PDA

View Full Version : D-Link DI-604 router problem

microbious
11-03-2005, 20:04
I was lucky enough to get my connection upgraded from 750k to 2mb :)
but since this upgrade i cannot connect to the net through my router but
i can connect if i plug straight from modem to ethernet card,

I have installed the router again following the same procedure as i had
before and have tried several different ways from many suggestions,
I am not able to use the wizard to set the router up as it will not connect to the site for this.

I have reset the modem to factory settings no joy
installed in the correct order etc etc
before the upgrade this router was trouble free but as soon as i had the upgrade nothing all lights etc show as working wan port + the port from comp to router :confused:

Any help appreciated before i go and buy another router as it might be that i am doing something wrong but i feel i have covered every way to install :dunce:

Also i have shut down my firewall and virus software as i know these can sometimes cause problems on install.

dilli-theclaw
11-03-2005, 20:07
Thread moved :)

MovedGoalPosts
11-03-2005, 20:14
You are connecting via cable modem, not STB, and I presume this is a ntl installation. Reason for clarifying is I know some of the DI 604 routers had an incompatibility with some ntl STBs, as I was tolde when getting support from D-Link.

You have done the obvious of completely rebootoing your entire network. Have you looked at upgrading the firmware on the router, if it isn't current.

microbious
11-03-2005, 21:14
Yes i should have said it is the silver cable modem
Running windows xp pro
realtek RTL8139 ethernet card
D-Link DI-604 Router

And i cant upgrade the firmware as i can't connect to the net to update firmware as you have to be able to have a connection to a link that starts the wizard.

badnbusy
13-03-2005, 19:39
I have just bought the exat router...and have it working out the box no problems. What have you setup so far?

Can you get to the router config page, http://192.168.0.1 (turn off proxies if you cant)

Username is "admin"
Password is blank

MovedGoalPosts
13-03-2005, 21:07
And i cant upgrade the firmware as i can't connect to the net to update firmware as you have to be able to have a connection to a link that starts the wizard.

You can connect well enough to post this. Can you not download on whatever you are using for these postings, the firmware and then update from that using the local admin controls on the router?

You'll be better off doing a firmware upgrade locally, rather than over the net.

iron25
13-03-2005, 22:32
How's updating the firmware going to help :shrug: If it was working before then I see no reason why it should not work now. Without knowing exactly what you are doing I can only assume that there is something you are not doing correctly. From what you describe it seems that you have done the obvious but are you sure there is nothing else on your pc or a switch on the router stopping it from working correctly. Even if you can't connect to the internet, you should still be able to get into the router to check the settings.

microbious
14-03-2005, 20:53
There is no switch on the router only reset button and i have tried that several times there is no other way to get into the router settings other than going to
http://192.168.0.1 (http://192.168.0.1/) but i cannot do this without a connection.

I am not running any proxy and setup was done exactly as before, it did work straight from the box but stopped working after the speed upgrade.

I can connect direct from the modem as soon as i connect the router all the right lights are active but as soon as i try to connect it stays for between 30-60 seconds in IE detecting proxy settings then goes to page not found i am not running through a proxy in my settings.

Thanks all for the input so far