PDA

View Full Version : New 3 for £30 tariff?

bob_builder
27-01-2005, 10:49
I was looking at the latest Tariff Guide for my area dated 12th January 2005:
http://www.ntl.com/home/telephone/pdf/TelcoTariff.pdf

It mentioned a new service that I had not seen before:
3 for £30 (3-2-1 Standard, Base Pack TV, 300K Broadband) - £30.00

Is this new or have they been offering it for a while?
Is this a special offer that will go up £7.49 after a year or will it continue at that price for as long as you keep the package?

Is this only open to new customers or can anybody take it? I currently have the base pack for £19.50 per month so would be interested in getting 300K broadband for only £10.50 a month as it would be £2 less than what I already pay for unlimited dial-up.

A final obvious question, how will the pending speed increases affect this? Will you be able to upgrade for £25 to 1MB but still keep the £30 price?

Graham F
27-01-2005, 12:03
As it is in their tarrif booklet i would say it is open to anyone, as new customer only tarrifs are only shown on websites and sales leaflets, which this is not. If ntl were to change the price of this they would need to do that in writing to you as with any price change. As with the upgrade who knows

HTH

:D

bob_builder
27-01-2005, 12:28
As it is in their tarrif booklet i would say it is open to anyone, as new customer only tarrifs are only shown on websites and sales leaflets, which this is not. If ntl were to change the price of this they would need to do that in writing to you as with any price change. As with the upgrade who knows

HTH

:D
That is what I was thinking - it seems pretty official being in the book.

I guess the only way to find out would be ring up and ask to be moved onto it unless somebody here is aready on it, or somebody has tried and failed.

Also I wonder how many here are currently paying £37.49 for the three service seperately - I wonder if they could move onto this tariff and save themselves £7.49?

Neil
27-01-2005, 12:38
Moved to Billing Forum.

ntl Billing & Installation Discussion

For all things concerning problems with ntl's Billing, queries about Prices and any Installation problems or queries you may have.

Tristan
27-01-2005, 12:53
If this is available to everyone, then it's a really good move.

I'm on the equivalent on Telewest, but it only comes with 256k internet, and the TW "starter pack" has nowhere near as many channels as NTL's Base Pack.

So well done NTL.

bob_builder
27-01-2005, 13:05
Moved to Billing Forum.
Fair enough, Neil. I considered putting it there in the first place but thought it might get moved out as it is not specifically about prices but about a package that covers TV, phone and broadband so did not fit anywhere else either!

However, it has now moved onto a discussion about prices ;)

I'm on the equivalent on Telewest, but it only comes with 256k internet, and the TW "starter pack" has nowhere near as many channels as NTL's Base Pack.
Ah, I did not realise there was an equivalent Telewest package. Perhaps this is a precursor to them merging ;)

scrotnig
27-01-2005, 13:26
Three for £30 is a new customer only deal as far as I know.

It is unusual in that it doesn't expire after 12 months like most deals - it's permanent.

bob_builder
27-01-2005, 13:33
Three for £30 is a new customer only deal as far as I know.

It is unusual in that it doesn't expire after 12 months like most deals - it's permanent.
How do they define "new" customers in this context?

For example, I would classify as a new customer for the purposes of a broadband offer but not for a TV or phone offer.

Neil
27-01-2005, 13:44
Fair enough, Neil. I considered putting it there in the first place but thought it might get moved out as it is not specifically about prices but about a package that covers TV, phone and broadband so did not fit anywhere else either!

However, it has now moved onto a discussion about prices ;)

ntl Billing & Installation Discussion

For all things concerning problems with ntl's Billing, queries about Prices and any Installation problems or queries you may have.

;)

bob_builder
27-01-2005, 17:18
Well at least somebody has heard of it. Sounds like it is fairly new, though, as nobody seems to be on it.

I may just wait a couple of months to see what happens to it after the speed changes, however.

bigitup_j
28-01-2005, 22:44
i think it's shameful that it's only available to new ntl customers - and it's a permanent price!! not happen, nevertheless i shall try and wangle my way into the package :D
i wanna save £7.48 per month, truly i do! :D

SLM
28-01-2005, 23:35
i think it's shameful that it's only available to new ntl customers - and it's a permanent price!! not happen, nevertheless i shall try and wangle my way into the package :D
i wanna save £7.48 per month, truly i do! :D

So what deal did you get when you first come to ntl?

bigitup_j
29-01-2005, 12:02
erm... nynex was first - telephone. no offer
then c&w came with digital tv, free install. still had to pay full price
but ntl did offer half-price family pack if i took broadband, for a year.
but no permanent offer....

scrotnig
29-01-2005, 14:04
Well at least somebody has heard of it. Sounds like it is fairly new, though, as nobody seems to be on it.

I may just wait a couple of months to see what happens to it after the speed changes, however.
Ask the retentions team...if you can ever get through to them. Are you Bromley or Langley? (ex Cable & Wireless or old ntl), it will be either Teesside or Coventry depending on which.

Bear in mind the offer is designed for customers who have basic services....if you have higher services it isn't always the best deal, it is basically a £7.49 discount.

Matth
29-01-2005, 17:57
No discount for family pack + BB ?

If that's the current price guide, then "3 for £30" should be avaiable to all.

SLM
30-01-2005, 20:40
Do you all think ntl are a charity or something, if you want a deal everyday go to Oxfam!;)

Matth
31-01-2005, 00:14
Or leave NTL! - which is looking like more of an option, since a BT line is available.

I'd say NTL's pricing is pretty lacklustre, due to the limited level of competition compared to the cutthroat market in ADSL.

It SHOULD be cheaper than "A+B+C" if you take all three services, especially if you take more than the minimum. just like it's cheaper to subscribe to a magazine for a year than to buy each copy off the shelf.

bob_builder
31-01-2005, 12:10
I agree NTL should offer a discount for taking more services. They should offer something like a £5 discount for each new service you take.

They could also use this to get around the needing to have a phone line problem. For example:
Base pack £15
Phone line £9.50
Broadband £17.99

Base pack + phone line = £15 + £9.50 - £5 = £19.50
Base pack + phone line + broadband = £19.50 + £17.99 - £5 = £32.49

etc.

dgr1577
03-02-2005, 21:14
just went on the phone to ask CS about the 3 for £30 deal. At first the guy said it didnt exist, then when i pointed out that it was in the tariff guide he then said it was for new customers only. I then pointed out that this was not stated anywhere in the tariff guide or anywhere on the site and that the price for this deal was listed with all the 'standard' pricing and not alongside any special 'new customer offers'. He then told me to hold(jeez, do these guys always use the same standard responses regardless if they are right or not??).
It would appear that I am perfectly right and they are now, reluctantly, going to give me the deal.

bob_builder
04-02-2005, 13:03
It would appear that I am perfectly right and they are now, reluctantly, going to give me the deal.
Cool :cool: