PDA

View Full Version : Booking in time on internal flights

blackthorn
27-03-2005, 13:40
Does anybody know how much time you have to be at the airport for an internal uk flight. Is it the same as for a foreign holiday ie 2-3 hours before.
Theres a new service starting in May from Liverpool to Southampton which only takes 1hour and at a reasonable price of £11.50 there and £0.95 back.

Paul K
27-03-2005, 13:52
The airline or airport may be a better place to look for this as it can differ from company to company. Who is the company in question?

blackthorn
27-03-2005, 13:56
Flybe, I`ve looked around but cant see anything but as usual its probably staring me in the face.

Ok, I`ve just found it, thanks. hand luggage only 20mins before flight.
cases 30 mins before flight.

Tricky
27-03-2005, 14:01
Flybe, I`ve looked around but cant see anything but as usual its probably staring me in the face.

Having flown FlyBe on a number of occasions I would not trust the 20 / 30 minute information - I have been refused boarding at 30 minutes to go with no luggage except a newspaper!

Paul K
27-03-2005, 14:07

I would always take their recommeded arrival times as a suggestion and not a rule. If they say 20-30 mins I would arrive an hour before flight to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

Scrubbs
27-03-2005, 14:32
I would always take their recommeded arrival times as a suggestion and not a rule. If they say 20-30 mins I would arrive an hour before flight to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

I fly an awful lot( about twice a month) both internal and international and I would agree with paul at least an hour before the flight time for internal.:)

Earl of Bronze
27-03-2005, 14:33
I know when I fly to Liverppol with Easyjet from Belfast its recommended that you check in one hour before flight time. Personally I usually grt in line one and a half hours before take-off.

SMHarman
27-03-2005, 14:46

Thats when you need to be at the desk - not the back of the queue.