PDA

View Full Version : Full Spectrum Warrior

Boom
08-09-2003, 14:47
Omg, I can't believe this sounds even cooler than the last preview:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/436/436926p1.html

Calling in a Apache to waste a tank, even better team/enemy AI, and destructable environments (a teammate crushed by rubble from a tank blowing a building apart, how cool is that?!!!)

Caspar
08-09-2003, 14:56
Originally posted by Boom
Calling in a Apache to waste a tank, even better team/enemy AI, and destructable environments (a teammate crushed by rubble from a tank blowing a building apart, how cool is that?!!!)

You're sick! :p

This game sounds good, reminds me of Rainbow Six 3 ;) ...which will be out way before this one! :D

Also..what's the difference between real-time strategy and a first-person shooter game? :shrug: What makes this game different?

Boom
08-09-2003, 15:05
My only thought about RTS in FSW is probably like GR where you have the ability to set waypoints, etc. via a map for your teams. Nothing new as you say, but, presumably, FSW is a lot more polished than RS3/GR? :confused:

Originally posted by Caspar
You're sick! :p

This game sounds good, reminds me of Rainbow Six 3 ;) ...which will be out way before this one! :D

Also..what's the difference between real-time strategy and a first-person shooter game? :shrug: What makes this game different?

Mantrid
08-09-2003, 18:30
Yes please, I'll be adding this game to my list.

ic14
08-09-2003, 22:16
Meh,
I dont think i will be getting it, to orealistic for me,

(Oh and what will the sequl be called, Full Commerdore Warrier :LOL:)

Still it does look nice! :)
But not too sure....

Boom
08-09-2003, 23:14
IC, if you don't like GR, you want to stay clear of this game.

NEONKNIGHT
08-09-2003, 23:45
Thought OXM "rumour" was funny this month:-

"Tom Clancy seems to be showing no signs of slowing down. Coming soon is 'Tom Clancy's Rainbow Splinter Ghost Six Recon Cell: Codename - One of Our Subtitles is Missing'.......So is Ubi Soft overdoing the whole Tom Clancy franchise? The French publisher doesn't seem to think so. 'We think this is a strong and durable brand,' it told us. 'In fact, we're already working on Tom Clancy's 'Listen Guy's I'm Out of Town For a Fortnight - Buzz You When I Get Back Cell'. "

Classic.:rofl:

crazydave85
09-09-2003, 08:14
lol :)

FSW looks amazing, teamxbox were putting up videos of it :( but stopped before they got to the fire fight one :( :(

it looks bloody great and if its gonna have live gameplay :D that will make it rock :D

ic14
09-09-2003, 17:34
IC, if you don't like GR, you want to stay clear of this game.
Thanks for the warning boom,
Make a note of it!

crazydave85
10-09-2003, 08:10
its not really like GR tho.....it seems alot more like desert storm to me, but with tight graphics!

Boom
10-09-2003, 09:51
The gameplay mechanics are very similar to GR from all the previews I've seen. Too much of a simulation for IC's tastes. He prefers arcady type shooters like RtCW and CS.

Originally posted by crazydave85
its not really like GR tho.....it seems alot more like desert storm to me, but with tight graphics!

ic14
10-09-2003, 10:26
The gameplay mechanics are very similar to GR from all the previews I've seen. Too much of a simulation for IC's tastes. He prefers arcady type shooters like RtCW and CS.
:) Right there boom!

Still i may rent it, to see what its like, but i doubt i will get it permanmtly.

It depends whos right, boom or crazydave!

crazydave85
10-09-2003, 19:00
its a rts, u dont really control the troops, tell them to move and flank and give them orders in 3rd person, u never do the shooting urself

*goes hunting for free videos*

Boom
11-09-2003, 08:09
You're right its more of an rts (packed with realism which is why I suggest IC stay clear), which you could play GR as if you wanted (granted not as realistic as this game apparently is), but the multi-player would be downright boring with just 1 on 1 head-to-head team based. I expect to be able to control individual troops in mp, otherwise I'll be less than impressed (deathmatch would be a supreme bore).

From what this says, multi-player might be include controlling individual troops:

One point that's extremely exciting to note is that Full Spectrum Warrior will support full online play through Microsoft's Xbox Live service. I imagine that squads of nine soldiers comprised of individual real-life players might be stretching it a little bit, but certainly there will be gamers going head-to-head with their own digital teams in all kinds of different gameplay modes. Full Spectrum Warrior is also slated to support system link multiplayer support. Details at this stage regarding the types of online play are unknown, but it's a safe bet to expect mission-based objectives, capture the flag, and deathmatch-style environments

Originally posted by crazydave85
its a rts, u dont really control the troops, tell them to move and flank and give them orders in 3rd person, u never do the shooting urself

*goes hunting for free videos*

Boom
01-10-2003, 10:38
I assume 2 person only with 1 person controlling each 4-man platoon. This may well be the first-game that has included an online option where I might prefer just the single-player experience. :(

Boom
08-12-2003, 13:09
Hmm..well it's controlling platoons only, no individuals in Live. :( So only 2-players online. Sounds like interesting game, but whether it translates into a fun game is another matter. :(

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/445/445087p1.html