PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Annual fishing licenses are due.

zoombini
30-03-2005, 15:28
Just a small reminder to those fisherpersons amongst you, your rod license is imminently due replacement.

Go here (http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/fish/399730/?version=1&lang=_e) to replace it online and save yourself 50p in doing it online.
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/commondata/figurethumbnails/cfrodlicence0405_tn_672466.jpg

Nugget
30-03-2005, 15:30
Just a small reminder to those fisherpersons amongst you, your rod license is imminently due replacement.

Go here (http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/fish/399730/?version=1&lang=_e) to replace it online.

Just out of curiosity (and no fish gags 'cos I promised Coggy ;) ), would a fisherman need to get all of his tackle licensed :angel: :)

Just curious, 'cos I don't know if you pay different rates depending on *ahem* length of rod and whatnot oops:

zoombini
30-03-2005, 15:33
Ha ha.

I believe that it covers you for 2 rods & line. can't remember.

but this tells you more (http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/fish/165773/169852/174139/253622/?version=1&lang=_e).

Nugget
30-03-2005, 15:44
It says that you need a licence for coarse fishing. Is that where you frighten the fish out of the water by shouting things like "BUM!" and "KNICKERS!" at it?

I'll be off then! :disturbd:

punky
30-03-2005, 15:46
I've missed you Nug :) You're always a laff.

Nugget
30-03-2005, 15:54
I've missed you Nug :) You're always a laff.

:blush:

Beats working though, doesn't it ;)

danielf
30-03-2005, 15:57
:blush:

Beats working though, doesn't it ;)

Dunno, given the choice between working and fishing, I might choose working (especially on a day like this)

ScaredWebWarrior
30-03-2005, 16:09
but this tells you more (http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/fish/165773/169852/174139/253622/?version=1&lang=_e).

Where it seems that:

Does it cost more to buy a licence online?

Licences cost the same as at the Post Office (click on table on right), but there is a small surcharge of 25 pence to cover additional administration and banking transaction fees.

Duh. And I thought that automated transaction systems were supposed to CUT costs!!!

aliferste
30-03-2005, 16:28
I dont need one in Scotland :)

Nugget
30-03-2005, 16:36

Why not? Is there an overcrowding problem? ANyway, we all know that you just lob haggis at them, until they give up and fry themselves.

JOKE!!!!

Monster Jedi
30-03-2005, 16:56
Do you need a license to go fishing in a nite club??

Nugget
30-03-2005, 17:05
Do you need a license to go fishing in a nite club??

Good question, to which the answer is ...

... only if you're wearing fishnets!

You're alright - I'm going home soon

Caspar
30-03-2005, 17:21
What annoys me about fisherpeople (socially correct term;)) ...is that they think they own the water pond places...

..I mean I take my dog for a good swim in the local pond as often as I can...but when hols come or a mindly nice Sat morning there they are hogging the pond.

I, being a respectable member of the community, have to prevent my dog from going for a dip....and it's quite hard when he's looking at me asking to go...and trying to walk towards the pond...thinking that's where I'm going...

...there's always a bit of me who wants to accidentally let him go and dip in...and **** them all off....but I'm not that cruel...and wouldn't want him getting sliced and diced by their hooks...

Also!...they leave such a mess...crisp papers...[camping] chairs..old unwanted nets/rod...wire from their rods...and even hooks!...floating in the water....they are a menace :mad: :(

smicer07
30-03-2005, 17:43
Can I be the first to say.... fish off!

Caspar
30-03-2005, 17:48
Can I be the first to say.... fish off!
No, you cannot! :redcard:

smicer07
30-03-2005, 17:49
Anyone ever had their license checked? Only happened to me once, about 10 years ago!

Monster Jedi
30-03-2005, 17:50
It's cheaper and quicker to just goto the local chippy

zoombini
30-03-2005, 19:35
Never had mine checked ever.

Problem is that there will be a check one day & it's most liekly to be from me to the EA paying up because they caught me without one :D

Cheapest sport I know of that I'm prepared to do.

As for owning the waters, perhaps they do, many angling clubs take on the responsibilities of the upkeep of waters if not the entire ownership.

Still, if you were sunbathing & someone came along & blocked out the sun near you, you'd be pretty peed off too, thats the same as your dog scaring off all the fish :D

ScaredWebWarrior
01-04-2005, 12:26

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4400333.stm

(But then again, it's probably just an A.F. to wind up the readers in Scotland ;) )

Caspar
01-04-2005, 14:20
Still, if you were sunbathing & someone came along & blocked out the sun near you, you'd be pretty peed off too, thats the same as your dog scaring off all the fish :D

Not quite the same...as my dog swims in that pond all year round...but the the spring/summer comes the anglers come out and take over... and deprives him of his daily swim :( ...what right to they have to jut take over? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

..but that's not it, as above...I can live (to an extent with the above)..but when they clearly don't care about the pond....i..e leaving rubbish/old rods/tackle/hooks/lines/chairs...etc...next to and in the pond then that just drives me looney :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :dunce:

zoombini
01-04-2005, 16:18
But then there are the other anglers who do care & take home thier's AND OTHERs rubbish etc, the anglers who actually come & clean up these waters, repair the bankings, clean them out & generally clean up the environment.

Those that leave a mess are usually just the same anywhere else, the poeple that are making the rest of this country into a ****hole.

When you take your dog to swim in this water, do you have the waters owners permission to let him do so?

There may well be the right of who has permisssion or has paid to use it. the sunbathing analogy IS the same, you don't sunbath all year round do you.

Just renewed my license.
And yes it does cost 25p more, no 50p saving (must have confused me).

timebandit
16-07-2008, 21:56
Sorry to hear about your hassle with anglers Casper . Most anlglers look after the enviroment @ the end of the day if we left the ponds / rivers polluted we wouldnt have anything to fish for.
'cept dogfish :)

Hugh
16-07-2008, 22:02
bump.....................

Graham M
16-07-2008, 22:35
Just a bit, and Caspar hasn't been on in about 4-5 months I think

whydoIneedatech
16-07-2008, 22:57
Its all a bit fishy if you ask me:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Graham M
16-07-2008, 23:13
Oh Cod! Puns already!?

saabmania2
17-07-2008, 19:30
please post more on this i'm hooked!!!! :D

but does this mean we will all have to compare tackle to make sure you have the right crudentials next time we are fishing p.s i have got a really BIG ahmm!!

reel for shark fishing (might catch a rare zinglebarb!!) :p: