PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Shop

LooeyUK
23-03-2005, 23:54
I've got an interview for a shop called "Republic". Its a clothing shop aimed at people aged 16 - 30.

Their main lable is Bench but they also sell levis, fcuk etc...

Anyway, problem is, do I go to the interview in a suit? or do i go dressed casual as thats what their clothing is like. Its also what their staff wear.

Also, better still, does anyone work for them? What they like? Pay? Discount?

Chris W
24-03-2005, 09:35
IIRC you live in Kent... would that make it Republic in Bluewater? If so, i know a guy who used to work there... 2 years ago he was on 4.80 an hour, and got a 25% staff discount, not sure what the deal is now though.

I would recommend, smart-casual for the interview, i would go for shirt and trousers but forget about the tie... but that's just me :)

good luck :tu:

STONEISLAND
24-03-2005, 09:37
I would go with treandy smart casual dig out the paul smith somthing along those lines.

allieyoung666
24-03-2005, 09:48
Smart casual for a shop like that, nice pair of black trews, nice smart top, bingo you shoul have the job!!!

scrotnig
24-03-2005, 10:06
Hmmm. I'm old fashioned, but it should be shirt and tie for ANY interview.

orangebird
24-03-2005, 10:08
Hmmm. I'm old fashioned, but it should be shirt and tie for ANY interview.

I'm with you on that. Shirt and tie for the interview - ask them at the interview what you'd be expected to wear if you were to work at the shop. Good luck! :)

SMHarman
24-03-2005, 10:24
I think in this case you should dress like an employee - though that should be the smartest employee in the store. An office / more senior role then a shirt / tie would be appropriate even if the general office policy is smart casual as most smart casual offices require suit / tie for external meetings anyway.

90% of decisions on candidates are made in the first 5 minutes and image perception is a key part of this. Looking like you would fit in on the shop floor is a good start. Then talking about your love for customer service, folding sweaters and previous experience dealing with customers and some problem customers you have done right with should have the job in the (shopping) bag.

Bex
24-03-2005, 12:11
I think in this case you should dress like an employee - though that should be the smartest employee in the store. An office / more senior role then a shirt / tie would be appropriate even if the general office policy is smart casual as most smart casual offices require suit / tie for external meetings anyway.

90% of decisions on candidates are made in the first 5 minutes and image perception is a key part of this. Looking like you would fit in on the shop floor is a good start. Then talking about your love for customer service, folding sweaters and previous experience dealing with customers and some problem customers you have done right with should have the job in the (shopping) bag.

i agree with this. as long as your comfortable in a suit then wear one, it gives a good impression and could ulitmately sway the decision in your favour... good luck