PDA

View Full Version : World Map

blackthorn
13-03-2005, 08:15
I`ve looked (probably not hard enough) for a printable A4 size world map that I can download. I want to then use this map in a programme (any suggestions as to which programme I could use) and put lines from the Uk to different places in the world. What its all about is, my grandchildren want me to print out a world map on photo paper, to frame, of all the places I`ve visited in the world, with lines from the Uk to where I`ve been. If anyone can help me on this I`d be grateful. Thanks

Paul K
13-03-2005, 09:11
Any of these any good to you??
http://www.mapsofworld.com/
To do the lines you would need to know where all the cities are on it and then draw them in by hand using paint, word, publisher etc. Most DTP software has the option to draw lines of different colours and widths.

blackthorn
13-03-2005, 09:19
Yes, thanks for the link. I`ve downloaded the blank outline map. I`ll play around with that in word. cheers
In fact, the blank outline map is brilliant, I`ve opened it in paint and I can draw lines from the Uk in different colours.

Paul K
13-03-2005, 09:32
Yes, thanks for the link. I`ve downloaded the blank outline map. I`ll play around with that in word. cheers
In fact, the blank outline map is brilliant, I`ve opened it in paint and I can draw lines from the Uk in different colours.
See, not as hard as you thought it was going to be ;) I would suggest saving it regularly as you go along just in case one of the lines doesn't go right :)