PDA

View Full Version : Sainsburys

STONEISLAND
15-03-2005, 10:58
I want to share with you my experience with my shopping trip last night to Sainsbury that was so bad I had to write a letter of complaint.

This is what I emailed

It is very rare; well the fact is I have never written a letter of complaint before. (So bare with me)

Unfortunately I fell the need to do so today to express my disappointment with the Sainsbury store in Wigston Leicester.

I went shopping last night to the Wigston store as I do most weeks and I will tell you exactly how it went.

First of all the shopping trolleys where in a bad state, the choice I had of the trolleys (as you have coin operated system where you put a pound in. So you can only select 1 of the two rows) was one full of rubbish and one had a really bad wonky wheel. I chose to empty the rubbish and wipe down the sticky handrail. Not a good start.

Into the shop and no Broccoli only the most popular veg in Britain and you ran of stock. Gutted. I continued on my way. After filling my trolley with about £100 worth of shopping I went off the check out to pay. You had 1 check out that said cash only (I had a card) the other said about to close and the other basket only. Gutted I have to wait behind the lady who had a full trolley and may have to wait 5 mins for her. As I was queuing the check out girl (did not get name sorry) said, "I'm about to close" in a very rude tone and manner.

I said, "where do you want me to go" and pointed to my options 1 check out that said cash only (I had a card) the other said about to close and the other basket only. She replied I "donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t care." I was getting angry at this point take it Sainsburys does not want my business and was tempted to leave my full trolley and go home. I queued behind the lady that had the sign about to close who was also serving her last customer. She was very reluctant to serve me but said she would. So I waited patiently for her to finish the Gentlemen who also had a full trolley. Then just to rub salt in the wound as a big queue was forming behind me the speakers requested check out back up (bit late now) and the people behind me rush to the available check outs to get served. More wait time for me.

Now the only reason I shop at Sainsbury is because you are suppose to be a quality Store with quality food and service. Do you not want my business? Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m quiet happy to go to asda Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m sure they would be very grateful for my business!

I feel also you have neglected the Sainsbury store in badly as the place is dirty compared to the one in Fosse Park and Oadby.

I really do hope this has not fallen on deaf ears and look forward to your reply and explanation ASAP.

Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m a good customer as I also have pet insurance with you.

Please forward to your MD and also the GM at The Sainsburys store.

I will let you know if they reply.

nffc
15-03-2005, 11:08
Shambolic, you wonder how these firms' incompetence gets them to the position they are sometimes. [bare with me... what is this, some sort of naked orgy :LOL: ]

STONEISLAND
15-03-2005, 11:14
Shambolic, you wonder how these firms' incompetence gets them to the position they are sometimes. [bare with me... what is this, some sort of naked orgy :LOL: ]

:Yikes: :rofl:

Eze its a figure of speech.

etccarmageddon
15-03-2005, 11:17
disgraceful - I've been in that position at the TESCO store I used to go to. joined queue, waited, after 5-10 mins obnoxious cow at till looks over and says 'I'm closing, I say 'you must be joking' - she says 'no, I'm not'. everyone else behind me is too polite to object to having queued and then being told to get stuffed so...

we abandon very full trolly - I walk up to her and give her 2 fingered salute - she gasps with shock and we head off to sainsbury's which was empty.

another time I was in boots in cheshire oaks - complete farce - waited ages as they messed around at the till - staff chatting as queue develops, another till opens and the cheeky cow calls people from the back of the queue which I'm in the middle of. 15 mins later I'm served and as I walk out I shout at the top of my voice "OH MY GOD - I GOT SERVED - WHOOOO HOOO" in my best ace ventura voice.

anyway, the mature approach is to complain - preferrably in writing and get names of offenders.

STONEISLAND
15-03-2005, 11:19
Its not Roket Science is it?

Stuart
15-03-2005, 11:26
TBH, for about the last 15 years, our local Sainsburys has been terrible. They have frequently run out of the basics (and I am not talking brocolli here, but things like bread and milk), the staff rarely do any more than they have to to help the customers. They also have no idea about signage (my local store frequently fills a rack that has a huge potatos sign above it with Onions) as well as no idea about what to order (my local branch has a four racks with specialty breads, which are always full and one rack each of White and Wholemeal bread, both of which are nearly always empty).

I have had similar experiences in all the Sainsburys I have been in, so IMO, Sainsburys are terrible.

Mind you, the best example of Customer Services was in a Burger king in a services near Manchester. I went up, asked for (and got) my Whopper meal, paid my money. The guy who sold me the meal then said "You wanna eat that?". Which confused the hell out of me..

Halcyon
15-03-2005, 11:32
That is totally disrespectful to the customor.
That check out till person that replied "Don't care" deserves to be sacked. That is appalling !

I've never been to the Sainsburys in Wigston but the one in Oadby is pretty good.

Nugget
15-03-2005, 11:35
Its not Roket Science is it?

Mind you, Roket Science isn't exactly rocket science either :D :p:

STONEISLAND
15-03-2005, 11:38
Mind you, Roket Science isn't exactly rocket science either :D :p:

Theres allways 1 :mad: :dozey: :D

Paul K
15-03-2005, 11:40
I actually know someone that works at Sainsburys and to be honest it comes down to management and cost cutting. Instead of getting the right number of staff in to man the tills at peak time and restock shelves/ tidy up, they just move people around in the store and then after a certain amount of time those people have to either return to their departments or go home at which point they have to close the tills etc as there is no-one to replace them.
The staff get fed up with this obviously and because they get complaints and quite often abuse aimed at them on a daily basis they develop the "screw you" atitude which then creates more complaints and abuse from customers who don't always know what's going on behind the scenes ;)
I've known members of staff to get stuck on a till 20 minutes after their shift has ended just because people have walked into the store 5 mins before closing and then refused to get their shopping and make sure they are through the check-outs by the time the store is supposed to close. It's not a one way street you know, a lot of customers cause problems for members of staff and those problems end up escalating through the day/ week.
Having said that because of cost cutting and bad management there are a lot of Tescos and Sainsburys that are getting beyond a joke for low stock levels, low staffing levels and low morale levels :(

Mr_love_monkey
15-03-2005, 11:40
Yeah, and it's usually nugget :)

orangebird
15-03-2005, 11:43
My local Sainsburys is lovely. So is Tescos.

Nugget
15-03-2005, 11:45

Yeah, and it's usually nugget :)

:waving: :waving:

Paul K
15-03-2005, 11:47
My local Sainsburys is lovely. So is Tescos.
We have 3 or 4 local to us and to be honest there is only one that is bad (unfortunately it's the one that's 1/4 mile from our house :( ) apart from that the others are normally fine. One is being expanded at the moment so is a little understocked at times but even then it's better than the one on our doorstep :erm:

zoombini
15-03-2005, 11:58

Dont expect thier CS to forward it, do it yourself if you want to ensure that the MD gets it.

Paul K
15-03-2005, 12:12

Dont expect thier CS to forward it, do it yourself if you want to ensure that the MD gets it.
Could try one of these
http://www.j-sainsburys.co.uk/csr/index.asp?pageid=17

Tuftus
15-03-2005, 12:34
Crikey!!!

If I spoke to a customer like that I could expect to get sacked for gross missconduct...

And quite rightly so!

Good luck with your complaint and keep us posted on how you get on!

STONEISLAND
18-03-2005, 08:27
Still no reply? :dozey: :(

Any suggestions? Shall I email it again? they did say it would take 2 to 3 day to answer. :confused:

Maybe best to post?

zoombini
18-03-2005, 09:01
Probably, the MD etc will be more likely to actually get it then.
the emails will be filtered (as will the mail) and they may just spambin yours.

zovat
18-03-2005, 11:26

Any suggestions? Shall I email it again? they did say it would take 2 to 3 day to answer. :confused:

Maybe best to post?

Personally, I would post it recorded delivery, addressed to either the MD of the head of Customer Service
It costs a bit more, but someone has to sign for it - so they cannot claim they never got it. :naughty:

their address is
J Sainsbury plc
33 Holborn
London
EC1N 2HT

STONEISLAND
18-03-2005, 11:34
Personally, I would post it recorded delivery, addressed to either the MD of the head of Customer Service
It costs a bit more, but someone has to sign for it - so they cannot claim they never got it. :naughty:

their address is
J Sainsbury plc
33 Holborn
London
EC1N 2HT

I like your style. I think I will post it. Does anyone know MDs name? Or CS Heads name? :)

Ramrod
18-03-2005, 12:31
I like your style. I think I will post it. Does anyone know MDs name? Or CS Heads name? :)linky (http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/ar_2004/index.asp?pageid=50) :)

STONEISLAND
18-03-2005, 12:32
linky (http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/ar_2004/index.asp?pageid=50) :)

Perfect who is best? Do we think not sure if I should be sending it to some Sir?

dilli-theclaw
18-03-2005, 12:33
Perfect who is best? Do we think not sure if I should be sending it to some Sir?

Actually I think I'd be sending each of them a copy. But then that's just me.

STONEISLAND
18-03-2005, 12:36
Actually I think I'd be sending each of them a copy. But then that's just me.

:Yikes: Even

Sir Peter Davis ChairmanDownload Failed (1)

Appointed March 2000 as Group Chief Executive and became Chairman in March 2004. Joined Sainsburyâ₠¬â„¢s from Prudential plc where he was Group Chief Executive. Non-Executive Director of UBS AG. Age 62.

dilli-theclaw
18-03-2005, 12:51
:Yikes: Even

Sir Peter Davis Chairmanhttp://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/ar_2004/style/images/site_objects/icon_nc.gif

Appointed March 2000 as Group Chief Executive and became Chairman in March 2004. Joined Sainsburyâ₠¬â„¢s from Prudential plc where he was Group Chief Executive. Non-Executive Director of UBS AG. Age 62.

If you expect a resoloution sure - why not.

Can't hurt :)

Just to add - that although it's not Sainsbury.

I sent a complaint to the MD of woolies a few years ago (When independance day came out)

As I got charged an extra £5 compared to what woolies charged the day after for this video.

Anyway I complained in store and got told tough. I complained by sending a copy of the reciept to the address on the back and got told sorry and was sent a £1 voucher 'for my trouble'

When I sent my letter to the MD I got vouchers for £50 and an apology.

So you take it to the top m8 :)

STONEISLAND
18-03-2005, 12:56
Ok thanks for that.

I have sent a letter to Sir Peter Davis Chairman

And Bridget Macaskill Non-Executive Director as its a lady and they understand.

I have also sent one to HO maked to the person that deals with complaints.

I will keep you all posted :disturbd:

Silent Wings
18-03-2005, 13:27

Maybe best to post?

I did the same as you............shopped there for years and even worked there when the kids were small, so i had first hand experience of how ' it should be running'. I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager of the store, got no reply after 3 weeks, so I sent a copy to the MD and hey presto, got a reply from the 'said' manger within days..............

Not thats it's made alot of difference........still hardly any tills open, and always out of stock on same things every week, and general untidiness of the store..............Still the kids who work there don't walk through the shop with their bikes anymore ;)

cookie_365
18-03-2005, 19:54
Have you seen the Sainsbury's store that's actually attached to their head office on Holborn? It's just as tatty as the rest. :erm:

Maggy
18-03-2005, 20:53
Give me Waitrose anyday.They are part of the John Lewis partnership and their service is terrific.I prefer them to Sainsbury anyday.

I also have got fed up with Safeways now that Morrisons have ruined them.Yes they are cheaper but the food is now crap.I haven't got a Tesco's that doesn't require a 20 minute car trip anywhere near me and I HATE ASDA because their food is cr@p too and it's placed on one of the crappiest roads traffic wise.

Leaves the Coop which has just taken over the local Alldays franchise and when ever I go to the Alldays the food has run out....

I HATE shopping.... :mad:

Why didn't I appreciate the local corner shop more? :(

allieyoung666
18-03-2005, 21:29
My mum has a Sainsbury's and it is a bag of ****e. When the kids wanted a red nose we went to that one, the bitch behind the customer service desk was rude. Then we saw at least 20 behind there, so we asked if we could have 2 she turned and looked at the boys and said I do not thinks so, so I turned round and said cheers bitch and walked out! But we have had a number of problems since they bought it off safeway, like selling bad food and bad attitude. Give me Tesco's anyday!!!

gary_580
18-03-2005, 21:42
Give me Tesco's anyday!!!

ohhhhh Tescos the company the starts a ready meal with good quality ingredients. Then when sales are up they switch to cheap crap ingredients to make a killing. When sales drop they take the product off the market again.

:mad:

dont get me started on supermarkets!!

allieyoung666
18-03-2005, 21:46
Why dont you grow your own, we do and they taste much nicer to!!!! I must admit if organic and farm shops were a bit cheaper we would but from there. I do not like supermarkets, we only use them because we are so busy at work and it is easier for me to go to Tesco's when I finish work. But lately I am sure they are employing muppets to just upset and annoy people. I know we liked once certain dish and then they stopped it why???

gary_580
18-03-2005, 22:13
Why dont you grow your own, we do and they taste much nicer to!!!! I must admit if organic and farm shops were a bit cheaper we would but from there. I do not like supermarkets, we only use them because we are so busy at work and it is easier for me to go to Tesco's when I finish work. But lately I am sure they are employing muppets to just upset and annoy people. I know we liked once certain dish and then they stopped it why???

they stopped it because they have made their profit and are moving on to something different

were not allowed to keep chickens in the garden where i live! Sorry i forgot to mention that this practice is used for chicken particularly

jellybaby
18-03-2005, 22:14
I used to shop at the same store as Skunk4u, and i have always thought it to be cr@p to be honest

homealone
18-03-2005, 22:33
they stopped it because they have made their profit and are moving on to something different<snip> Sorry i forgot to mention that this practice is used for chicken particularly

thanks, it makes more sense, now - I don't think they can do that with fish, yet, but supermarkets are expecting suppliers to pay too much to trade with them, anyway :(

ic2
18-03-2005, 23:02
Hi,

Peter Davis left last year. Justin King (ex M&S) is the chief exec of the company running the supermarket division, write to him.

Ian

Seti
19-03-2005, 08:55
Ach move to Barry. We dont' have a Sainsbury's and if we did I wouldn't shop there. We have a Tesco, staffed by most of my neighbours, a Morrisons which I think is fab cos its cheaper and I find the food ok, they have a MEGA fish bar, a Waitrose which is dead expensive and stood on an old council site so they don't get much trade and we have a Lidls, where cheapness reigns. Oh and we are getting A Netto cos we just got rid of Somerfields wher eI HATED shopping cos there was never any assistance and CS was like non-existant.

We will soon have an Aldi's in town and we got Woolies and Argos. So get ya skates on just move here the sun is always brighter in Barry when the fog lifts :-P

Sian

greencreeper
19-03-2005, 10:55
I tend to always shop at Tesco, and as I've mentioned before, they have self-serve checkouts. More often than not I can be through the checkout in minutes - dead easy. Plus you can save a bit by scanning loose goods as something else that has a cheaper price per kilo/pound, accidentally ;)

cookie_365
19-03-2005, 12:48
I tend to always shop at Tesco, and as I've mentioned before, they have self-serve checkouts. More often than not I can be through the checkout in minutes - dead easy. Plus you can save a bit by scanning loose goods as something else that has a cheaper price per kilo/pound, accidentally ;)

Self serve checkouts? Even more technology for me to break :dunce: !!

You wouldn't want to let me near one of them ........ :erm:

Halcyon
19-03-2005, 13:26
Yep, I shop at tesco too. We have a big Tesco superstore and it has everything. It also avoids me having to go into town when I want a DVD, although I do still buy the newspaper and TV guide in the local village shop to help keep them in business.

Tesco is very good. The only thing I dont like is how they have now put up huge plasma screens every 2 metres in the aisles so you get publicity thrown in your face in every direction.

greencreeper
19-03-2005, 13:41
Self serve checkouts? Even more technology for me to break :dunce: !!

You wouldn't want to let me near one of them ........ :erm:
:D

Very easy to use - just have to remember that it "knows" if there's something on the belt or in your bag. If you scan something and don't put it in the bag or on the belt, you get shouted at by the til. Likewise, if you try slipping a lump of broccolli into your bag hoping no one will know, you get shouted at - "UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA" and everyone looks at you. It's great fun - Tesco are definitely onto a winner.

ZrByte
19-03-2005, 13:49
I actually know someone that works at Sainsburys and to be honest it comes down to management and cost cutting. Instead of getting the right number of staff in to man the tills at peak time and restock shelves/ tidy up, they just move people around in the store and then after a certain amount of time those people have to either return to their departments or go home at which point they have to close the tills etc as there is no-one to replace them.
The staff get fed up with this obviously and because they get complaints and quite often abuse aimed at them on a daily basis they develop the "screw you" atitude which then creates more complaints and abuse from customers who don't always know what's going on behind the scenes ;)
I've known members of staff to get stuck on a till 20 minutes after their shift has ended just because people have walked into the store 5 mins before closing and then refused to get their shopping and make sure they are through the check-outs by the time the store is supposed to close. It's not a one way street you know, a lot of customers cause problems for members of staff and those problems end up escalating through the day/ week.
Having said that because of cost cutting and bad management there are a lot of Tescos and Sainsburys that are getting beyond a joke for low stock levels, low staffing levels and low morale levels :(

Damn straight, its not our fault.

Skunk, did you considder maybe she didnt care because she was going home and has every right not to serve you? (That is if she was closing before you joined the queue, even if it took her a moment or two to notice you)
That doesnt mean the service you recieved was appropriate but that wasnt her fault and it sounds to me you where taking the typical obnoxious customer attitude "You will serve me" "I pay your wages" type of attitude, If you had come to me I certainly wouldnt have served you, I would have likeley been a little more tactful than stating I didnt care, I would probably tell you I am going home and explained the situation, though you would be supprised how many customers expect you to still stay because the queues are high etc

FYI, A checkout operator has every right to refuse to serve someone If they have good reason. Going home, abusive or rude customers aswel as a threatening attitude are good reasons. Though all the reasons mentioned bar going home should be taken up with a manager rather than acting on ones own.

It also sounds like she was quite rude with you as you saw she was closed and queued up anyway. Doesnt mean she was right to be rude but that doesnt mean you had the right to do that either, If you had sounded her out first and asked things may have gone different.

Though If I missunderstood that and she closed after you joined the queue you did have the right to be served, though shouting at the checkout opperator doesnt change much, they then have the right not to serve you for being obnoxious, take it up with a manager.

greencreeper
19-03-2005, 13:53
What you describe Zrbyte is the typical attitude to customer service in a company where the culture is hostile and pay and conditions are poor. There's no incentive for staff to go that little bit further for customers. When it reaches clocking off time, that's it, end of day, I'm out of here. **** the customers.

ZrByte
19-03-2005, 14:04
What you describe Zrbyte is the typical attitude to customer service in a company where the culture is hostile and pay and conditions are poor. There's no incentive for staff to go that little bit further for customers. When it reaches clocking off time, that's it, end of day, I'm out of here. **** the customers.

Yeah pretty much. The biggest problem that people also dont seem to understand about supermarkets is that we dont work opening hours (9-5 etc) people start every 15mins and also leave every 15 mins. So just because the store is open that doesnt mean we are not allowed off our tills.
Another problem is that often we have allready gone that little bit further and we are allready late leaving (My personal record is 45mins voulantary overtime).
I have always noticed aswel you can often spot a customer who has worked in a store themselves, they are far more tollerant and relaxed with us. Not that they are the only considderate customers, there are plenty.

Heres an example of a time I had allready gone that bit further....
My shift had finished 15mins before and I was on a basket only checkout (They arnt actually basket only but thats another gripe for another time). I had finally served the group of customers I had (With great difficulty I might add) and I was closing up, 3 more cusomters who could clearly see I was closed still came to me and huffed and puffed when I wouldnt serve them (Or rather couldnt since I allready had my slamlock on). The final customer who came upto me and asked if I could serve him, I said I couldnt as I was going home, I was allready late and my till was locked. He replied that he only had these few Items (around 8) and I pointed out that everyone coming to the baskets only have around 8 Items to wich he replied with F*CK OFF THEN YOU DIRTY LITTLE T*AT. Nice :dozey: . I could have had him banned from the store for speaking to me like that (I wonder if he knew that).

greencreeper
19-03-2005, 15:12
I have always noticed aswell you can often spot a customer who has worked in a store themselves, they are far more tollerant and relaxed with us. Not that they are the only considerate customers, there are plenty.

Yeah - peons in general have a sort of brotherhood. We know what it's like to be underpaid and undervalued. My company's lastest bright idea is a £450 a month bonus for those who achieve their targets. They think this will improve staff retention :erm: :rolleyes:

to which he replied with F*CK OFF THEN YOU DIRTY LITTLE T*AT. Nice :dozey: . I could have had him banned from the store for speaking to me like that (I wonder if he knew that).
He would have been banned if that had been me. I don't give 2nd chances - swear at me and I'll warn you and hit the "headset" button. Bye bye. Just because you do a **** job doesn't mean you forfeit your rights as human.

cookie_365
19-03-2005, 16:32
Sainsburys Stores: An Apology

In common with other posters to this thread, I have made statements that readers may, on casual viewing, have taken to imply dissatisfaction with the J Sainsbury shopping experience.

Statements such as:

All their shops are tatty,
Don't waste your money, go to Waitrose, or
Please can they be wiped out by a series of curiously accurate meteorites
may have given CF members the incorrect impression that I was not 100% satisfied with the company.

I would like to correct these misunderstandings. Having today found a packet of yummy Kalloo chocolate rice cakes (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=25170&page=1&pp=15&highlight=kallo) for £1.08 in their Haywards Heath branch I am happy to confirm that J Sainsbury is a retail organisation of exceptional quality and value, unequalled by lesser rivals.

I apologise for any confusion my earlier posts may have caused.

allieyoung666
19-03-2005, 18:37
I am sorry,but I have to disagree, we popped in today and some of them have really bad attitudes, if I went to work with an attitude like that I would have been suspended and fired by now. All I asked for was a bloody mango and think I asked for the bloody earth, what is that shops problem?? So I walked out and went to Tesco's, not a problem in and out in 5minutes, no hastles and a nice friendly smile!!!! Now thats what I call good service!!

ZrByte
19-03-2005, 19:43
I am sorry,but I have to disagree, we popped in today and some of them have really bad attitudes, if I went to work with an attitude like that I would have been suspended and fired by now. All I asked for was a bloody mango and think I asked for the bloody earth, what is that shops problem?? So I walked out and went to Tesco's, not a problem in and out in 5minutes, no hastles and a nice friendly smile!!!! Now thats what I call good service!!

Now thats different to what we where talkin about before, what happened exactly?

I work at ASDA and ive always been told that we are the friendliest but we have so many stock problems its unbelievable so that effects our business I think.

greencreeper
19-03-2005, 19:46
I'm more worried about the mango. Not entirely certain what one looks like, but the juice is awful, that much I know. What's wrong with a chocolate milkshake?

allieyoung666
19-03-2005, 19:56
I am on a diet, so no choccy 4 me greenkeeper and the mango is miles nicer!!!!
Okay here goes the story, I fancied a mango so we went to Sainsburys near me mum. I went to the usual isle, but there wasnt any, so I went to this student to ask him if he would go out the back and get me one, he huffed and he puffed and then said there isnt any, and he walked off, by this time Paul said lets go and he was off . But it isnt the first time we have had problems with this store and I am never going back there again!

mrlipring
19-03-2005, 20:07
I am on a diet, so no choccy 4 me greenkeeper and the mango is miles nicer!!!!
Okay here goes the story, I fancied a mango so we went to Sainsburys near me mum. I went to the usual isle, but there wasnt any, so I went to this student to ask him if he would go out the back and get me one, he huffed and he puffed and then said there isnt any, and he walked off, by this time Paul said lets go and he was off . But it isnt the first time we have had problems with this store and I am never going back there again!

don't people realise a skive when they see it? ANYTHING to avoid stacking shelves etc, should be embraced! If i worked in a supermarket, i'd do anything to skive. I'd find a mango tree and cut you down a mango myself if it meant getting off the shop floor.

allieyoung666
19-03-2005, 20:17
AHHH thank you, I know that supermarket has gone downhill since they took over, you are so sweet!!!

ZrByte
19-03-2005, 20:52
don't people realise a skive when they see it? ANYTHING to avoid stacking shelves etc, should be embraced! If i worked in a supermarket, i'd do anything to skive. I'd find a mango tree and cut you down a mango myself if it meant getting off the shop floor.

lol, I know that feeling, pitty when you work checkouts like I do no excuse bar toilet, break time or home time are good enough to get us off tills :(

allieyoung666
19-03-2005, 21:00
Ohh you poor people, at least I can wander onto other wards when I am bored!!!! I would notl ike to work in a supermarket, my mum works in one and she cannot wait to retire!!!!!!

ZrByte
19-03-2005, 21:02
Ohh you poor people, at least I can wander onto other wards when I am bored!!!! I would notl ike to work in a supermarket, my mum works in one and she cannot wait to retire!!!!!!

Yes Im looking forward to retirement myself and im only 21 :D
Though Im taking steps to be out of the place by september at the latest.

allieyoung666
19-03-2005, 21:05
My mum is57, why not come and work for the good old NHS!!!!! Do you work in a supermarket??? I just feel like you are the most put upon people in this country and what thanks do you get?? None!!!

carlingman
20-03-2005, 03:59

:D nice to see the NHS hasnt changed and there was me thinking nurses were busy and no time on their hands to walk onto other wards for a nosey.

:D

etccarmageddon
20-03-2005, 09:36
Yeah - peons in general have a sort of brotherhood. We know what it's like to be underpaid and undervalued. My company's lastest bright idea is a £450 a month bonus for those who achieve their targets. They think this will improve staff retention :erm: :rolleyes:

why are you rolling your eyes at a £450 monthly bonus? sounds like a good deal to me? extra dosh for achieving your targets - most bosses would say it's your job to achieve a target anyway.

allieyoung666
20-03-2005, 11:36
:D nice to see the NHS hasnt changed and there was me thinking nurses were busy and no time on their hands to walk onto other wards for a nosey.

:DI was only joking!!!!!! I wish, I have never stop, I could not work in a supermarket as it looks like watching paint dry very very slowly and painfully:cool: :cool: :cool:

Stuart
20-03-2005, 15:00

A few weeks back, I went into Sainsburys, asked where I could find Quorn (mushroom based artificial meat) mince. The member of staff walked me to the Frozen meals section and walked off. I asked another member of staff and she took me to the Frozen vegetables section (where the Quorn mince actually is) and surprise surprise, they didn't have any..

Paul K
20-03-2005, 15:19
A few weeks back, I went into Sainsburys, asked where I could find Quorn (mushroom based artificial meat) mince. The member of staff walked me to the Frozen meals section and walked off. I asked another member of staff and she took me to the Frozen vegetables section (where the Quorn mince actually is) and surprise surprise, they didn't have any..
Quorn? Are you coming out of the closet Mr Castle?? ;) I could have told you where it was, only had to ask :D

Stuart
20-03-2005, 15:21
Quorn? Are you coming out of the closet Mr Castle?? ;) I could have told you where it was, only had to ask :D

Not really coming out of the closet. I like meat, I just like vegetarian subsitutes for it as well..

Paul K
20-03-2005, 15:25

Not really coming out of the closet. I like meat, I just like vegetarian subsitutes for it as well..
A change is as good as a rest as they say ;)

allieyoung666
20-03-2005, 15:53
I am a veggie and everytime I go into Sainsburys, I can never find quorn. When I asked for it ages ago, the girl looked at me as if I was speaking martian and then said whats that, is it a brand of cleaner!!!!!

Paul K
20-03-2005, 16:02
I am a veggie and everytime I go into Sainsburys, I can never find quorn. When I asked for it ages ago, the girl looked at me as if I was speaking martian and then said whats that, is it a brand of cleaner!!!!!
They do tend to move it around, you normally find it crammed into a freezer near the meat section or sometimes in the pre-cooked meats section :erm: Thankfully we shop in Tesco and can normally find what we want but we do occassionally go to Asda which has a very good range :)

allieyoung666
20-03-2005, 16:08
I do not like our asda as it is old and dirty, there floors are a disgrace and ours hardly have anything in, I have ended going to marks and spencer as their veggie range is spot on. I have ended getting the groceries online from Tesco as I have never had a problem yet, and I find shopping to stressful as I hate it, but as for Sainsburys they get a big fat zero as they just do not care about the customer and their moto should be 'the employee is always right'!!!!!

Millay
20-03-2005, 16:18
Simple answer is surly not to shop in supermarkets, I may be lucky as the town/village i live in as everything you need, for eating drinking etc.. and all run by local people. You get much nivcer produce, and the freshness is second to non.. I cannot remeber the last itme I went shopping at a supermarket.. the idea actually scares me.. I do have it easier than most though as im only buying for 1!

Stuart
20-03-2005, 16:21
Simple answer is surly not to shop in supermarkets, I may be lucky as the town/village i live in as everything you need, for eating drinking etc.. and all run by local people. You get much nivcer produce, and the freshness is second to non.. I cannot remeber the last itme I went shopping at a supermarket.. the idea actually scares me.. I do have it easier than most though as im only buying for 1!

The problem is that, thanks to the success of Supermarkets, that is not an option for a lot of people..

greencreeper
20-03-2005, 16:42
Quorn is a fungus rather than a mushroom. Tastes strange to me but I guess it's fashionable.

Stuart
20-03-2005, 16:44
Quorn is a fungus rather than a mushroom. Tastes strange to me but I guess it's fashionable.

I do realise that.. I have seen video of the sheets of the stuff, shortly after its grown. I tend to eat it because I like it. Not really a follower of fashion.

Paul K
20-03-2005, 17:18
Some of us eat it as we are vegetarian and it allows us to produce meals that are quite tasty ;)

ZrByte
20-03-2005, 17:32
Just because Veggies cant eat meat that doesnt mean us carnivoures cant eat Veggie stuff, Im rather partial to quorn sausages and quorn chicken myself.

Paul K
20-03-2005, 17:35
Just because Veggies cant eat meat that doesnt mean us carnivoures cant eat Veggie stuff, Im rather partial to quorn sausages and quorn chicken myself.
Nice to see another thread go off topic ;) Wonder when it will be split off into a veggie thread? :p:
Quorn chicken? Aaah you mean the quorn fillets etc? I quite like using the quorn fillets or pieces in a cooking sauce (chicken supreme etc) and the quorn mince is nice in a shepherds pie ;) The good thing about the sausages etc are the lack of copious amounts of fat etc in them :)

allieyoung666
20-03-2005, 20:52
I wish I had the choice, I once went to Alston in Cumbria, they had everything, then you come back to modern cities and towns and what a major let down, I feel sorry for modern society and the way it depends on supermarkets, give me home grown anyday!!!!

STONEISLAND
21-03-2005, 09:11
Skunk, did you considder maybe she didnt care because she was going home and has every right not to serve you? (That is if she was closing before you joined the queue, even if it took her a moment or two to notice you)

Your best bet is to read the letter again. She never had a sign on the belt to say she was closing and said it as I joined the queue. There was no ware else I could go!!!!

That doesnt mean the service you recieved was appropriate but that wasnt her fault and it sounds to me you where taking the typical obnoxious customer attitude "You will serve me" "I pay your wages" type of attitude,

I was not 'obnoxious' I was I have a full trolley and want to get done, so I can go home and have my tea after I also had a hard day at work. As we all do!!!!

If you had come to me I certainly wouldnt have served you, I would have likeley been a little more tactful than stating I didnt care, I would probably tell you I am going home and explained the situation, though you would be supprised how many customers expect you to still stay because the queues are high etc

Thank God your not a store Manager than. I think your missing the point. As the letter states,

I said, "where do you want me to go" and pointed to my options 1 check out that said cash only (I had a card) the other said about to close and the other basket only. She replied I "donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t care." I was getting angry at this point take it Sainsburys does not want my business and was tempted to leave my full trolley and go home. I queued behind the lady that had the sign about to close who was also serving her last customer.

FYI, A checkout operator has every right to refuse to serve someone If they have good reason. Going home, abusive or rude customers swell as a threatening attitude are good reasons. Though all the reasons mentioned bar going home should be taken up with a manager rather than acting on ones own.

[QUOTE=ZrByte]It also sounds like she was quite rude with you as you saw she was closed and queued up anyway. Doesnt mean she was right to be rude but that doesnt mean you had the right to do that either, If you had sounded her out first and asked things may have gone different.,

I want to make it clear I was not RUDE!!!

Though If I missunderstood that and she closed after you joined the queue you did have the right to be served, though shouting at the checkout operator doesnt change much, they then have the right not to serve you for being obnoxious, take it up with a manager.

You have the wrong end of the sick mate.

All I wanted to do was pay for my goods and go home for tea.

As far as the email I sent still no reply the letters have gone today 1st class. Lets wait and see.

Stuart
21-03-2005, 11:19
I had a good experience in Sainsburys on saturday. I had gone in to get some milk, some bread (for home) and some lager (to watch the rugger - Well played the Welsh team). I was in a bit of a hurry, as I had a train to catch. So I found a queue with only one person in front, and that one person only had a basket of stuff. I joined the queue. The Cashier was so slow that it took five minutes (I was in a hurry, I timed it) to serve this woman, then she kept me waiting another five minutes because she didn't have two of those divider things and had to go found some (the "next customer here" dividers). There was no one behind me, I have no idea why she couldn't have waited.

ZrByte
21-03-2005, 11:33
Your best bet is to read the letter again. She never had a sign on the belt to say she was closing and said it as I joined the queue. There was no ware else I could go!!!!

I have re-read the letter and you said that you stood in the queue with the closing sign on the belt, is that a typo?
And there where other places you could go, there was one taking cash only and one basket checkout, under normal circumstances you would not be allowed to use these but this was hardly a normal situation. Also if she said as you joined the queue regardless of wether or not you had nowhere else to go you did not have the right to demand she stayed into her own time, unless she was on the last open till in the store and even then this should have been taken up by you with a manager. If a manager cannot be found goto CSD who will have all the internal phone numbers to contact an appropriate manager (or will know thier names for stores without an internal phone system, so they can call them over the tannoy)

I was not 'obnoxious' I was I have a full trolley and want to get done, so I can go home and have my tea after I also had a hard day at work. As we all do!!!!

By effectiveley demanding that she serve you in her own time by refusing to move from the queue you where in you where. There are other ways of handling this and you went the obnoxious route.

Thank God your not a store Manager than. I think your missing the point. As the letter states,

I dont see the point ive missed but then I wouldnt would I, care to explain it to me?

I want to make it clear I was not RUDE!!!

Sounds like you where to me, whats your deffinition of rude?

All I wanted to do was pay for my goods and go home for tea.

So that gives you the right to make someone stay beyond thier shift times and demand that they serve you? sounds rude to me.

Salu
21-03-2005, 11:44
I think part of the problem behind a lot of the lack of customer service stories is that we largely have a culture that is self focused. Also, and maybe this is a training issue...a lot of cashiers at tills seem to think that their job is to scan food products and to handle the payment transaction. I would say that this is a part of their job but their main job is to be the face of Tescos, Sainsburys etc and to assist the customer in what ever way they can. The culture is to pay this important person a pretty naff wage and perhaps too little attention is payed to the person spec for the job. Polite, personable, good communicator etc etc. Of course it is also a hard and maybe boring job so that calibre of person may not apply...

Looking across to the States there seems to be a "treat the customer like I would like to be treated" attitude and the customer experience is much better. The other thing that springs to mind is that we tend not to complain about customer service to the right people but we mutter to ourselves or moan on internet forums!

When was the last time you answered truthfully when a waiter asked you if your meal was OK a few minutes after it has been delivered? Most of the time we are hungry and can't be bothered with the hassle of complaining, attracting attention and having to wait another 15 mins while they recook another helping.

Another thing I have noticed is that when you do complain and blame is accepted by the company, (for eg when you have ordered your steak rare and it comes well done) they will often say s"orry for that sir/madam" and leave it there. In the US they would give you your meal for free if a mistake was made. Company's need to think long term and repeat business if they want to stay in business....

STONEISLAND
21-03-2005, 12:13
I have re-read the letter and you said that you stood in the queue with the closing sign on the belt, is that a typo?
And there where other places you could go, there was one taking cash only and one basket checkout, under normal circumstances you would not be allowed to use these but this was hardly a normal situation. Also if she said as you joined the queue regardless of wether or not you had nowhere else to go you did not have the right to demand she stayed into her own time, unless she was on the last open till in the store and even then this should have been taken up by you with a manager. If a manager cannot be found goto CSD who will have all the internal phone numbers to contact an appropriate manager (or will know thier names for stores without an internal phone system, so they can call them over the tannoy).

No I did not stand by the queue with closing sign. That till was 2 tills down!!! The one I queue at was one where there was no close sign and the girl said I'm about to close, NO SIGN!!!!!

There was no where eles I could go as I said there was one with cash only, one with basket only, and one with a sign that said close but was in the middle of serving somone. And the one with the Rude girl that was serving somone and with no sign on her belt and told me she was closing!!!!

I did not demmand anything but ask a simple question as to where I should go to pay for my goods.

In my line of work if I was in a middle on a sales call and it was 5pm do you think i would say "sorry mate 5pm I have to hang up now"
If I did I woulkd be sacked.

By effectiveley demanding that she serve you in her own time by refusing to move from the queue you where in you where. There are other ways of handling this and you went the obnoxious route.

I dont see the point ive missed but then I wouldnt would I, care to explain it to me?.

No.

Sounds like you where to me, whats your deffinition of rude?

So that gives you the right to make someone stay beyond thier shift times and demand that they serve you? sounds rude to me.

You seem to forget the first rule in any sales

CUSTOMER IS ALWAY RIGHT.

Stick with it and you will not be taken for a suker.

ZrByte
21-03-2005, 12:24
No I did not stand by the queue with closing sign. That till was 2 tills down!!! The one I queue at was one where there was no close sign and the girl said I'm about to close, NO SIGN!!!!!

There was no where eles I could go as I said there was one with cash only, one with basket only, and one with a sign that said close but was in the middle of serving somone. And the one with the Rude girl that was serving somone and with no sign on her belt and told me she was closing!!!!

There was somewhere else you could go though, goto the cash only checkout, tell them the other one is closing, if they say they cant serve you goto the basket checkout, if not customer services ( they will see to it that either one of the existing ones serve you or a new one is opened, if not then they are gonna be in trouble).
It is not compulsary or even always possible to put a sign on the end of the till so I dont see anything wrong with what she did, you said youself she said it as you joined the queue so its not like you had been waiting long.
And ive reread your first post again and you deffinatley said you stood at the one with the closing sign, though I take it at this point that was a typo.

I did not demmand anything but ask a simple question as to where I should go to pay for my goods.

Thats not what you said in your first post, you said you refused to move as you had nowhere else to pay for your Goods, I didnt see you say once that you had asked her if there was anywhere else to go.

In my line of work if I was in a middle on a sales call and it was 5pm do you think i would say "sorry mate 5pm I have to hang up now"
If I did I woulkd be sacked.

Exactly, if she was halfway through serving you and stopped and said she had to go home she would be in trouble herself. But you said yourself she told you as soon as you joined thew queue not halfway through your shopping.

You seem to forget the first rule in any sales

CUSTOMER IS ALWAY RIGHT.

Stick with it and you will not be taken for a suker.

Thats in the states 'sucker' I have yet to see a store in the uk adopt that motto.
ASDA's is "We may not be the biggest but we'll always be the best". (crap but anyway :) ).

I think sainsburys is "Every little bit helps" or is that tesco?

danielf
21-03-2005, 12:29
You have the wrong end of the sick mate.

That's disgusting :( :D I'm not sure if I would want the right end of the sick though ;)

STONEISLAND
21-03-2005, 12:37
There was somewhere else you could go though, goto the cash only checkout, tell them the other one is closing, if they say they cant serve you goto the basket checkout, if not customer services ( they will see to it that either one of the existing ones serve you or a new one is opened, if not then they are gonna be in trouble).
It is not compulsary or even always possible to put a sign on the end of the till so I dont see anything wrong with what she did, you said youself she said it as you joined the queue so its not like you had been waiting long.
And ive reread your first post again and you deffinatley said you stood at the one with the closing sign, though I take it at this point that was a typo.

Thats not what you said in your first post, you said you refused to move as you had nowhere else to pay for your Goods, I didnt see you say once that you had asked her if there was anywhere else to go.

Exactly, if she was halfway through serving you and stopped and said she had to go home she would be in trouble herself. But you said yourself she told you as soon as you joined thew queue not halfway through your shopping.

Thats in the states 'sucker' I have yet to see a store in the uk adopt that motto.
ASDA's is "We may not be the biggest but we'll always be the best". (crap but anyway :) ).

I think sainsburys is "Every little bit helps" or is that tesco?

*sighs* :rolleyes:

Monster Jedi
21-03-2005, 12:43
I was a kind of naughty boy once at Morrison's once. I had done my shopping. I was at the checkout started to put the my iteims on the converbelt. When this idiot goes past me and empties his basket in front of me. He then looked at me and told me to "F***OFF". His wife came up and appologised and said. "I'm very sorry he's not like this normally." The kids even started to lear at me.

I couldn't just do nothing. So I walked out the store into the car park. I waited for him to start putting the shopping into the car. I beat the crap out of him. Well I Did'nt His car beat him. He hit the car a few times. I left his wife and his kids crying. He got what he deserved. He won't be acting big and hard infront of his wife and kids for a very long time. Chavs think their kool and hard. he wasn't. He would have been better off with his family at the big m.:D

Stuart
21-03-2005, 12:51
I think part of the problem behind a lot of the lack of customer service stories is that we largely have a culture that is self focused. Also, and maybe this is a training issue...a lot of cashiers at tills seem to think that their job is to scan food products and to handle the payment transaction. I would say that this is a part of their job but their main job is to be the face of Tescos, Sainsburys etc and to assist the customer in what ever way they can. The culture is to pay this important person a pretty naff wage and perhaps too little attention is payed to the person spec for the job. Polite, personable, good communicator etc etc. Of course it is also a hard and maybe boring job so that calibre of person may not apply...

There is another way to look at it. We, as customers, can be quite rude. My parents had a newsagents shop when I was younger, which I helped out in during school holidays. I have also worked in Sainsburys (terrible company to work for), and Blockbuster video. In Sainsburys, I stacked shelves, so really didn't have much to do with customers. In Blockbuster, I (mainly) served customers. In general, the customers I have dealt with have been fine, but the ones that are not can put you in a really bad mood. I have found that I personally can just ignore the bad mood, but not everyone can.

Note: I am not defending the actions of anyone who does take out their bad mood on customers, just pointing out why they may seem rude. Also, I was bought up to ALWAYS be polite to customers, no matter what mood I am in.

Looking across to the States there seems to be a "treat the customer like I would like to be treated" attitude and the customer experience is much better. The other thing that springs to mind is that we tend not to complain about customer service to the right people but we mutter to ourselves or moan on internet forums!

True. We had an abusive student in on Friday, who complained when a lecturer threw him out of a lab. His complaint was that we didn't have enough PCs. Fair complaint. The problem is, when we (the lab management) have complained in the past about this, it's been disregarded. My boss simply pointed out that if he made an official complaint, through the proper channels, it will not be disregarded.

Also, look at NTL. Yes, they have bad customer service, but many people just moan they have an unreliable TV/Broadband/Phone service here, and don't actually tell NTL! As I have often said, if NTL know there is a problem, they will probably fix it. If they don't know (and unless we tell them, they may not know, regardless of any automated testing they carry out), they won't fix it.

When was the last time you answered truthfully when a waiter asked you if your meal was OK a few minutes after it has been delivered? Most of the time we are hungry and can't be bothered with the hassle of complaining, attracting attention and having to wait another 15 mins while they recook another helping.

Actually, one time I can think of that I did complain was when I was out with my then girlfriend, and we found a nice diner/restaurant after going to see a film. She ordered steak (well done). When we got it, it was raw. I sent it back.

15 minutes later, we got the same steak back (still raw). I sent it back.

30 minutes later, we got the same steak back. It was burned to the point that it was like a lump of coal (and about as edible). I refused to pay for the meal. Had the manager offered a free meal, or some sort of compensation, then I might possibly have gone back there (my food was lovely, but it was a small meal when shared amongst two), but as it happens, all he did was say "Sorry". I never went back.

Another thing I have noticed is that when you do complain and blame is accepted by the company, (for eg when you have ordered your steak rare and it comes well done) they will often say s"orry for that sir/madam" and leave it there. In the US they would give you your meal for free if a mistake was made. Company's need to think long term and repeat business if they want to stay in business....

True, and there are companies that do offer a free meal (or some form of compensation) if you do have a complaint. Harvester for instance. They did a similar thing to the restaurant mentioned above, but offered a free meal for four in compensation. In that case, it was a friend of mine who made a complaint (he had gone out with his Girlfriend and her parents for a birthday meal).

In summary, I don't think we necessarily need to learn to complain. We DO need to learn to complain to the right people (for instance, if you get a faulty toaster in Currys, it's pointless yelling at the guy on the till, he probably can't do much to help). Companies that have complaints do need to learn to act on those complaints, and offer compensation where warranted.

STONEISLAND
24-03-2005, 08:43
I want to share with you my experience with my shopping trip last night to Sainsbury that was so bad I had to write a letter of complaint.

This is what I emailed

I will let you know if they reply.

Ok had a letter back from Sainsbury from the store manager cutting a letter short said,

I'm sorry for your experience at are Sainsbury store in Wigston and thanks for taking time to write to me. I am most concerned to hear about the problems you experienced at our store.

I have been unable to contact you by phone, as you are not in the directory. I would like to speak to you to rectify the matter to your satisfaction. If you do have the receipt it would be helpful in identifying the colleagues concerned.

I look forward to receiving your call.

yours sincerely

Store Manager

What shall I ask for to satisfy me? :confused:
Why was it printed on shoddy paper and not even headed. (will the name Sainsbury was printed in black ink. :mad:
Do I really want to ring this bloke? :shocked:
No letter from HO :Yikes:
Do you think I'm over reacting? :disturbd:
Why would I still have the receipt? :rolleyes:
TIA

Maggy
24-03-2005, 09:04
Ok had a letter back from Sainsbury from the store manager cutting a letter short said,

I'm sorry for your experience at are Sainsbury store in Wigston and thanks for taking time to write to me. I am most concerned to hear about the problems you experienced at our store.

I have been unable to contact you by phone, as you are not in the directory. I would like to speak to you to rectify the matter to your satisfaction. If you do have the receipt it would be helpful in identifying the colleagues concerned.

I look forward to receiving your call.

yours sincerely

Store Manager

What shall I ask for to satisfy me? :confused:
Why was it printed on shoddy paper and not even headed. (will the name Sainsbury was printed in black ink. :mad:
Do I really want to ring this bloke? :shocked:
No letter from HO :Yikes:
Do you think I'm over reacting? :disturbd:
Why would I still have the receipt? :rolleyes:
TIA

They are just calling your bluff.Tell me did you really expect a reply or not?Now you have had one you need to respond.What were you expecting him to say anyway? :erm:

STONEISLAND
24-03-2005, 09:07
Good question. Some coupons, may be a groverling letter? To say they are working hard to improve. A letter from HO.

I'm a royal you know.

You think I'm best just to forget? Not sure about ring him.....

Chimaera
24-03-2005, 09:12
Of course you should ring him - or at least write to him again giving him your number! Too many people write letters of complaint in the heat of the moment, only to have calmed down by the time they get a letter in return. Then of course the complaint is forgotten.....
Don't worry about not having the receipt, it was only so they could identify the employee concerned, if they have already had complaints then I'm sure they will soon know who it is. Keep going with this, it's the only way that Sainsbury's will know there is a problem, and if you don't, then you can't really blame the store for such bad service!
Good luck!

Maggy
24-03-2005, 09:12
Good question. Some coupons, may be a groverling letter? To say they are working hard to improve. A letter from HO.

I'm a royal you know.

You think I'm best just to forget? Not sure about ring him.....

Only you can decide that..after all will you be going back to that particular store in future?If you want the place to improve then you do perhaps need to speak up.

Strangely Sainsbury (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4378035.stm) are in the news today.
Apparently they are supposed to have cuts prices and employed MORE people at their stores... :erm:

STONEISLAND
24-03-2005, 10:51
I have left a message for him to call me at work........:erm:
I'm scared :disturbd:

dilli-theclaw
24-03-2005, 10:52
I have left a message for him to call me at work........:erm:
I'm scared :disturbd:

As others have said - you must follow through with it. Otherwise things will not improve.

Be strong. :)

STONEISLAND
24-03-2005, 11:12
Spoke to the Manager rang me back quiet quickly nice guy, :) very apologetic saw my side to the problem and said he would have a word with his colleague he had an idea of who it was. Told me to contact him next time I'm in the store for some compensation and to say sorry to my face. :D

Result. :)

I will post and tell you all what I got and how it went. :tu:

Thanks for everyones help on this. :tu: :)

etccarmageddon
24-03-2005, 11:26
I suggest you pop in and chat to him - he'll say is there something you'd like to make you feel better - I'd suggest you come up with a DVD you want.

allieyoung666
24-03-2005, 11:29
I am sick of supermarkets, I hate going in them I send Paul, as I cannot stand them at all, you fight for aparking space, you fight to get your shopping, you fight to get to a till and then what are you greeted with when you get there, a snot nosed person, who hates the job and is having a bad day so they decide to make your day even worse, they are rude, they chuck your stuff down the conveyer belt, mash your cream cakes and bread. And you do not even get an applogy at the end of this!!!!!! Supermarkets make me cold!!!!! But I am glad you get sorted out!!!!