PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headsets

gazzae
01-09-2003, 14:56
I was just wondering if people think that the price of Bluetooth headsets is going to come down in the next few months. I want to get a headset for my phone, but its quite expensive (£94).

I just don't want to buy one now only to find in a few months the price has shot down.

Also, do I have to buy a headset from the manufacture of my phone (Siemens) or is there "generic" headsets that you can buy.

Tricky
01-09-2003, 17:03
I believe they are generic (I.e. bluetooth headsets) but from my experience you look like a complete K*** using one (I.e. you're not talking into a phone or have a black wire hanging from one ear).

PS I don't have one, be we laugh at those that do...

kink
01-09-2003, 17:27
I have one.... and let people laugh... glad can i can provide some humour for those people that have nothing better to laugh at :)
I have a sony ericsson HBH-35 and it can be used with the siemens S55. Works very well.... mostly. But you probably should wait a while since the prices have to come down as their use proliferates. I suppose you have to decide how desperate you are to have a headset :shrug:
I'm used to people staring at me when i'm on the phone in public because my other siemens phone has an MP3 player so i have double earphones on that one..... so people assume that i'm listening to a walkman :eek:
I've got over the slight embarrassment that it entailed... but hey! I'm a grown up and cope.
Thanks to the area where i live, i'm more worried about having the bluetooth headset whipped off my ear in the street.... it would be easy enough to do :(
I believe all the Ericsson headsets can be used with the siemens phones.... but i'd ask just in case.
Not sure about how generic the headsets are... just bought one for a friend who has a Nokia and i was advised to buy the Nokia headset rather than one of the Ericsson ones, which were actually more expensive, so it can't have been as a financial incentive.