PDA

View Full Version : Website availability checker = useless

Hitcher
16-02-2005, 14:42
My cousin wants to switch over from dial up, so I check the postcode on the NTL site and then enter their house number to be told all BB, and digital TV, services are available to them.

Great we thought until we phoned to arrange installation only to be told it's not available.

What's the point of of the checker if it doesn't give the correct info?

Stuart
16-02-2005, 14:46
Are they in rented accomodation? If they are, it's entirely possible that the landlord has refused NTL permission to work on his (or their) property in the past.

Russ
16-02-2005, 14:49
It could be the same problem as mine - I live in a building which does not have the underground access for ntl but other people at the bottom of my street can however we share the same postcode.

Hitcher
16-02-2005, 15:17
They own the house, they have an NTL phone line and there's an analogue TV line going into the place.

welwynrose
22-02-2005, 15:29
the postcode checker has always been pants if I put in my postcode I get " Congratulations, our checks have confirmed that you are eligible to receive the Freedom services" yet I have been a cable tv customer at my house for 14 years since before NTL took over the area - and I have telephone/tv & broadband - go figure