PDA

View Full Version : English Cricket Team Victory

Gogogo
08-09-2003, 18:27
Well done English Cricket Team in defeating the South African Cricket Team.

Marvellous victory.

:wavey:

Graham F
08-09-2003, 18:29
It was indeed well done the lads :D:D Pity we only drew the series but its better than losing i suppose :)

iadom
08-09-2003, 18:47
A perfect weekend really. England win at cricket, football and rugby. Even better RochdaleCC have won the Central Lancashire Cricket League for the 27th time.:D

And the England man of the series is a Lancastrian,fearsome "Freddie" Flintoff.:smokin:

Dave Stones
08-09-2003, 18:58
ive never understood why they call him freddie... is it his middle name or somethin? or have i missed something obvious?

also why is he the only england player who dares slog the ball?

iadom
08-09-2003, 19:09
Originally posted by Dave Stones
ive never understood why they call him freddie... is it his middle name or somethin? or have i missed something obvious?

also why is he the only england player who dares slog the ball?

Freddie Flintoff----Fred Flintstone, a none to subtle play on words. can't wait until "Aggers" and "Blowers" call him Flinters.:)

They also called the South African bowler Zondeki, "All Hands".:D

Jerrek
08-09-2003, 20:31
I always thought that New Zealand was the best in the world in rugby (didn't they win like the last 4 world cups or something?), and India or Pakistan was the best in the world in cricket. Mhh.

Congrats mates. (is that proper Oxford English? :D )

TigaSefi
08-09-2003, 20:48
No, England Rugby Team are now World Cup Favorites now cos we have beaten ALL THE BEST countries HOME and AWAY..... shame it ain't the same in Football and Cricket.....

iadom
08-09-2003, 22:16
Originally posted by Jerrek
I always thought that New Zealand was the best in the world in rugby (didn't they win like the last 4 world cups or something?), and India or Pakistan was the best in the world in cricket. Mhh.

Congrats mates. (is that proper Oxford English? :D )

It sticks in my throat to say this but Australia are, and have been the best cricket team in the world for a long time.:mad: