PDA

View Full Version : Drive away without paying

Escapee
14-03-2005, 19:06
I walked up to the petrol station earlier for some milk, I waited behind some woman in the que who was chatting away to the woman behind the counter. When it came to my turn she said "Fuel?" I said "NO", she said "Who's number one then" I said that will be the guy in the Red old shape Polo Estate who walked over to the door opened it, turned around walked back to his car, got back in the car and drove off. I said "Didn't get the number because I was too annoyed at waiting to be served"

Perhaps he didn't like to wait for these two women and their idle gossip, or perhaps she would of seen him had she been doing her job instead of gassing. :rolleyes:

Paul K
14-03-2005, 19:14
I walked up to the petrol station earlier for some milk, I waited behind some woman in the que who was chatting away to the woman behind the counter. When it came to my turn she said "Fuel?" I said "NO", she said "Who's number one then" I said that will be the guy in the Red old shape Polo Estate who walked over to the door opened it, turned around walked back to his car, got back in the car and drove off. I said "Didn't get the number because I was too annoyed at waiting to be served"

Perhaps he didn't like to wait for these two women and their idle gossip, or perhaps she would of seen him had she been doing her job instead of gassing. :rolleyes:
No doubt she will claim to have been busy and that he had made no attempt to pay for the petrol. Gotta love it when you are stuck behind people who are paying at the kiosk and you have already paid at the pump but can't move as tehy are now queued up behind 4 people who only popped into the garage to buy a paper with their weeks loose change and pocket lint :(

Earl of Bronze
14-03-2005, 19:15
Well, one of the cameras on the forecourt will have gotten his number.

paulyoung666
14-03-2005, 19:17

funny i was thinking the same :erm: :D :D

Paul K
14-03-2005, 19:17
Yep and hopefully the internal cameras will show her bosses just why the guy drove off without paying ;)

Marge
14-03-2005, 19:19
When I worked in a petrol station the staff had to pay for any drive offs :erm:

Chimaera
14-03-2005, 19:23
Well in our Chav attracting local Tesco petrol station they have huge notices up that state that driving away without paying is a criminal offence and CCTV evidence will be passed to the police.
If they can be dragged out from the Tesco cafe to 'fight crime' that is. :rolleyes:

Chris W
14-03-2005, 19:41
Nearly all petrol stations have number plate recognition software now, and this is used in conjunction with CCTV.

The new morrison petrol station near me has a monitor behind the counter which comes up with a piccy of your car and you registration plate in big letters at the bottom!

Escapee
14-03-2005, 19:44

I think thats generally the case, you would of thought she would of been a bit more observant.

Funny story....

About 10 years ago, my father drove into the petrol station and put a tenners worth of petrol in his car. He got in the car and drove off :shocked:

He got home, took his trousers off for the washing machine and had a tenner in his pocket! It suddenly dawned on him that he hadn't paid, he rushed straight back to the garage, and the cashier didn't even know about it. :D

She told him that staff had to pay, so she was really pleased he went back.

Tuftus
14-03-2005, 20:05
I remember, also about 10 years or so back I filled up with fuel, bought loads of snacks etc then went in and distinctly remembered saying "these (snacks) and petrol on pump x", gave the guy the money and took the change and put it straight in my pocket....

An hour or so later got pulled over by the fine boys in blue who explained that I had not paid for the fuel!!!

So the idiot that did not take my money for the fuel (even though I had told him that I was paying for fuel) called the cops!!

So after explaining this the to policeman, they took me back to the petrol station and I paid with no further hassle, except for the bald tyre they found when the looked my car over when they dropped me off at my car... :(

lol

paulyoung666
14-03-2005, 20:13
I remember, also about 10 years or so back I filled up with fuel, bought loads of snacks etc then went in and distinctly remembered saying "these (snacks) and petrol on pump x", gave the guy the money and took the change and put it straight in my pocket....

An hour or so later got pulled over by the fine boys in blue who explained that I had not paid for the fuel!!!

So the idiot that did not take my money for the fuel (even though I had told him that I was paying for fuel) called the cops!!

So after explaining this the to policeman, they took me back to the petrol station and I paid with no further hassle, except for the bald tyre they found when the looked my car over when they dropped me off at my car... :(

lol

teach you to have a bald tyre then :D :D :D :D

and there was the time that i nipped out from work at lunchtime , thought to myself , bloody hell i had better go and get some petrol , filled the tank up and then realised i had no money :Yikes: , after the lass at the till stopped laughing she said no problem , fill in this form and if you dont come back by 5-00 pm then you will get reported to the police :disturbd: , needless to say i was back in time :D :D :D

Tuftus
14-03-2005, 20:23
The Irony was it was booked in the next day for new tyres and tracking... still my own fault... d'oh!

soneill
14-03-2005, 23:38
I used to get caught out at New Year. Visit family, fill up car for the (long) trip home, hand over credit card to pay and discover that it expired yesterday oops: Fortunately every time it happened I had the new card in the car but embarrassing all the same!

danielf
14-03-2005, 23:47

What were you expected to do then? Run out and jump in front of the car? :rolleyes:

ian@huth
14-03-2005, 23:47
I have been to plenty of petrol (gas) stations in the States where you have to pay before the pump will start. They must suffer the problem over there as well even though the petrol is far cheaper.

zoombini
15-03-2005, 08:24
I generally use the 24hr pumps at Asda, where you have to put your cc in 1st.

me283
15-03-2005, 08:34
Well in our Chav attracting local Tesco petrol station they have huge notices up that state that driving away without paying is a criminal offence and CCTV evidence will be passed to the police.
If they can be dragged out from the Tesco cafe to 'fight crime' that is. :rolleyes:

Ah, they'll end up in court about 18 months later then. The case will probably be dropped for some spurious reason, or at worst they'll have to pay back 50p a month, or get let off because of the terrible upbringing they've had! Then it's "all aboard for a compensation claim" due to a breach of their "human rights"...