PDA

View Full Version : handyman

homealone
05-09-2003, 00:05
Whatever the rest of the stuff going on, I wanted to say sorry you are leaving ntl - "they" obviously havn't seen the good regard you are held in, here.

All the best Mark!

handyman
05-09-2003, 00:35
Cheers, that means so much to me.
During my time at ntl i have worked my ass off and its going to be hard to leave. My lateness record unfortunatly has got the better of me and hr dont see the 94 hours overtime per month or the time i spend here. I'm sure i'll find somwhere else to work soon enough and i'll always try help out here as i can.

mark jl

homealone
05-09-2003, 00:47
Originally posted by handyman
Cheers, that means so much to me.
During my time at ntl i have worked my ass off and its going to be hard to leave. My lateness record unfortunatly has got the better of me and hr dont see the 94 hours overtime per month or the time i spend here. I'm sure i'll find somwhere else to work soon enough and i'll always try help out here as i can.

mark jl

know what you mean - I'm on a disciplinary for "excessive sickness in a rolling year"

- and was once late for a 2-10!:D - don't ask!:p:);)

timewarrior2001
05-09-2003, 00:48
Handyman I am surprised you found the will to even turn up, I have spoken to people that work in CS for companies that are only linked to NTL and they say they would sometimes rather castrate themselves with a blunt knife than go to work.

But good luck to whatever you decide to do in the future.

kronas
05-09-2003, 00:58
good luck for the future handyman :)

Fingy
05-09-2003, 01:33
HM - don't leave us, stay and fix faults. :p

Marge
05-09-2003, 01:39
I know that Handyman will be a credit wherever he goes, NTL will be a worse place without him, definately their loss.....

Good Luck to you Mark xx

Escapee
05-09-2003, 07:57
handyman saidDuring my time at ntl i have worked my ass off and its going to be hard to leave. My lateness record unfortunatly has got the better of me and hr dont see the 94 hours overtime per month or the time i spend here

They looked for reasons to get rid of some of the field tech's a while ago, it appeared to be an exercise to get rid of people without any money.

A few were dispensed with but to be honest they were not doing anything more than they had been doing for years!

Nemesis
05-09-2003, 08:47
Good luck with whatever you do ...

Hope it all works out

Florence
05-09-2003, 09:11
Handyman we will miss you. Shame when NTL are always letting the ones that give the most go.....

Good Luck Handyman The darkest days could be behind you..

Paul K
05-09-2003, 11:33
Originally posted by Kitty
Handyman we will miss you. Shame when NTL are always letting the ones that give the most go.....

Good Luck Handyman The darkest days could be behind you..
Seems to be the way a lot of companies operate these days. Get rid of the people who work hard and do their job well and keep the ones that don't. Good luck with the future Mark. Don't be a stranger once the NTL shackles and gag are removed;)

Stuart
05-09-2003, 12:44
Good luck HM. It will be a bad loss for NTL.

Hope you find something soon, and hope you stay here.

Jules
05-09-2003, 14:09
You know my feelings on this Mark :( NTL's loss

albone
05-09-2003, 15:55
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kerry-anne.peters/smilies/goodluck.gif Take care you will probably be inundated with offers once the news spreads as people always need good helpers!

KingPhoenix
05-09-2003, 16:54
im sure youll settle into something thats a million times better for you than what you were doing........ Just smile with the thought of leaving ;)

BBKing
05-09-2003, 17:47
Frankly this is bad news - best of luck in whatever you're doing after this.

Apart from anything else I wanted to come up and talk about things over a pint or something.

Shaun
05-09-2003, 17:58
Originally posted by Debsy42
I know that Handyman will be a credit wherever he goes, NTL will be a worse place without him, definately their loss.....

Hear hear, but you can join me, drinking 'scrumpy jack' in the afternoon.:D :D :D

Us students:rolleyes:

Shaun
05-09-2003, 18:00
Originally posted by BBKing
best of luck in whatever you're doing after this.

;)

handyman
05-09-2003, 18:07
Originally posted by BBKing
Frankly this is bad news - best of luck in whatever you're doing after this.

Apart from anything else I wanted to come up and talk about things over a pint or something.

Cool shame that wont happen now, I r finding lots out after I tell people i'm leaving.

Maybe I could be a self employed consultant for DTV :)

[edit] ur more than welcome to come up for a pint and a chat

Chimaera
05-09-2003, 19:06
Awww - shame you are leaving!
But these things happen for a reason, whatever you do next will be better I'm sure! :)
Good luck for the future!

handyman
05-09-2003, 19:23
Originally posted by Chimaera
whatever you do next will be better I'm sure!

I really quite like to keep this job thanks. Feels like a waste of my time the stuff I have done this 2 years to move somewhere else.

Graham F
05-09-2003, 19:24
Sorry to see you go Handyman not that i have ever chatted to you, you just seem a good guy :)

Good luck with everything for the future...will you still be coming on here?

th'engineer
05-09-2003, 19:25
all the best for the future

Jon T
05-09-2003, 20:37
Sorry don't know the history of all this, but I know that on at least two occasions handyman has offered to help me(that was on the other site).

HM, your dedication to your job will(should) be missed at NTL, and hopefully you'll end up with a company that deserves you.

Jon.

yesman
05-09-2003, 21:13
All the best Mark

bopdude
05-09-2003, 21:59
Good riddance to bad rubbish :) oops. that'll cost me, on a more serious note, listen to your alarm clock, it trys to tell you something ( like get up )

And before you all get on my back HM is a mate of mine so I can get away with it, but tough break HM, I know how you like the job so much, good luck on your journey through life, if worese comes to worse you can come to India wit me...lol