PDA

View Full Version : NTL Broadband installation nightmare

themusicland
29-01-2005, 22:31
This is turning into a bit of a nightmare as there seems to be no-one at NTL to complain to (I had to make a complaint in October about the fact that they had billed me for a non-existent phone line for 4 months, and this took 3 months to be dealt with...).

In late 2004 we had Broadband installed, which actually works fine.

However, just before this we had also had SKY TV installed, and at Christmas we bought a small television for the upstairs room. At this point it transpired that NTL had been too lazy to install the broadband and had - instead - disconnected the SKY TV line and run it through that. This has been confirmed by a SKY and NTL engineer as the case.

At the beginning of January I asked NTL to come and sort this out and that it would have to be on a Saturday. They arranged to come on Sat 15 Jan. An engineer turned up at lunchtime and immediately said that he was the wrong man for the job (he was "modems not re-installs.."). He promised that they would come on Sat 29 Jan (i.e. today). There followed various other erroneous communications from NTL getting things completely confused, which I won't bore you with. Also, in the meantime, my original complaint from last October was followed-up and a lady confirmed that NTL would come and re-do the broadband on 29 Jan.

Today we have waited in since 8am and no-one has appeared. I rang at lunchtime to check everything was in order and they confirmed that an engineer would come "well before 6pm".

I rang the same number again at 5.10pm and this time I was told that "this department does not deal with broadband repairs...". They put me through to another department who said the same thing, and finally to what sounded like an Asian call centre. Twice the lady said she would put me on hold for "one minute" and each time it was about 10-15minutes. When she finally came back to speak to me, it had taken her so long to work out whether we were getting our visit that the customer services had closed for the weekend.

I'm at a bit of a loss to whom to complain now: every time I ring NTL I get told "oh you should be through to a different department" and they completely fail to honour their promises. We've waited in for 10 hours today for an engineer who hasn't appeared.

Does anyone know how I can best take up this complaint and get it resolved quickly? Calling 0800 052 2000 just seems to send me around in circles passed between different departments who are all as utterly incoherent, incompetent and clueless as each other. NTL urgently needs to get its house in order - its customer service is an absolute disgrace.

carlingman
30-01-2005, 04:18
As you do not quote which region you are from have a look here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=28)

Pick the MD or equivelant form the list and hope you get a resolve.

:D

thorne1j
01-02-2005, 13:59
Contact Melanie on 07909 534988 if this hasn't been resolved.

scrotnig
01-02-2005, 14:43
As you do not quote which region you are from have a look here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=28)

Pick the MD or equivelant form the list and hope you get a resolve.

:D
Can I point out a lot of that information is now incorrect due to the restructure announced in January.

There are no longer any regional MDs because there are no longer any regions.