PDA

View Full Version : ethernet connection is not working

jerenus
07-03-2005, 17:57
i am using usb connection
before i use the ethernet connection, with windows xp home edition( this came with the computer i don't have a cd of this operating system) , but internet was worked
when i install the windows xp proffessional (becuase i like to use it)
it delete the home edition and reinstall with proffesional
when i connect to the internet using etherent, it didn't work, so i tried to repaired the local area connection , but thats not worked too. it says "the following steps of the operation failed: renewing the ip address. please contact your network administrator or ISP"
i tried to renew the ip using cmd.exe it says "an error occured while renewing interface local area connection : unable to contact your dhcp server."

please help me out of this problem
thanks

Ramrod
07-03-2005, 18:07
i am using usb connection
before i use the ethernet connection, with windows xp home edition( this came with the computer i don't have a cd of this operating system) , but internet was worked
when i install the windows xp proffessional (becuase i like to use it)
it delete the home edition and reinstall with proffesional
when i connect to the internet using etherent, it didn't work, so i tried to repaired the local area connection , but thats not worked too. it says "the following steps of the operation failed: renewing the ip address. please contact your network administrator or ISP"
i tried to renew the ip using cmd.exe it says "an error occured while renewing interface local area connection : unable to contact your dhcp server."

please help me out of this problem
thanksI had the exact same error message when my ethernet to usb adaptor went belly up yesterday. I uninstalled the driver (in your case uninstall the ethernet card driver I suppose) and re-install it.....worth a try. :)

bobna
07-03-2005, 18:07
have you tried unplugging the power to the cable modem for about 30 sec's
sometimes they have a problem swoping from usb to enet

jerenus
07-03-2005, 18:09
i have tried those two ways that you guys said it didn't work
when i tried to reinstall & install the network card , after i did it it tried to make home networking but it says it couldn't complete!!!
thanks
any other idea?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ramrod
07-03-2005, 18:17
i have tried those two ways that you guys said it didn't work
when i tried to reinstall & install the network card , after i did it it tried to make home networking but it says it couldn't complete!!!
thanks
any other idea?:rolleyes::rolleyes:Maby you just need a new cable?
This is the problem that I had a year ago that forced me back to usb :(

jerenus
07-03-2005, 18:20
i also think the same thing , becuse when i tried the samething on another computer, it says same error message,
i think i have to buy another cable

Gareth
07-03-2005, 20:24
Me three.... the cable that came with the modem only lasted about 1 year - luckily I had a spare one kicking around, but it threw me for a while why it suddenly didn't work.

Nemesis
07-03-2005, 20:30
What ip address do you have .... run IPCONFIG from a cmd prompt

jerenus
07-03-2005, 21:11
i already tried that one