PDA

View Full Version : Minimum requirements.

printerman
23-03-2005, 08:22
Hi,
I've got a friend who is trying to get on BB....Hes never used a computer before (really), didn't know how to use the mouse....anyway....whats the minimum spec for his pc for BB?...i beleive its a 450Mhz, 128MB 4GbHDD... i've looked on ntl and it says 166Mhz minimum...is this correct? When i got mine installed years ago i'm sure the minium was 500Mhz.......

Thanks Guys (and gals).

th'engineer
23-03-2005, 08:36
Hi,
I've got a friend who is trying to get on BB....Hes never used a computer before (really), didn't know how to use the mouse....anyway....whats the minimum spec for his pc for BB?...i beleive its a 450Mhz, 128MB 4GbHDD... i've looked on ntl and it says 166Mhz minimum...is this correct? When i got mine installed years ago i'm sure the minium was 500Mhz.......

Thanks Guys (and gals).

Correct 166 make sure your friend has a ethernet card fitted its a lot better

dilli-theclaw
23-03-2005, 09:00
Um - yeah I agree with th'engineer. My boy's PC is only a 266 and it runs internet/word processing perfectly (albeit a tad slow). Just as said try to use an ehternet adaptor. I suspect USB would WORK, but not very well at all.

printerman
23-03-2005, 09:16
Thanks all! I've told him and he's claiming that he didn't get an ethernet cable in the box.....i make these at work, but for the life of me can't remember if its straight or crossed? Straight right?

Paul K
23-03-2005, 09:20
Thanks all! I've told him and he's claiming that he didn't get an ethernet cable in the box.....i make these at work, but for the life of me can't remember if its straight or crossed? Straight right?
Some STBs require crossover but if they do then there is normally a little X-over sticker or engraving on the back of the STB itself ;)

SMHarman
23-03-2005, 09:29
STB - not sure
Stand Alone Cable Modem - does not matter it auto switches.

Graham M
23-03-2005, 10:19
Mine is straight - B type

Orange-White, Orange, Green-White, Blue, Blue-White, Green, Brown-White, Brown

thats from a Samsung STB

dilli-theclaw
23-03-2005, 10:20
Well it's straight on my cable modem.