PDA

View Full Version : Merged-David Blaine...

Salu
11-09-2003, 17:32
OK. We've all heard about it. Noone has posted about it. What do we all think about his latest stunt?

Is he barking or a clever PR guru?

You decide...

I think he is mad. He could seriously jepodise his life.....for what? He's not poor any more. He is famous and has a gorgeous German girlie.

Is he cheating? Does the water have concentrated glucose (or TPN) in it? He takes a long time in peeing.....could that be a route for nutritional delivery? [The tube that is..]

Any thoughts?

Steve H
11-09-2003, 17:36
Originally posted by Salu
OK. We've all heard about it. Noone has posted about it. What do we all think about his latest stunt?

Is he barking or a clever PR guru?

You decide...

Both ;) Although, He has to keep his stunts coming, he cant just run when he's made his millions..

Is he cheating? Does the water have concentrated glucose (or TPN) in it? He takes a long time in peeing.....could that be a route for nutritional delivery? [The tube that is..]

Any thoughts?

Wouldnt put it past them :wavey:

darkangel
11-09-2003, 17:48
it seems to have escaped peoples notice but he's a magician and an unoriginal one at that of course it's a trick

gazzae
11-09-2003, 17:51
Get David Copperfield down there and make him disappear.

Russ
11-09-2003, 17:56
Originally posted by darkangel
it seems to have escaped peoples notice but he's a magician

...and therefore a professional liar.

iadom
12-09-2003, 14:15
Just heard that David Blaine is giving up his attempt to set a record for doing nothing in the box. he has accepted that he will never beat Emile Heskey.:D

Chris
12-09-2003, 14:22
I can't wait for the day he attempts the ultimate stunt and disappears entirely up his own a***

duncant403
12-09-2003, 15:01
There was a letter in the Metro suggesting Damien Hirst should get involved by using the stunt for his next art project and pickle David Blaine in formaldehyde :)

Shaun
12-09-2003, 15:08
He can't actually do it, I read an article in this weeks 'New Scientist' and they say that if he only has water for that long then his salt levels will drop that low he will collapse before he gets pas 20 (I think) days!

If he does get that far we know its a trick!!:rolleyes:

aliferste
13-09-2003, 10:33
Originally posted by dellwear
He can't actually do it, I read an article in this weeks 'New Scientist' and they say that if he only has water for that long then his salt levels will drop that low he will collapse before he gets pas 20 (I think) days!

If he does get that far we know its a trick!!:rolleyes:

Strange, I was talking to a dietician the other day .....they were saying that it should be fairly straightforward as he was sitting in a box doing absolutley nothing....therefore was not using any calories.........as long as he kept drinking water he would be fine..

Did anybody else think he looked a littl emore chubby than usual when he went into the box?

Russ
13-09-2003, 16:06
lolololol Sky.com is reporting that someone flew overhead in a helicopter and dangled a box of burgers near him :D

Dave Stones
13-09-2003, 16:35
the bbc and the sun said it was a model helicopter with one burger ;) still immensely funny tho...

what would be hilarious would be if someone flew a model plane at it and crashed it by accident...

darkangel
13-09-2003, 17:42
Originally posted by Dave Stones

what would be hilarious would be if someone flew a model plane at it and crashed it by accident...

hoggyspuds
13-09-2003, 23:00
a challenge to David Blaine.....http://larkspirit.com/hungerstrikes/

found this when i searched the net for going without food.
For info only!....not making any kind of political statment whatsoever

Russ
13-09-2003, 23:25
I've got a challenge for him - being locked up in a 7 by 3 perpex box with Jamie Oliver but not being able to choke the life out of the fat-lipped mockney nugget :grind:

Stuart
13-09-2003, 23:31
Now that would be good. Jamie Vs. David. I'd pay money for either to kill the other..

Another Challenge for David. Stay off the TV and out of the news for a year.

Nah, he could never do that..

Bill Payer
13-09-2003, 23:38
David Blaine is an illusionist.We just think we see him in that glass box,when he's really stuffing himself in some exclusive restaurant.
I hope he donates the money he makes,from this stunt,to those who are really starving!

Xaccers
13-09-2003, 23:47
Originally posted by Russ D
I've got a challenge for him - being locked up in a 7 by 3 perpex box with Jamie Oliver but not being able to choke the life out of the fat-lipped mockney nugget :grind:

That'd be pukka!

homealone
14-09-2003, 00:04
Originally posted by Bill Payer
David Blaine is an illusionist.We just think we see him in that glass box,when he's really stuffing himself in some exclusive restaurant.
I hope he donates the money he makes,from this stunt,to those who are really starving!

like that idea:wavey:

dieselking
14-09-2003, 00:35
Originally posted by homealone
like that idea:wavey:

So do I :wavey: If he does give the money he makes from this "stuint"??? (i think he;s bloody mad & needs help) then at least something worth while will come from it, a charity would received some money

MadGamer
14-09-2003, 12:59
Who would risk their life for that kind of stunt? I think he's completly mad. :confused: :confused: :confused:

timewarrior2001
22-09-2003, 16:03
http://www.brianmung.com/blainegame.htm

Ahaaaaa I'm not alone in thinking this.....:disturbd:

iadom
22-09-2003, 16:26
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
http://www.brianmung.com/blainegame.htm

Ahaaaaa I'm not alone in thinking this.....:disturbd:

Very good, I got him in five shots, Shame they put Tommy Cooper down with all the plonkers like Paul Daniels and Yuri Gellar.:)

Visibleman
22-09-2003, 17:43
Before anyone asks, i got this from another forum whilst having a browse :)

Anyways here its is -
"Apparently he is
going to stay in the box for a predetermined period, at which point an announcement will be made saying he is ill, weak etc. They will then attempt to get him down from the crane (all on live TV), at which point the box, with him in it, will drop into the Thames by 'accident' seemingly killing him. Until of course he reappears some minutes later."

I wouldnt be suprised if it was true, although maybe he really is trying to stay up there for 44 days :confused:

Atomic22
22-09-2003, 19:43
apparently sitting in the box doing nothing for 40 days is not new as emile heskey has made a career from doing it

orangebird
22-09-2003, 20:03
Originally posted by Atomic22
apparently sitting in the box doing nothing for 40 days is not new as emile heskey has made a career from doing it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

iadom
22-09-2003, 20:22
Originally posted by Atomic22
apparently sitting in the box doing nothing for 40 days is not new as emile heskey has made a career from doing it

Plagiarism :mad: :cool: http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?postid=53058#post53058

Atomic22
22-09-2003, 20:58
lol
i never saw your remark iadom hehehe i read it in the paper and thought it was funny
:wavey:

MovedGoalPosts
29-11-2003, 00:38
Just to bump an old thread.....

Aparently there is a new Christmas Toy about to be launched - the David Blane doll.

Trouble is you can't get it out of the box

Sorry I'll go away now :shrug:

Paul
29-11-2003, 01:43
Excuse me while I laugh ...... not .... ;)

Sorry, but I think it was a very lame and pointless stunt, and that was a lame joke to match. :)