PDA

View Full Version : Promotion

Escapee
31-03-2005, 18:16
I have been promoted in my place of work, and would like to thank the people here who have helped me with one or two problems recently that have been outside my area of expertise.

I have been undertaking a fair amount of work in my own time at home recently, I was using it as an opportunity to devlop some skills in other areas as much as anything else. My efforts have meant a 300% productivity increase with one of the companies products, this has not gone un-noticed and as a result I was called into the office along with another guy to be patted on the back. (after the MD came to have a look at my work)

I do not feel any guilt over getting promotion or receiving monetary reward for the extra hours that I have done, I have worked hard over the past few months with some big challenges to come. I guess this is the reason for my attitude in some other threads, because a couple of guys who have done nothing extra but grab all the paid overtime they can, are complaining about the promotion already. These guys have scheming as they try to build their little empires, but it has all backfired leaving me feeling very smug about it. At least my immediate manager and management above have realised there are people who get on with the job and produce results, and those who know about everything but never seem to be able to demonstrate their superior knowledge. :rolleyes:
I guess my attitude that you dont get something for nothing has paid off, I have put myself out and am now getting rewarded for it. Although the huge task ahead is a bit daunting, and as someone said "Youre responsible, ie: If it dont work your responsible" :D

I'm glad to work for a company that encourages and rewards peoples extra work, and not one that listens to the bulls******s!

punky
31-03-2005, 18:19
Congrats on the promotion mate.

Escapee
31-03-2005, 18:29
Congrats on the promotion mate.

Cheers, actually I think you were one of the ones who helped me.

Beer on me I suppose then. :tu:

homealone
31-03-2005, 18:30
Good news - well done :tu:

- I agree with the sentiment about working for a company that recognises & rewards a job well done

- just wish i did, but that's another story ;)

punky
31-03-2005, 18:34
Cheers, actually I think you were one of the ones who helped me.

Beer on me I suppose then. :tu:

Ohh wicked :) I'm a tight-arse so i'll hold you to that :) Glad I helped :)

Tezcatlipoca
31-03-2005, 18:44
Congrats :)

kronas
31-03-2005, 18:46
well done Escapee now lets hope it works! :p:

Tuftus
31-03-2005, 20:31
Well done mate, wish I worked at your place.... :D

Robert Atkins
31-03-2005, 20:47
Congrats!

carlingman
31-03-2005, 23:14
:clap: :clap: nice to see the genuine people getting the promotions rather than the arse kissers.

:D

greencreeper
31-03-2005, 23:17
Smashing! :) You'll start changing though. There's a correlation between how taciturn and political a person is, and the level of responsibility and status that person has ;)

In my current job I'm looking at about a decade before I get promotion :D :erm:

Earl of Bronze
31-03-2005, 23:30
Congratulations Escapee, it sounds like the best man got the job, or rather the promotion in this case. :D

Gareth
01-04-2005, 00:24
Good on ya :tu:

Seti
01-04-2005, 00:29
Awww I am really chuffed for you Escapee. :hugs: :tu: Good on ya:) :clap::clap::clap:

Sian

Stuart
01-04-2005, 00:32
Well done Escapee.. See, there are companies better than NTL.. :D