PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up bit torrent need help

bopdude
23-06-2003, 16:13
Hi all.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong ?

I d\led the bit torrent .exe and installed, when i go to i site a get a report back saying could not connect or could not find server or something along those lines.

Is there something else i need to do ?

all help appreciated.......... TIA

Chris
23-06-2003, 17:02
I had a go at BitTorrent the other week (pyuuurley out of curiosity, I don't agree with ripping stuff off :D ) and had similar probs. I have a sneaking suspicion that it could have something to do with your firewall settings. BitTorrent only seems to work if it can upload at the same time as it downloads, and likes to keep uploading for several hours after you've finished taking whatever file you were after.

I wouldn't take my word for it tho', I wasn't bothered enough to try to sort it out!

Anyone else?

bopdude
23-06-2003, 18:04
Thanks for the input towny.

I'll see what else kicks up before I scrap it :)

Dave Stones
23-06-2003, 18:36
you just have to leave the torrent open. sometimes it has problems connecting to the tracker, but if you leave it the downloads will start.

also it has to wait for seeds to appear, if there are too many leechers or if there are no seeds the download will not start...

BT works fine for me... pulling down 2 albums as we speak :D

Martin
23-06-2003, 19:18
I have had a go at Bit Torrents they do work but sometimes can take forever and a day to download something. As Dave said just leave it in the background and it should start.:)

bopdude
23-06-2003, 20:17
Thanks for the tips but i just found a hub on DC that is giving me an average of 120 kb's d\led matrix reloaded in bout 2 hours dvd rip an all,

Thanks, I'll try bit torrent again later

darant
09-11-2003, 14:01
Thanks for the tips but i just found a hub on DC that is giving me an average of 120 kb's d\led matrix reloaded in bout 2 hours dvd rip an all,

Thanks, I'll try bit torrent again later

Hi all,

When you find a site to find torrents. Right click the torrent link, save as, save it somewhere (remember it) Now double click the torrent, select a place to download. Hey presto!!!!!!

PM me if any one wants help.........