PDA

View Full Version : Just got KOTOR

HappyHiker
10-09-2003, 19:24
Just a smug message to say I bought KOTOR from a shop in Nottingham this afternoon. Apparently all 20 copies sold in half an hour.

Game in Nottingham will be selling it tommorrow.

I've only played it for about 10 minutes, then felt the need to post this message just to be a smug git :D

So far its a bit confusing but looks like it has the potential to be awesome. I've even manged to shoot someone already.

Caspar
10-09-2003, 19:27
:LOL: grrrr! :mad:

Thanks for letting us now though :)

fluds
10-09-2003, 19:30
I have played for about 1.5 hours now and am loving it, so much to and go. Combat is good though still need a bit of time to get used to controls, just died trying to earn some money in an arena run by a jabba thing.
Have to stop now to let wife watch tv, time to read manual.

Caspar
10-09-2003, 19:35
manual? :shrug: :p

ic14
10-09-2003, 19:38
So i guess fluds wont br on live much! :p

Jarandco
10-09-2003, 19:45
:cry::cry: I want this game!!!

Damn gotta wait till friday but then ill have theweekend to play it!!

So you guys all like it?

Tezcatlipoca
10-09-2003, 19:48
I was talking to BoX's Number45 about KOTOR on Monday night. He got it on import, & absolutely loves it. Says it's amazing. :)

NEONKNIGHT
10-09-2003, 19:54
Can't wait for this game to turn up in the post on Friday (also take delivery of the new sound system on that day aswell).

Play I will. :D

Jarandco
10-09-2003, 20:10
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
Can't wait for this game to turn up in the post on Friday (also take delivery of the new sound system on that day aswell).

Play I will. :D Go neon getting it on its official release!!!

I seriously cant wait for this game!!! No lvie for me from friday unless u ask me very nciely not sure if i wish to swap my lightsaber for a gun thou!:p

NEONKNIGHT
11-09-2003, 00:30
Read some more reviews about KOTOR - initially its slow to start, takes a few hours but once into it there's no going back. Its supposed to be one of the best RPG on any console (PSO No.1:D ) and with downloadable content should be well worth it. Quite a few mag's have said that this game is as significant as Halo was when released on the xbox!

Roll on Friday!;)

Boom
11-09-2003, 08:51
He does like to remind of us of his imports, doesn't he? :D

Originally posted by morris
i'm surprised Defiant has been on yet and told us how he got it on inport months ago :)

Boom
11-09-2003, 09:54
Mine just arrived. I feel a work cold coming on! :D

Doctor E
11-09-2003, 11:17
Now, now Boom. I DID have a cold the last two days and spent a ton of time with the lads on GRIT (including our own Zoombini!). By the end I was doing okay. But this morning, I felt better, so it's back to work. What's worse is I get KOTOR tomorrow on pre-order from Game, but I have 16 sq metres of garden turf arriving on Satuday that all needs laying!

Nige.

PS. If you play GRIT for two days straight, you start having GRIT dreams. It's unsettling.

Boom
11-09-2003, 11:32
Nah, I'm at work, but will be leaving early today to get some decent time in on the game. After breifly going through the opening level before leaving for work, I was impressed. Just want my light-saber, not some cr@ppy pistol and sword. Earning things is just such a pain! :D

Originally posted by Doctor E
Now, now Boom. I DID have a cold the last two days and spent a ton of time with the lads on GRIT (including our own Zoombini!). By the end I was doing okay. But this morning, I felt better, so it's back to work. What's worse is I get KOTOR tomorrow on pre-order from Game, but I have 16 sq metres of garden turf arriving on Satuday that all needs laying!

Nige.

PS. If you play GRIT for two days straight, you start having GRIT dreams. It's unsettling.

Doctor E
11-09-2003, 12:37
GAME just rang me. My KOTOR is in and they are cleared to sell them today. Yippee!

Nige.

Jarandco
11-09-2003, 16:55
Damn mine shud be sent out now then!

Reddevil63
11-09-2003, 18:45
Mine has been despatched from Game today so when I get home from work tomorrow just after 12 noon, it will be here!!!!!!!

Jarandco
11-09-2003, 18:59
Same for me!!!!!! wahoooo!

Boom
11-09-2003, 22:46
Having loads of fun using double swords and picked up a Sith chick at a canteen! :D

Jarandco
11-09-2003, 22:47
Originally posted by Boom
Having loads of fun using double swords and picked up a Sith chick at a canteen! :D
lol nice one!:D

Ill be doing that tomorrow - just hope it isnt too long before you can use the lightsaber!:(

NEONKNIGHT
11-09-2003, 23:13
Originally posted by Jarandco
lol nice one!:D

Ill be doing that tomorrow - just hope it isnt too long before you can use the lightsaber!:(

What I want to know is can you use 'double lightsabers' ?

Boom
12-09-2003, 08:32
I'm certain you can. Also I have a feeling you can use two sabers of varying lengths.

What I want to know is can you use 'double lightsabers' ?

Boom
12-09-2003, 10:41
Picked up the chick and all I got was Sith armor cause she passed out from drinking some ale. Sith just don't have much constitution! :D

HappyHiker
12-09-2003, 10:45
Been playing for a few hours now, it does start slow but really picks up. And the controls are easy once you get used to them.

Got a sith chick drunk at a party (apparently Boom did the same so she obviously get around a lot the s1ut!)

And just made friends with a 7 foot walking carpet.

Am currently trying to move a 20 foot Rancour beast away from a door, can't wait to get my lightsaber!
:)

Caspar
12-09-2003, 11:09
So I take it you'd recommend the buy then?

Boom
12-09-2003, 11:11
Recommend abuy if you like SW or if you like RPG or any of Bioware's other games.

That slu1 has been getting around. :D

fluds
12-09-2003, 11:47
Picked up the chick and all I got was Sith armor cause she passed out from drinking some ale. Sith just don't have much constitution! :D

I got the sith armour by killing some sith soldiers at the appartments. Seems to be a few ways of doing stuff.
Any one know max levels and the like?

Doctor E
12-09-2003, 12:00
Got my armour by battering some Sith to death. Need to find some for my buddy, though! Enetered the Lower City alone, tried to avoid a fight and got blastered to death.

Nige.

Jarandco
12-09-2003, 16:37
Just got in so about to go play it!!!

Tezcatlipoca
12-09-2003, 20:19
I'll be getting it tomorrow. :)

Jarandco
12-09-2003, 20:34
Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca
I'll be getting it tomorrow. :)

GO TEZ!!

its really good - there so much to do dont think its possible to get board with it!:)

NEONKNIGHT
12-09-2003, 21:18
Originally posted by fluds
I got the sith armour by killing some sith soldiers at the appartments. Seems to be a few ways of doing stuff.

Yes! Here you go, got the following from the Official Strategy Guide :-
"Because you level up only a limited number of times, its important to carefully apply the points you earn toward skills, feats and Force powers, because you have only a handful of opportunities to use them. If you're allowing the game to automatically asign your attribute points, you don't have any worries. If you're dishing out the points yourself, you very quickly need to determine which skills, feats and Force powers to concentrate on."
Level..........Experience
2 ...................... 1,000
3 ...................... 3,000
4 ...................... 6,000
5 ...................... 10,000
6 ...................... 15,000
7 ...................... 21,000
8 ...................... 28,000
9 ...................... 36,000
10..................... 45,000
11..................... 55,000
12..................... 66,000
13..................... 78,000
14..................... 91,000
15..................... 105,000
16..................... 120,000
17..................... 136,000
18..................... 153,000
19..................... 171,000
20..................... 190,000

I recommend the Official Strategy Guide, well worth it and packed full of info on the game.

ic14
12-09-2003, 21:21
Damn!! I need to get this game! Now!

Is it live aware? I hope not!

NEONKNIGHT
12-09-2003, 21:35
Originally posted by ic14
Damn!! I need to get this game! Now!

Is it live aware? I hope not!

Buy this game, You will !

Downloadable Content, there is !

The path to the darkside, begin you will !

:D

ic14
12-09-2003, 21:37
I dont care one bit about DLC,

What i meant is do you appear online when you play it?

NEONKNIGHT
12-09-2003, 21:44
I dont care one bit about DLC,

What i meant is do you appear online when you play it?

Its not a LiVE enabled game - But like I said it has DLC.:)

ic14
12-09-2003, 21:46
Its not a LiVE enabled game - But like I said it has DLC.:)
So when i play it, mark wont keep inviting me to voice chat, good!:)

Jarandco
12-09-2003, 22:37
So when i play it, mark wont keep inviting me to voice chat, good!:) Nope and i wudnt mind it being live aware could show off your new game then!:D

Reddevil63
13-09-2003, 01:19
Originally posted by fluds

I killed those sodiers at the apartments and didn't get the armour??....wonder if items are randomise?

manowar68
13-09-2003, 02:51
Originally posted by Reddevil63
I killed those sodiers at the apartments and didn't get the armour??....wonder if items are randomise?

Same here,got nothing?
But who care's the game is amazing:D

manowar68
13-09-2003, 09:48
Had another look and found the armour;)
anyone know how to kill that bloody big monster in the underground city:confused:

Jarandco
13-09-2003, 10:44
Originally posted by manowar68
anyone know how to kill that bloody big monster in the underground city:confused:

What monsyter - hmmm i am currently trying to steal a special engine!:)

Reddevil63
13-09-2003, 15:13

Bug Spray!:p

Tezcatlipoca
13-09-2003, 18:03
Got it this afternoon. :)

I can already feel my beard growing...

ic14
13-09-2003, 18:08
Got it this afternoon. :)

I can already feel my beard growing...

Why do people say this about RPGs?:confused: :shrug:

XiceWolf
13-09-2003, 18:38
lol BEARD !! :D I got mine tez this afternoon aswell and its goddam good and i aint even got a lightsaber :D Being evil is so funny i just let someone get killed by not stepping in to help them :D

Tezcatlipoca
13-09-2003, 18:55
Originally posted by XiceWolf
lol BEARD !! :D I got mine tez this afternoon aswell and its goddam good and i aint even got a lightsaber :D Being evil is so funny i just let someone get killed by not stepping in to help them :D

LOL, you evil git. :D

I'm gonna start on it after dinner.

ic14
13-09-2003, 18:57
What does beard mean?? Someone must know!!!

XiceWolf
13-09-2003, 19:07
playin rpgs takes time and dedication, its just a stupid joke that if you play so much or know so much about one subject such as star wars your a beard :D

fluds
13-09-2003, 21:32
So how or when do you get jedi shipness, I am now a lvl 6 scoundrel getting the engine. Anyone know?

Bifta
13-09-2003, 21:44
Why do people say this about RPGs?:confused: :shrug:

Before Role Playing Games became .. computerised, middle aged men who drank real ale and had massive beards use to enjoy throwing dice around a table in an attempt to stop their 1 millionth level cleric getting eaten by a mushroom. Not all role players were bearded, some were just geeks with no social skills much like the beards but bereft of any facial hair further than bumfluff.

Mark15
14-09-2003, 11:58
Originally posted by Bifta
some were just geeks with no social skills much like the beards but bereft of any facial hair further than bumfluff.

So is this us then :D :LOL: I got KoToR (to rent) and its ok but can someone tell me the combat system improves PLEASE!!!. Also I dunno what to do in the lower City Apartments. :confused:

fluds
14-09-2003, 12:28
I am finding it hard to put down, finally made it to jedi last night :D
The combat system is pure luck really, with all you multipliers for skill, weapon and the like. If you have ever played a pen and paper based rpg its the same as that. Pretty much d&d rules.

Tezcatlipoca
14-09-2003, 19:17
Finally started playing KOTOR this afternoon.

Been playing for about an hour. Currently a level 3 scoundrel.

I really like it so far, although the combat is confusing at first. tbh, I think I'd have preferred if it had normal 3rd person shooter style combat, of course it is meant to be an RPG so never mind. Still v good though.

I've managed to resist the lure of the Dark Side so far, although it's v tempting with all these helpless aliens in my apartment building.

Doctor E
15-09-2003, 09:27
Lost Mission Vao. I chatted to her in the boozer, visited her gaff, was told to go and find her, and now the bitch has vanished. Women!

Nige.

Ricky G
15-09-2003, 10:00
You'll find her when you go into the lower city. If you offer to help kill the rakghouls she turns up shortly after moaning on about her Wookies been kidnapped.

Doctor E
15-09-2003, 10:37
The Lower city or the Undercity?

Nige.

Ricky G
15-09-2003, 12:12
The undercity. You pass the Sith guard and take the elevator to the lower city, then trek to a second elevator that takes you to the under city. I believe you need a disguise or papers to bet passed the guards at both elevators. Once down there you find a gate with a bloke guarding it and some woman moaning on. If you volanteer to kill the rakghouls he'll let you through. After killing the rakghouls you may have to walk about a bit on that side of the gate until mission runs over to you.

Mantrid
15-09-2003, 12:17
Got the game yesterday. I'm enjoying it even though I don't usually have patience for games that are not just point and shoot.

Think I'm at the same sort of stage as you guys. Just got to the undercity after killing some bounty hunter and getting my bounty from that jabba the hut type creature.

Ricky G
15-09-2003, 14:16
Haven't played a game so long in ages. Spent a 9 hour stretch on it yesterday, even missed all the football.

Currently on Dantooine as a Jedi apprentice doing my final task to become a Padawan. Met a woman who has lost her blow up droid, played Frost in a murder case and enjoying my new lightsabre. I can't wait to get the skills to use the double ended sabre but I suppose I can always play as Bastilla until that happens.

It certainly is harder following the light path. I've had to give cash and goods away to get a few light points whereas uttering a few harsh words gains dark side.

I should warn anyone who hasn't left Taris yet, once you leave it doesn't look like you can go back so do as much as you can!

XiceWolf
15-09-2003, 14:35
This game rocks :D Ive done every challenge on taris and dantooine. On dantooine theres a great challenge where you need decide what two lovers should do. Me being an evil sith :D made them break up. Very romeo and juliet it was, two families feuding :D

Doctor E
16-09-2003, 10:17
Wann-o-manni, the Republic Scout is getting bogged down. I must have about six or so quests on the books, and I'm in the lower sewers. I need to back out and go see that Undercity trader to see if he has repair parts for the droid so I can safely beat the Garmorrean elites and recover Big Z. I can also envisage having to go back and forth between Rakgouls and the healer to keep the team healthy because Rakgouls are a pain in the neck. Some aspects of this game are nearly as frustrating as Splinter Cell (STILL stuck in the cold store there!).

However, I did find an interesting way of killing a single Rakgoul. If you get him on your tail, run in a circle round your other team member. If that guy has a blaster, then he can take pot shots at the creature was you race around. No-one gets hurt!

Nige.

Ste Riley
16-09-2003, 11:41
I've found the best way to take down a Rakgoul is have a vibroblade in each hand and take it to the head.

NEONKNIGHT
17-09-2003, 00:30
Did you know... "If you defeat certain Pazaak opponents 10 times in a row, you receive a special item. One particular opponent gives you a lightsaber crystal you can't find anywhere else. There's usually at least one Pazaak player on every planet, so track him down!" (This snipet of info comes from the official strategy guide);)

Ricky G
17-09-2003, 12:38
Cheers for that. You've probably already discovered this but if you're going darkside, crack open the eggs in the cave on Dantooine to get a red crystal. The only downside to being a goody two shoes is missing the cool feeling of swashing around a double red ender. Incidently does anyone have any advice on how to defeat those droids in the Dantooine ruins?

Tezcatlipoca
17-09-2003, 14:51
I was playing this again last night, until finally going to bed at 5am this morning.

Then I had to get up at 8am for work. :zzz:

I've not been so addicted to, or immersed in, a game this much since playing Halo (plus Deus Ex on PC).

XiceWolf
17-09-2003, 18:44
Ive knocked up 20 hours of gameplay so far and ive done every challenge so far, this game is too addictive. Lightsabers a plenty :D

Tezcatlipoca
17-09-2003, 20:23
I've spent about 10 hours so far just on Taris, exploring everywhere & doing the side quests & so on.

10 hours, & I've only just rescued Bastila, lol. (stuck up cow, isn't she).

XiceWolf
17-09-2003, 22:30
i thought i was taking my time by taking 6 hours to do everything on taris :D tez master beard :rofl:

Ste Riley
17-09-2003, 22:42
took me just over 10 hours to get off Taris... now I've got a lightsaber in each hand dancing the funky chicken around the second planet.

NEONKNIGHT
18-09-2003, 00:58
i thought i was taking my time by taking 6 hours to do everything on taris :D tez master beard :rofl:

You sure you did everything on Taris, Xice ? Six hours to do everything - All main quest's and sub quest's - is quick going. The Force is with you!:D :p ;)

Mantrid
18-09-2003, 12:16
Do I need to do everything on Taris?

I've done most of the tasks (have about six left) and am currently in the Sith base. Most of my remaining tasks are bounties, however if I do them they'll give me dark side points in addition to experience points.

NEONKNIGHT
18-09-2003, 13:40
Originally posted by Mantrid
Do I need to do everything on Taris?

I've done most of the tasks (have about six left) and am currently in the Sith base. Most of my remaining tasks are bounties, however if I do them they'll give me dark side points in addition to experience points.

You don't have to do everything only the main quest's. But if your going for 'Ultimate' dark side or light side screens it does help.

This is what the official strategy guide says:- "There are also "ultimate" dark side and light side screens, if every action your character has taken throughout the game was entirely good or entirely evil. The dark side screen shows sparks erupting from the background, while the light side screen shows a column of light. You need to go through a couple of planets, building light side or dark side points, before you can achieve either of the "ultimate" screens. A dark side character's appearance also starts to change, with his skin becoming gray and mottled."

It also goes on to say :- "The game is intentionally structured so that it's harder to play through as a light side character and easy to slip toward the dark side. To offset this power imbalance, a few special items are available only to light side characters (near the end of the game)."

;)

Mantrid
18-09-2003, 13:52
Think I'm going to have to get that strategy guide. Does it include maps of the levels?

NEONKNIGHT
18-09-2003, 13:57
Originally posted by Mantrid
Think I'm going to have to get that strategy guide. Does it include maps of the levels?

Yes there are maps! What it contains is as follows:-
Strategies for fighting and equipment usage.
Exclusive maps for every level.
Startegies for each character class.
Details on every NPC and party member.
Complete strategies for the card game Pazaak.
Comprehensive item, power-up, and weapon lists.
Complete walkthrough from Padawan to Jedi Master.
Tips for resisting (or receiving) the dark side.
All puzzle solutions, minigames, and side quests revealed.

Its a good book to have - recommend it.:)

Tezcatlipoca
18-09-2003, 14:37
I had a quick "massage" from some Twilek slave girl in Davik's base before nicking his ship, lol.

Now on Dantooine :)

Can't wait to finish Jedi training & get a lightsaber! :D

Jarandco
18-09-2003, 18:48
I had a quick "massage" from some Twilek slave girl in Davik's base before nicking his ship, lol.

Now on Dantooine :)

Can't wait to finish Jedi training & get a lightsaber! :D Ive got my lightsaber!!:D

XiceWolf
18-09-2003, 18:49
I have like 15 lightsabers :D Purple mace windu style :D

Jarandco
18-09-2003, 19:13

Bighead! :p

Well i am taking my time plus ive gotta do some work!:(

NEONKNIGHT
18-09-2003, 19:15

As far as I can make out, there are 16 Lightsaber's to collect :-

Sith Lightsaber
Lightsaber - Blue
Lightsaber - Red
Lightsaber - Green
Lightsaber - Gold
Lightsaber - Purple
Double Bladed - Blue
Double Bladed - Red
Double Bladed - Green
Double Bladed - Gold
Double Bladed - Purple
Short Lightsaber - Red
Short Lightsaber - Green
Short Lightsaber - Blue
Short Lightsaber - Gold
Short Lightsaber - Purple

:smokin:

NEONKNIGHT
19-09-2003, 18:51
Originally posted by morris
i tell you what you and neon pay me the cost of the guide and i'll finish the game for you so you don't have to waste your time.

LOL! :D

manowar68
20-09-2003, 02:46
This game is just amazing,going to my 4th planet now.
I just can't get enough of this game and the sad thing is i can't seem to pull myself away from it-must be the force.

Have'nt enjoyed a game so much since half life,nice one bioware.

NEONKNIGHT
20-09-2003, 19:40
This game is just amazing,going to my 4th planet now.
I just can't get enough of this game and the sad thing is i can't seem to pull myself away from it-must be the force.

Have'nt enjoyed a game so much since half life,nice one bioware.

I'm still on the second planet ! :D

XiceWolf
20-09-2003, 22:27
ive completed it light and dark side. Ill try not to make a spoiler but i think you would really want to know this so ill try and tell you without giving away the story. Theres a point late on in the game where you will be asked to make a big decision that effects the rest of the game. I saved just before the decision allowing me to complete it by saying one thing then reloading and choosing the other option so i could finish the game under different terms. I will PM anyone who wants to know what planet it is on as my mate made the decision without saving before hand and had to redo a good couple of hours of the game so he could have the option of reloading the save at a later date to make the other decision. My advice is after you land on each planet for the first time is to make a new save so you can revert back to it and play the game another way without having to go through the majority of the game again.

Mantrid
21-09-2003, 00:14
ive completed it light and dark side.

OMG :eek: how many hours did that take?

I've spent about 12 hours so far and only just got of the Jedi base.

XiceWolf
21-09-2003, 00:29
I dont want to give the story away but i saved at a bit where you make a light or dark decision and that effects the last remaining bit of the game. I havent actually completed the full game with 2 seperate characters.

NEONKNIGHT
21-09-2003, 10:38
That's really good going Xice, but don't forget to sleep/eat/get out more in the future! LOL:D

manowar68
21-09-2003, 12:05
It has taken me 22 hours to get to the fourth planet so far.I am doing everything that needs doing on each planet.......what a game.

XiceWolf
21-09-2003, 13:21
That's really good going Xice, but don't forget to sleep/eat/get out more in the future! LOL:D

I wanted to finish at as quick as possible so i could get a good price when i trade it in again :D

NEONKNIGHT
21-09-2003, 14:06
I wanted to finish at as quick as possible so i could get a good price when i trade it in again :D

LOL:D But why trade it in ? DLC is coming soon - etc maps, weapons, task's ;)

Doctor E
24-09-2003, 12:29
Oh, the quick and easy patch. It's getting tempting to stop trying light-side resolutions to Zax's bounties. I think it's time to start cracking skulls.

Does anyone have a decent tip on how much cash you might reasonably need before leaving Taris? Yes, I'm still on Taris. I don't get much playtime right now!

Nige.

XiceWolf
25-09-2003, 08:51
Cash to be honest isnt really a problem as the items for sale aint really anything special and you will find sh*t loads of money later on in the game. I finished the game with 32000 credits. If your really concerned about money on taris though make sure you get the money out of the garage in the black vulcar base. This will require you going to the garage office, opening the security doors using some spikes, then go back to the garage and open the massive door to the left of the entrance. Defeat the droid in here then use the bash option on the security boxes to get yourself 2000 credits.

Boom
26-09-2003, 01:25
Finally finished it. That was a great game. Definitely top 10 that game. :D

NEONKNIGHT
26-09-2003, 01:28
Finally finished it. That was a great game. Definitely top 10 that game. :D

Jeez! You've finnished it already!?! Did you manage to attain the "Ultimate" screen for the darkside ?

Boom
26-09-2003, 01:31
Jeez! You've finnished it already!?! Did you manage to attain the "Ultimate" screen for the darkside ?

No finished it on the lightside. Will do darkside sometime soon, but want to concentrate on GRIT, CM04 and SC2, which came yesterday morning.

NEONKNIGHT
26-09-2003, 01:33
No finished it on the lightside. Will do darkside sometime soon, but want to concentrate on GRIT, CM04 and SC2, which came yesterday morning.

.....and the DIY....:D ..;)

Boom
26-09-2003, 01:36
.....and the DIY....:D ..;)

Don't bleeding remind me. :(

That took up a ton of time.

XiceWolf
26-09-2003, 10:32
Good job boom, were you dissapointed in the final FMV ? I personnally thought it was crap.

Boom
26-09-2003, 10:40
Good job boom, were you dissapointed in the final FMV ? I personnally thought it was crap.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed last night. I thought Bastila was going to get it on! Must be funny with a female character! :D

Also, in comparison to Neverwinter, I found this a bit short. Still though I never get bored of saber battles.

I do want to play this now with a darkside character.

However, I'm going to concentrate on CM04 and SC2.