just agree with you, But virgin use t-mobile's network and a t-mobile handset doesn't need to be unlocked to use a virgin sim.

ahhhhh i see , and you are quite correct about the crossover between virgin and t-mobile , i just seem to recall that virgin mobiles need unlocking , of course i may and have been in the past wrong :( :D :D :D

zing_deleted
04-04-2005, 11:56
Ive been with o2 on one of there online packages from when it was genie,used to be unlimited text free now its 300 do i see another cap issue lol lol lol

bob_builder
04-04-2005, 12:26

I believe the issue is that T-Mobile phones are locked to the network (T-Mobile) so any SIM that uses the T-Mobile network (T-Mobile, Virgin, Fresh, easymobile, oldBT) can be used in them.

However, I believe Virgin phones are locked to the service provider (Virgin) and not the network (T-Mobile). So you can only use Virgin SIMs in them (but on any network that Virgin have an agreement with (so they could move to the Vodafone network, for example, without having to unlock the phones).

However, you can get a free unlock code from Virgin providing you have topped-up with at least £30 since connecting.