PDA

View Full Version : Ntl Rip Off

Delnet
05-09-2003, 22:13
After contacting your customer service department I am very disappointed. When I first switched over to NTL I had 2 PSTN lines installed one for telephony and one for my PC. I switched over to BB about 2 years ago so didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t require the second PSTN line. I have now tried to reconnect the second line (all installation was done previously when joining NTL) and it is going to cost me £50. Nothing has changed since BB was installed, yet I have to pay £50 for the luxury of an engineer visiting the cabinet at my house.

I am now seriously thinking about re-connecting with BT.

:mad:

Defiant
05-09-2003, 22:17
I had my tv and phone switched off but still have the stb for bb. No one came around to switch it off though I thought it was done remotly so I'd presume it can be switched back on remotly if I was ever daft enough to want them back that is

Graham F
05-09-2003, 22:27
Its done at the cabinet in the street Defiant so access to the house is not needed to disc a line but is needed to recon a line as they need to make sure its working. £50 is the standard call out charge i'm afraid :shrug:

Delnet
07-09-2003, 11:53
I would take a chance that it would work and if it didn't just disconnect after a month.

I am a telephone engineer so I do have a knowledge of what is need.

andygrif
11-09-2003, 11:15
Can I just point out that this is not an ntl owned site - which the original poster might be under the impression that it is

Delnet
11-09-2003, 13:21
Thank you

I was trying to establish if anyone else has had there 2nd line re-connected and not been ripped off.

Many Thanks