PDA

View Full Version : Going back to NTL

Doofy
02-03-2005, 10:28
Not sure if this is not in the right place appologies if it isnt.

I had my telephone disconnected from NTL sent a letter and they cannot find it despite my phone number being transfered to BT. Anyhow can someone tell me if you have gone back to BT as i have is it possible to go back to NTL at some point (no laughing please :disturbd: ) I have spent a long time going on about NTL customer service being crap but bloody BT is just as bad. Paid my first bill on there pay on line paperless billing system, They took the money from my account i printed out the page that says thank you heres your ref number, yet they still insist i havent paid it rang up BT CS and after an hour on hold gave up. I left my details for them to call back and they called back to ask when i am going to pay the bill. So is it possible to go back to NTL i promise not to criricise them ever again.;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

dilli-theclaw
02-03-2005, 10:31
I went off to BT/ADSL for a year - and am now back on NTL... So yup - you can indeed.

Doofy
02-03-2005, 10:37
I suppose i will be stuck with a years contract even though i never signed one didnt have to if i remember right. Well i suppose its true the grass isnt always greener.

Neil
02-03-2005, 10:43
I suppose i will be stuck with a years contract even though i never signed one didnt have to if i remember right. Well i suppose its true the grass isnt always greener.

It is for most people.

Scarlett
02-03-2005, 10:45
actually BT's contracts are usually 3 months min.

I agree with Neil, I've not had a problem with them in 6 months, I pay £20 a month and so far thats kept me more or less upto date, (I think I might owe them £10 at the moment but as I pay monthly, they don't worry about that)

bob_builder
02-03-2005, 11:03
actually BT's contracts are usually 3 months min.
Only if it was a reconnection.

It is 12 months for a new install.

orangebird
02-03-2005, 11:09
It is for most people.

Says who?

gary_580
02-03-2005, 11:11
It is for most people.

and this is based on personal opinion or stats?

A friend of mine had ADSL installed recently after a month of trying BT told him to get NTL as they couldnt get his service working and didnt know why!! :Yikes: good that they admitted it, but took long enough and why didnt they know what was wrong? I guess the infinite number of monkeys approach wasnt really infinite :D

Neil
02-03-2005, 11:15
Says who?

The people that I know, & have read about that have gone back to BT from ntl/Telewest.

I actually can't think of reading about an occaision where someone has regretted going back to BT after leaving ntl & their now legendary billing systems.

orangebird
02-03-2005, 11:39
The people that I know, & have read about that have gone back to BT from ntl/Telewest.

I actually can't think of reading about an occaision where someone has regretted going back to BT after leaving ntl & their now legendary billing systems.

Well, you have now. And my billing is fine. Neil, the members on here are not the be all and end all of telecoms customers. And just because you don't hear about it, you can't assume that it doesn't happen. Assume make san ass etc...

d0pey
02-03-2005, 11:40

I had a BT Line and ntl and got rid of the BT line about 12 months ago.

Neil
02-03-2005, 11:51
I had a BT Line and ntl and got rid of the BT line about 12 months ago.

Ok.....:erm:

gary_580
02-03-2005, 11:53
dilligaf went back to NTL from BT according to post 2

dilli-theclaw
02-03-2005, 11:55
dilligaf went back to NTL from BT according to post 2

Certainly did....

kibblerok
02-03-2005, 22:58
Only if it was a reconnection.

It is 12 months for a new install.

Thats a new install from scratch? If the house has had BT before then its 3 months still?

carlingman
02-03-2005, 23:54
Well, you have now. And my billing is fine. Neil, the members on here are not the be all and end all of telecoms customers. And just because you don't hear about it, you can't assume that it doesn't happen. Assume make san ass etc...

And not all the members on here are die hard loyal NTL employees/fans so in my opinion he has a right to his opinion.

:D

Take a look through this entire billing thead about solely NTL Billing and see how many people are happy with their billing.

Damn silly me I forgot this place is not the be all and end all and only people with problems post :dunce:

:D