PDA

View Full Version : Connection in a Cabled Area?

tyndyll
24-03-2005, 19:15
Hi All,

hoping someone can answer a query. I'm moving house from one ntl cabled area to another. I'm looking to transfer everything across to the new house (not a new build, about 10 years old) and the ntl site says I am in a ntl cabled area....

but...

After moving tv and things in I found that I was getting poor reception and asked around the neighbours to see if they are just using sky etc. One neighbour has told me that ntl don't stretch down the street as far as my house. There is no pavement directly outside my house (it finishes about 25m down the road) and the neighbour said that they think thats as far as the cable goes.

Is this likely to be correct. I have ntl confirming that they are coming on Tuesday to do the installation but am now concerned that they're going to arrive only to tell me that nothing can be installed. Will be phoning ntl tomorrow morning but being the impatient type I thought I'd see if I could get some info now

Thanks in advance

tyndyll

hairy_mick
24-03-2005, 19:45
welcome to nthell if your neighbour does not have cable service its not looking good you will only find out on the day of install unless the job is pre pulled then you will be informed if its a no no good luck.