PDA

View Full Version : One-Bill

gimpymoo
18-02-2005, 10:33
A very pleasent surprise to find one bill for ALL my NTL services this month.

The only downside is that its easier to see how much I spend with you guys every month.... I may be downgrading my services now LOL ... only kidding.

Thank you NTL, about time ;)

A VERY happy customer.

Stephen
18-02-2005, 10:38
I have always had one bill each month. It depends what billing system you are on.

bob_builder
18-02-2005, 10:44
Does this mean they are migrating customers with more than one bill?

I still "receive" three bills for line rental, telephone calls and internet.

I say "receive" but I have only been receiving the telephone calls bill for the last few months. The line rental bill has not appeared although they have continued to direct debit me! The internet one appears randomly via email (although they have continued to direct debit me regularly).

STONEISLAND
18-02-2005, 11:15
So how do you get on 'onebill'? I could do with som of that.

scrotnig
18-02-2005, 11:56
In due course, everyone will be getting one bill as that's what Harmony will lead to. It's just different areas are at different stages of development.

Stephen
18-02-2005, 11:58
Does this mean they are migrating customers with more than one bill?

I still "receive" three bills for line rental, telephone calls and internet.

I say "receive" but I have only been receiving the telephone calls bill for the last few months. The line rental bill has not appeared although they have continued to direct debit me! The internet one appears randomly via email (although they have continued to direct debit me regularly).

Yep as part of the Harmony billing if your rental charges do not change after a couple of months they stop sending the bills hance you only get one for the phone as that changes every month. If you changed your package you would then recieve a bill for the TV again.

bob_builder
18-02-2005, 12:05
Yep as part of the Harmony billing if your rental charges do not change after a couple of months they stop sending the bills hance you only get one for the phone as that changes every month. If you changed your package you would then recieve a bill for the TV again.
Oh well, at least I know there is some reason to that!

Does anybody have any idea when Cambridge will be moving over to one bill?

danielf
18-02-2005, 12:22

And that's considered a good thing? I'd not be very pleased if a company is taking money out of my account without informing me how much was being taken out. And judging by Bob_builder's post, I'm not the only one.

scrotnig
18-02-2005, 13:09
And that's considered a good thing? I'd not be very pleased if a company is taking money out of my account without informing me how much was being taken out. And judging by Bob_builder's post, I'm not the only one.
Have you ever paid for an insurance policy spread over 12 months? Or you council tax?

Does the insurance company or council write to you every month to remind you how much is coming out?

No, they don't, as under the terms of the Direct Debit scheme, if an amount is fixed no notification needs to be sent.

danielf
18-02-2005, 13:15
Have you ever paid for an insurance policy spread over 12 months? Or you council tax?

Does the insurance company or council write to you every month to remind you how much is coming out?

No, they don't, as under the terms of the Direct Debit scheme, if an amount is fixed no notification needs to be sent.

That's fair enough I suppose. However, with NTL's record of billing I'm a little wary of it. I am still being billed for an account that was closed 6 months ago. I like the monthly bill as reminder they still haven't sorted it out (as opposed to threatening letters from a debt collection agency) ;)

scrotnig
18-02-2005, 13:17
That's fair enough I suppose. However, with NTL's record of billing I'm a little wary of it. I am still being billed for an account that was closed 6 months ago. I like the monthly bill as reminder they still haven't sorted it out (as opposed to threatening letters from a debt collection agency) ;)
If you're normally getting email bills as opposed to paper ones, ring and insist on papr bills, These, unless something's changed very recently, will go out regardless of the amount.

Stephen
18-02-2005, 13:26

Well as the amount is the same every month then they do not need to inform you. they only need to let you know if the amount changes.