PDA

View Full Version : On DTV base pack please read

Graham F
03-09-2003, 17:49
I have just rang ntl to get some more channels added to the base pack that i had and i was offered an upgrade to the family pack with the first month free :D

When i heard this i questioned the person i was speaking to some more and it turns out that this is a national promotion that anyone can take advantage of who is on the base pack. The only draw back is that you need to ring up after your month free to get it taken off or they will charge you as normal for the package.

This seems a good offer fingers cross it works how it should, has anyone else been offered this seems strange no-one else has mentioned this.

If this is as good as it seems all Base pack customers should ring and take advantage

Marge
03-09-2003, 21:43
yeah tis true :erm:

B.Sky.B
04-09-2003, 09:23
you proberly have to keep the family pack for 6 months after that month free or ntl would not be making anything on the promotion..or they might be hoping when the month is over you cant be bothered to phone them back up!

Graham F
04-09-2003, 10:32
no i checked with them and you don't have to keepit you can ring and get rid of it after a month :)

bob_builder
04-09-2003, 10:38
Originally posted by B.Sky.B
you proberly have to keep the family pack for 6 months after that month free or ntl would not be making anything on the promotion..or they might be hoping when the month is over you cant be bothered to phone them back up!

NTL will be hoping that either:
a) you like the Family pack so much you keep it, or
b) you forget to ring them back to cancel it

Graham F
04-09-2003, 10:40
yes i agree with you but to try it for a month is not bad in my book ;)

tabatha
04-09-2003, 18:46
Had a call from NTL a short while ago asking if I would like to have the family pack for 3mths at £23/mth...said no but would like family pack free for 1 mth to try...said no can do!!!whats going on????

Graham F
04-09-2003, 18:48
It sounds like you were called by an out sourced company that ntl is using for promoting a certain offer, who would not be able to offer you anything else. Might be worth you calling customer services and speaking to them.

tabatha
04-09-2003, 19:00
Scooby...called them....they[she] said they[she] had no idea what I was refering to....but could have fam pack at full price...looks like a case of left hand and right hand!!!......

Graham F
04-09-2003, 20:10
:erm: worried about my bill now... I know this is an offer they are doing as i know of a few people that have been offered it :confused:

Seems you are right about the hands :(