PDA

View Full Version : No technical support...

Graham F
11-09-2003, 18:49
Seen as no-one has mentioned it i thought i would bring this to everyones attention :)

ntlhome Internet - Systems maintenance 14/09/03
8 September 2003 19:03

As part of our commitment to provide you with an excellent standard of service, on Sunday 14th September weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re making some improvements to our systems.
During this time you will be unable to make changes to your Internet service, however you will still be able to send and receive emails, surf the web and upload to your webspace.

New customers will also be unable to register an internet account at this time

Our Internet support centres will have no access to their systems during this period; normal service will be restored on the morning of 15th September.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This was taken from the status page.

So no technical support on sunday people, hold on to your hats :p

Chimaera
11-09-2003, 18:59
So - an EXCELLENT standard of service involves withdrawing that service for a day?? :eek:

Will have to try that one in work one day - and collect my cards on the way out the door!!!! :wavey:

KingPhoenix
11-09-2003, 19:46
Sorry to be a pain in the backside, but

When your car goes into the garage to be serviced, or upgraded/improved, are you not without it for that process???

If your computer is taken into a shop to be upgraded, are you not without it for that period?

Alot of upgrades require you to be without something for a short period, but you dont mention these?????

I agree..... they could at least do the upgrade overnight, or in stages to cause less disruption to the already poor service, but..........................

;) :D :cool:

albone
11-09-2003, 19:57
Well we had better hope it improves things then hadn't we!:D
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/09/1.200px

Graham F
11-09-2003, 20:00
oh and did i forget to tell you that i have heard they will be without their systems from Sunday 21st to around midday on Tuesday 23rd :angel:

sorry forget to say that before ;)

KingPhoenix
11-09-2003, 20:47
Originally posted by Scooby
oh and did i forget to tell you that i have heard they will be without their systems from Sunday 21st to around midday on Tuesday 23rd :angel:

sorry forget to say that before ;)

Now thats just rediculous.......... the upgrade process should of been chopped up into manageable modules.... so to cause as little disruptions as possible.....

Stuart
11-09-2003, 20:57
Hmm.. I like this bit...

During this time you will be unable to make changes to your Internet service, however you will still be able to send and receive emails, surf the web and upload to your webspace.

Able to send email? :rofl:

turbulentone
11-09-2003, 22:31
Originally posted by KingPhoenix
Now thats just rediculous.......... the upgrade process should of been chopped up into manageable modules.... so to cause as little disruptions as possible.....

If you knew what the upgrade was and the amount of work involved, then you might not think it so rediculous.

andygrif
11-09-2003, 23:02
Originally posted by KingPhoenix
Sorry to be a pain in the backside, but

When your car goes into the garage to be serviced, or upgraded/improved, are you not without it for that process???

<snip>

I agree..... they could at least do the upgrade overnight, or in stages to cause less disruption to the already poor service, but..........................

;) :D :cool:

Don't mean to be picky, but I would only take my car to somewhere that was willing to provide me with a courtesy car for the period it was in the garage....

...but I take your point - losing the TS for a day won't hurt too much - as long as nothing goes wrong that day.

andygrif
11-09-2003, 23:03
Originally posted by turbulentone
If you knew what the upgrade was and the amount of work involved, then you might not think it so rediculous.

What does it involve then?

Shaun
11-09-2003, 23:08
Originally posted by turbulentone

Go on spill the beans, are they going to get somthing to work??

:p

The Diplomat
11-09-2003, 23:16
Spot the cynic..... ;) :D

Shaun
11-09-2003, 23:34
Originally posted by The Diplomat
Spot the cynic..... ;) :D

I've been a customer too long haven't I. :D

Lord Nikon
12-09-2003, 00:26
Ok... The planned upgrade...

ebilling to all areas
working EPG
rolling out caller ID to ex cwc areas
2mbit BB as an option

This will happen sunday... also all pigs are fueled and awaiting clearance to take off

andygrif
12-09-2003, 11:47
Originally posted by Lord Nikon

ebilling to all areas
working EPG
2mbit BB as an option

This will happen sunday... also all pigs are fueled and awaiting clearance to take off

What does any of this have to do with the TS call centre being shut?

dialanothernumb
12-09-2003, 11:52

ebilling to all areas
working EPG
2mbit BB as an option

Oh I wish.....

I guess for the Langley lot, add interactive upgrade and for London ... well, no, that's too many pigs in flight

Shaun
12-09-2003, 14:01

ebilling to all areas
working EPG
2mbit BB as an option

I'll get my camera:p

andygrif
12-09-2003, 16:42
I'll get my shotgun....they're not sh**ting on my car

Stephen Robb
13-09-2003, 03:26
Well I'm still here @ 03:26!

Graham F
13-09-2003, 20:55
Originally posted by Stephen Robb
Well I'm still here @ 03:26!

?!?! and?

anyway....

Just to remind you...

ntlhome Internet - Systems maintenance 14/09/03
8 September 2003 19:03

As part of our commitment to provide you with an excellent standard of service, on Sunday 14th September weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re making some improvements to our systems.

New customers will also be unable to register an internet account at this time

Our Internet support centres will have no access to their systems during this period; normal service will be restored on the morning of 15th September.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Fingers crossed that we all have no problems tomorrow then :)

Seb
17-09-2003, 21:17
Do we know if this update was sucessfully completed? If so where can i get my 2Mb broadband from? :shrug:

Seb :)

Graham F
17-09-2003, 21:22
Originally posted by Seb
Do we know if this update was sucessfully completed? If so where can i get my 2Mb broadband from? :shrug:

Seb :)

:rolleyes:

the update from what i gather had nothing to do with any technical update, just an internal database update.

To answer your question you can get 2Mb Broadband now....just not with ntl :p

Seb
17-09-2003, 21:30
EDIT: Removed entire post as he realised he was an absolute MUPPET!!

Graham F
17-09-2003, 21:33
:rofl: :rofl:

please tell me you didn't take his post seriously...oh boy...he was being sarcastic :p

Seb
17-09-2003, 21:43
Well its what I would have like to have seen, apologies for the edit. I couldnt bare the humiliation. Off to go and put my hat on :dunce:. Cant believe I was so gullible!! Oh never mind :erm:

Seb

Shaun
17-09-2003, 21:44
Originally posted by Seb
EDIT: Removed entire post as he realised he was an absolute MUPPET!!

Good on ya Seb ;) .

Shame some others don't realise when their being a **** and delete their comments before people realise (not aimed at anyone in particular). :rolleyes:

Graham F
17-09-2003, 21:44
lol...well you have made my day :D

the pigs part of Lord nixpn's post gave it away to me;)

Seb
17-09-2003, 21:48
Originally posted by Scooby
lol...well you have made my day :D

the pigs part of Lord nixpn's post gave it away to me;)

I just thought he said about the pigs flyin because they were never going to complete it all in that one day. I'll tell you the truth i read that post in work on Sunday (tired and hung over), so really didnt have time/couldnt be bothered to read the whole thread in detail. I was just skimming through. I've learnt me lesson now!! :spin:

Originally posted by dellwear
Good on ya Seb ;) .

Shame some others don't realise when their being a **** and delete their comments before people realise (not aimed at anyone in particular). :rolleyes:

Well I made a desperate attempt to keep my dignity!! :D

Graham F
19-09-2003, 16:36
Just to let you all know seen as ntl seem incapable of posting this on there status page in advance. No technical support on Monday 22nd and for most of tuesday 23rd due to a system upgrade!!

Fingers crossed ppl :D

Graham F
22-09-2003, 10:56
ahem :angel:

ntl:home Internet - Systems maintenance 22/09/03 to 23/09/03
22 September 2003 00:00

As part of our commitment to provide you with an excellent standard of service, on Monday 22nd September weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re undertaking the second stage of some improvements to our systems.
New customers will also be unable to register an internet account at this time.
Our Internet support centres will have no access to their systems during this period, and so the Technical Support lines will be closed; normal service is expected to return at Midday, on Tuesday 23rd September. We apologise for any inconvenience caused

Shaun
22-09-2003, 17:15
Well done Scoobs

Shame there not so quick off the mark!

It's becoming a regular occurrence do you think they want to stop doing TS at weekends?

Graham F
22-09-2003, 21:07
Originally posted by dellwear
Well done Scoobs

Shame there not so quick off the mark!

It's becoming a regular occurrence do you think they want to stop doing TS at weekends?

That was my point this is something you have known abt for a while so why only put it on the status page the day it happens!! :rolleyes:

The upgrade as far as i know is to do with getting everything onto one database, so as far as i am aware will happen each time they migrate an old databases on to the new one.... from my convo with someone the other week they have another 5 migrations to go until all the comapny is on one database!!

The above i am not 100% sure abt!! :)