Ha HA, that looks fun.

MovedGoalPosts
27-03-2005, 22:15
I need one :D

andyl
27-03-2005, 22:16
I thought this thread was about kids :(

;)

EDIT: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1445879,00.html#article_continue EVIL

"Ms Nanda has plans to make a second generation of more intelligent Clockies. If two people sharing a room needed to get up at different times, two Clockies could sound different alarms and even gang up on a serial oversleeper by sounding their alarms simultaneously. "

Macca371
27-03-2005, 22:32
It still wouldn't get me up, I'd find the buggar, turn it off then hop right back into bed :D

andyl
27-03-2005, 22:41
It still wouldn't get me up, I'd find the buggar, turn it off then hop right back into bed :D

I guess it's really a question of whether the concentration of aiming and the noise emitted by your personal firearm, is the lesser evil of a furry little devil device.

I believe in nature. If we're supposed to wake up, we will (the exception proving the rule being the use of drugs (alcohol included) which, thinking about it, identifies the target market. A big target market. They'd better click the 'Advertise On CF' link. :))

Halcyon
27-03-2005, 23:08
I believe in nature. If we're supposed to wake up, we will

I'd like to see the reply from your employer if you told him that at 11.45 in the morning when you were meant to be at work at 9.

:p:

andyl
27-03-2005, 23:10
I'd like to see the reply from your employer if you told him that at 11.45 in the morning when you were meant to be at work at 9.

:p:

I'm self employed :D

But got two kids..... always up in time for CF, sorry work :( :)

EDIT: Hang on, should I have put my clocks forward 2 1/4 hours?! Bugger!

Stuart
27-03-2005, 23:15
D'ya know the most effective alarm clock I found?

My old Psion Series 5 organizer (still, IMO, the best organizer I found).

It had the ability to use a recorded sound as an alarm. I recorded "Living Lavida Loca" by Ricky Martin, set that as the alarm sound, left the organiser over the other side of the room and turned the volume to full.

It scared the crap out of me each morning, but I woke up.

andyl
27-03-2005, 23:17
D'ya know the most effective alarm clock I found?

My old Psion Series 5 organizer (still, IMO, the best organizer I found).

It had the ability to use a recorded sound as an alarm. I recorded "Living Lavida Loca" by Ricky Martin, set that as the alarm sound, left the organiser over the other side of the room and turned the volume to full.

It scared the crap out of me each morning, but I woke up.

Masochist. How about Ace of Spades? Who would need a pep-you-up smoothie after that?!

andyl
28-03-2005, 10:16
Someone didn't forget but got it a bit wrong. Barclays lost ATN, internet and telephone banking yesterday because, apparently, an employee put the clock on the system back instead of forward! EDIT: (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/03/28/nbarc28.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/03/28/ixportal.html)