PDA

View Full Version : Damned if you do,Damned if you don't

Maggy
29-03-2005, 17:30
This (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4389849.stm) is definitely a new one to me...

I'm off to work out the most ridiculous syndrome and then write a book about it... :D

Paul K
29-03-2005, 17:32
This (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4389849.stm) is definitely a new one to me...

I'm off to work out the most ridiculous syndrome and then write a book about it... :D
Put the bran down and step away from the muesli ;)

paulyoung666
29-03-2005, 17:55
:rofl: :rofl:

MetaWraith
29-03-2005, 18:12
Put the bran down and step away from the muesli ;)

ROTFLMAO, greenie to follow

andyl
29-03-2005, 18:14
I think it's very important to have a balanced diet..... which means a Whopper every now and then.

Actually I find myself irresistibly lured to unhealthy food having been grilled (not literally though medium rare would have been my preference)by a facist dietician who, having found nothing wrong with what I was eating (and my cholesterol was 2.6 at the time - well, well low!), told me to go home and check how much fat there is in Utterly Butterly. Mind you, I had just had a heart attack when I saw the facist! But still, no excuse ;)

Earl of Bronze
29-03-2005, 19:13
Heres a question for you highly intelligent ;) forum members.

Whats the point in healthy eating, exercise, low cholesterol, blah blah blah, when the extra years you gain by pounding your knees to peices jogging. All the extra time spent crapping all that bran out etc. Only gives you more time to be old?

Now if you got the extra benefit of a healthy diet and regular exercise in you 40's say then I could see the point. But whats the point if the extra years you earn is when your mind starts to wander, and you cant enjoy life because you might pee yourself if you get too far from the toilet.

Wow, the view from left field is groovie baby. :devsmoke: :smokin:

Chimaera
29-03-2005, 19:14
Sod that - I'll eat what I want, drink what I want and be the best looking corpse in the mortuary! :rofl:

Earl of Bronze
29-03-2005, 19:21
Sod that - I'll eat what I want, drink what I want and be the best looking corpse in the mortuary! :rofl:

Live Fast. Die Young.

Or....

Its better to burn out, than to fade away.

Personally I always reckoned 50 was a good age to pop the clogs at. Half centurary and all that, seen a bit, done a bit. Loved, laughed, cried. Sounds ok to me.

Ramrod
29-03-2005, 19:26
I'd like to live forever..............(with a healthy body and mind of course)

homealone
29-03-2005, 19:26
Live Fast. Die Young.

Or....

Its better to burn out, than to fade away.

Personally I always reckoned 50 was a good age to pop the clogs at. Half centurary and all that, seen a bit, done a bit. Loved, laughed, cried. Sounds ok to me.

nah - not while everything still works ;)

- but I know where you are coming from, one of Billy Connolly's gags was along the lines of ' they say smoking takes 10 years off your life, but as they are the worst 10 years, why worry' :D

Earl of Bronze
29-03-2005, 19:49
nah - not while everything still works ;)

Best time to go mate is while everything still works. :D

Maureen used to say ''Live, Laugh, Love''. Well I've done all three, and if my number was up tomorrow I'd look Death right in the eye, give him *the fingers* and move on. :)

Maggy
29-03-2005, 23:18
Well I've thought of one but I'm not sure it's not an old syndrome with a new techy twist.... :erm:

andyl
29-03-2005, 23:26
Personally I always reckoned 50 was a good age to pop the clogs at.

I'm 40 in a few weeks.... so only a decade to go. :Yikes: Better get off here and get a life! ;)

Gareth
30-03-2005, 01:22
Bah, the article was a load of rubbsih.... pass me that Pot Noodle please ;)

By the way, I remember when the author used to write articles for Your Sinclair magazine back in the 80's... he's done quite well for himself.

Seems he's got his own website too... www.davidmccandless.com

ian@huth
30-03-2005, 01:45
Well, I'm the wrong side of 50 and hope I can carry on for as long as possible. Mobility and health are problematic for me but at least the old brain is still active. I used to have the philosophy that I should eat what I wanted and sod the consequences but decided a while ago to change my diet in order to help my wife with hers. It is far easier to stick to a diet if your partner follows the same one as you. I have missed some things that I used to enjoy but feel so much better for the dietry change.

Life is a bitch really. When you are young you don't have the time or the money to do what you want. When you get older you have both the time and the money but if your health isn't up to it you still can't do those things you saved to do later in life.