PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed. Regarding cancelling NTL

starscascade
18-02-2005, 13:45
I have had so many problems since moving out from my old address. And still 3 months on i cant sort it. I moved to a non-ntl area. I have no phone line now, not able to receive broadband/ or tv package of any kind. I gave 30 days written notice of this and phone calls but still NO ACTION on my account.

I have never had so much trouble in my whole life with one company. But still it goes on. So now im due to pay for 3 months full service of all the packages for months i have not been there. My account is in the process of being terminated due to this payment outstanding.
Its so frustrating i have TOLD them i have moved out and they wont acknowledge this what-so-ever. I mean they are probably gonna assume that im hiding from them and when the collection service comes for the set top box they will no doubt go to the old address. Oh joy!

The simple thing is i WOULD pay this to get them off my back and stop a debt agency getting involved but theres 2 slight problems.

1) Will my account go back to being active?(which i dont bloody want).. and they will put me in for another 12 contract. I would hate to get anymore charges its bad enough paying this for service i havent used for 3 months.

2) They should credit this amount first before billing me for it

After a number of phone calls and fruitless discussions i have had no resolution. Its really distressing me, i have never had anything like this happen i always resolve stuff with companies. Why is this NTL so difficult.

Could any here help. I figured this is more useful right now rather than ntls customer services.

humphreys barmy
18-02-2005, 17:46
I hope you've kept soem kind of record of who you spoke to, and when.
We had exactly the same problem, and resorted to shouting at the CS down the phone on numerous occasions in order to get the matter sorted out.
They were still billing at least two months, so far, after the set top box was collected.
It seems to be something to do with the disconnection department. Apparently, or at least I was told, that there was a problem with the computers around the November time, which meant that although they had disconnected my service, the computer had taken it upon itself to reconnect me !:erm: You will agree that's very strange.

The only thing which I can advise you to do, is to stick with it, and if you have to make daily phone calls to the disconnections dept, and insist that the matter is finalised.

If you find that you can't get through, then go vis CS. I found a useful Team Leader, who did take it upon himself to ring me, when he had got through to the disconnections, and then put me through that way:disturbd:

I won't put a dampener on it further for you, but whilst they disconnected the account on one computer screen, it hasn't stopped the credit/invoice department from continuing to issue invoices !!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: The matter continues, but a complaint letter has gone out, and I'll have to see.

You must keep a record of when you spoke, who to, and what was said. There is no point in expecting them to update their systems with any record of conversations.
You need to ewxplore all avenues with ntl, be able to document them, and then if needed, go to an outside body like OFTEL or Trading Standards.

Good Luck