PDA

View Full Version : Moving House

Helix
12-02-2005, 15:17
Hi

My mother in law will be moving house next week and she would like to take her ntl with her. We are not currently sure if the flats she will be moving into will be able have ntl but we have a few questions. I should be able to find out tommorow if they have ntl.

1.) She is currently on the analouge service and she would like to stay on this. Would she have to go onto digital if she moved into another place. The only problems with her moving over to digital is that she gets confused changing channels on the analouge service and it would be even more confusing having to press 3 numbers to get onto a channel. Also she watches UK Gold a lot and to get this on digital she would have to pay £10 more each month just for 1 channel that she watches.

2.) How much notice has to be given to ntl to switch the services over as she will be moving in, in a weeks time and it is important that she is not without a telephone line for any amount of time.

3.) Can her current telephone number be taken with her to her new flat.

Thanks
Steve

Nikko
12-02-2005, 15:59
1) no, she can keep analogue assuming the address is serviceable

2) as much notice as possible!

3) usually yes but it is conditional on distance/network and whether it was an original ntl: number or if its a BT port.

If you PM me the Postcode/flat # I can confirm if it IS serviceable (but not that it definately is NOT until after the weekend)

Tezcatlipoca
12-02-2005, 16:03
If you PM me the Postcode/flat # I can confirm if it IS serviceable (but not that it definately is NOT until after the weekend)

Helix - just a quick confirmation for you that Nikko does work for ntl, so you are safe to give him this info :)

Helix
12-02-2005, 16:34
We currently don't know the postcode for the flat as the royal mail postcode finder doesn't recognise the addresss. Also we need to check if it is allowed for ntl to install in the flat if it doesn't already have it installed.

We will be phoning ntl up on monday but we just had a few questions.

Thanks for all your help.

Helix
14-02-2005, 10:15
We have now found out that she can have ntl in her new flat but we have one problem.

She has to have a special pendant so she can contact people in a emergency but we have been told that this has to connect to a BT line. Is it possible that we could just get the tv from ntl and not the telephone line. We have no other choice apart from ntl for TV as the aerial is not good enough for freeview or even 1-5 and I don't think she would be able to get sky as it is a ground floor flat.

Thanks