PDA

View Full Version : Sky 1's Gamezville

Boom
10-09-2003, 11:31
So what are ppl's opinions of this show and the Boyz?

I had the unfortunate oppurtunity to watch this while on vacation last month, though it had its comedic value. The 'Guru' is perhaps the worst part of this show as most game cheat questions can be answered straight from the web. I watched perhaps one of the worst displays of MM3 racing in the head-to-head challenge.

zoombini
10-09-2003, 11:40
Yeah, I saw it once (well bits of it) and that Guru chap is a right daft geezer!

(I was told that I was playing during thier live review of SOF2).

I don't think the following is Spam so here is a link to get on the show for ou younger gamerz.

The new computer games show on Sky One has arrived and Tinnud has been asked to find some contestants to appear on it. They're looking for boys & girls aged between 11-19 with an interest in games.

You'll be asked your opinion on graphics, playability & sound and will have the opportunity to play some of the hottest games around with the chance of winning some great prizes!

Be a participant on this fab, funky new gaming show and get the chance to play and review the hottest games before anyone else.

Have you got what it takes, to take on the best gamers in the country in their FACE OFF challenge?

Interested? Then email the show and apply today!

E-mail: gamezville@tinnud.co.uk

Caspar
10-09-2003, 11:52
I saw one program on TV, not sure if it's this one? ...it was reviewing Games and consoles etc...

They match the main three and gave each a % within areas... Needless to say the XBOX won ;) but it was so out of date...the cost for the XBOX was about £230!!! ... and the games were ancient...and hardly mentioned XBOX Live! :(

What a bad representation it gave...on the XBOX and on the other two :(

fluds
10-09-2003, 11:58
I agree the news and reviews they give out are so old. Saw them with the news of Sony cell chip this week, made the PS3 look superhuman, they never give the full story, don't know where they get thier news from. Must be from the inter-tablet.

NEONKNIGHT
10-09-2003, 12:36
Don't watch that, watch this:-

GAME PAD / BRAVO TV (http://www.bravo.co.uk/)

The lushes Violet Berlin anyday!:drool:

Boom
10-09-2003, 15:05
I saw that one as well over my hols and wasn't overly impressed either, except she wasn't as kewl as the boyz (a good thing).

Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
Don't watch that, watch this:-

GAME PAD / BRAVO TV (http://www.bravo.co.uk/)

The lushes Violet Berlin anyday!:drool:

Doctor E
10-09-2003, 16:14
Gamezville is on right now and I can confirm that it is total and utter drivel. The two blokes struggle to hold the boring game sequences together; and as for the Guru ... he clearly thinks he's some kind of bizarre Shakespearian Aragorn/Jawa hybrid.

Nige.

Mark15
10-09-2003, 16:17
Gamzville is ok the boyz are stupid as **** though so its worth a laugh at. I like there face of and clash of the titles bits but besides that not very good I think i'll stay with cybernet :D

Reddevil63
10-09-2003, 17:04
What gets me about these type of shows here in the UK is the age of the audience. They can hardly string 2 words together let alone play the games.

Don't the TV researchers do any homework and see that a vast proportion of gamers in the UK are over 20 years old and think they could give a review alot better than some of those kiddies on that show.
I got nothing against kids on Game shows but would be nice to get a mixture in and have a more mature way of reviewing games.

Its like this:

The boyz: Have you ever played a game like this?
Kiddie: No
The boyz: What you think of the graphics?
Kiddie: Alright
The boyz: What about the gameplay?
Kiddie: Alright
The boyz: The sound?
Kiddie: Alright.
The boyz: So out of 5 G's, how many G's for this game?
Kiddie: 3
The boyz: So this game gets a Gamesville rating of 3 G's

FFS, thats a great review!!! :mad:

Its about time the UK got a real decent Game show sort of like the excellent one in the USA...think its called 'G4TV'

The only decent thing on GV is Lucy, think thats her name, in the free downloadable games from the net section.

PS...that Guru bloke needs shotted!:D

Boom
10-09-2003, 17:17
I think after they leased all the equipment for the show (plasmas, etc.), they went for a lean budget on presenters and staff. Clearly the wardobe and stage departments got left with little too as Guru's attire and surroundings would suggest (not to mention, some very bad monologue speech writers!).

HappyHiker
10-09-2003, 18:28
gamezville is really bad, I set up a season pass on my tivo, watched one episode then canelled it immediately. Cybernet is better.

Whatever happened to that really good game review show with the three women on ? Forgotten whats its called but it was actually funny and had decent reviews on.

That dodgy show with Domanik Diamond, (gamemaster ?) That wasn't bad either.

Mark15
11-09-2003, 17:09
i'm gonna try to get on it and beat the **** out of them all (in the game) :D

Bifta
11-09-2003, 19:02
Originally posted by Boom
So what are ppl's opinions of this show and the Boyz?

I had the unfortunate oppurtunity to watch this while on vacation last month, though it had its comedic value. The 'Guru' is perhaps the worst part of this show as most game cheat questions can be answered straight from the web. I watched perhaps one of the worst displays of MM3 racing in the head-to-head challenge.

It's a terrible waste of broadcasting time, I watched it a couple of days ago and it's even worse (if possible) than that sh*te with dominic diamond .. it's event WORSE than gamepad