PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Campbell resigns

Stuart
29-08-2003, 16:40
Looks like the Hutton Inquiry has claimed it's first victim. Alistair Campbell has quit.. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3191937.stm

timewarrior2001
29-08-2003, 17:24
yeah these inquiries always get those responsible dont they?

Tony they are coming for you.

ic14
29-08-2003, 17:32
Bye campbell...

Chimaera
29-08-2003, 17:47
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
According to the news on the radio, he has quit for 'family reasons'.
*pink pig flies past window*
:D

Ramrod
29-08-2003, 18:13
Shame.....:D

Chimaera
29-08-2003, 18:31
Yes - a great pity - for Tony Blair!
*watch out tone - they will get you next*

cjmillsnun
29-08-2003, 20:28
Oh dear, what a pity, how sad, NEVER MIND:D :D :D :D :D

Bye bye Campbell :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

Ramrod
29-08-2003, 20:32
...and these are just the views of the Labour voters:rofl:

cjmillsnun
29-08-2003, 20:38
Originally posted by Ramrod
...and these are just the views of the Labour voters:rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Theodoric
29-08-2003, 20:42
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
yeah these inquiries always get those responsible dont they?

Tony they are coming for you.
I doubt it. From what I've seen reported he has acquitted himself sufficiently well to avoid any blame. Now, Hoon, that's a different story. After his pathetic display of, "It wasn't me, guv" yesterday, his days are obviously numbered.

Lord Nikon
29-08-2003, 21:32
Perhaps he will set himself up on a desert island somewhere with Al Gore and get them ALL off our backs, let them live in a dream world and lets get some rights back TO the people of the UK

Graham
29-08-2003, 22:09
YESSSS!!!!!!

(Punches air in delight!!)

About bl00dy time too!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

PS But shouldn't this have been in Current Affairs, not Computers and IT?!

ntluser
31-08-2003, 11:33
Apparently, Tony Blair is clearing out his Downing Street advisors because, so the press say, 'they have failed him'.

Given that they were, like Alistair Campbell, doing things the way he wanted then there will be no change in policy until Tony Blair himself clears off and leaves government.

Sadly, New Labour, like Tony Blair, is all image and no substance. Tony Blair is under the self-delusion that under his government things have improved, when nothing could be further from the truth.

The recent TV programme which had present day children living in a school run under the conditions and rules of the 1950's demonstrated quite clearly that standards of education..a New Labour flagship initiative..have fallen dramatically so much so that 14 and 15 year old pupils predicted as having high grades at GCSE actually failed the 11 Plus examination.

It's time to separate Blair from his pay packet and put him back in the real world with the rest of us.

Steve H
31-08-2003, 12:19
Moved To Current Affairs ;)

As far as alistar campball goes, its a shame for tony blair, cos he was a real good aid to him. No Doubt he'l make a fortune somewhere else though.

dieselking
31-08-2003, 12:59
Bye Bye Campbell :wavey: :D :D

I want to know why didn't he take Blair with him??:shrug: :D

Graham
01-09-2003, 01:01
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
As far as alistar campball goes, its a shame for tony blair, cos he was a real good aid to him. No Doubt he'l make a fortune somewhere else though.

Well, here's a fascinating thing...!!!

I've just watched the Channel 5 documentary about the rise and fall of Penthouse Magazine (purely for research purposes, you understand! ;) ) and it turns out that one Alastair Campbell (yes, him!) used to write some rather dodgy letters for Bob Guccione's "Forum" magazine under the nom-de-plume of "The Riviera Gigolo"!!

Although, judging from the extracts that were read out, that's probably not a job he should dash back into...!

kronas
01-09-2003, 01:03
i think the labour party will miss him but im sure he will advise them on how to turn the screws behind the scenes after all he has played a major part in the labour sucess story to and still being in power