PDA

View Full Version : Sky Issues

Seti
15-02-2005, 01:18
I am not with Sky but happen to know a very traumatised lady who is with them. She rang customer services at sky to tell them her husband had died on the 24th of December so could they please change the direct debit etc over to her. She was told NO and that they couodn't do anything about it so she now has to pay a late payment charge from sky plus the bill plus an admin fee for moving the account. That is disgusting.

I haven't had many problems with NTL. Mostly the staff are courteous and polite and try their hardest to get any problems sorted out. What I don't like about NTL is they dont' have customer service on the weekends, so if your phone or TV or modem goes down over the weekend you have to wait until Monday to do something about it. They haven't even got a fault report line open !! I did complain once when my whole area was down for the whole of a SUNDAY. Of course they didnt' do anyting till Monday. I find that exceptioanlly bad.

I dont' think the grass is greener on the other side, in fact I think it is yellow !

Sian

SLM
14-03-2005, 21:24
Just found your post and thought about your thread.....CS is open on a Sat but ntl did a "time managment" survey a few years ago and found the number of calls they took on a Sun did not warrent a office being open. You can report a telco fault on a Sun but nothing else.

In the long run if you look at the BIG picture it is keeping there bills down so in turn keeping our bills down.

I do not think you would find any big business open on a Sun unless they are required to by law eg gas/electric board.

Hope that helps.