PDA

View Full Version : Please help - no BB and Er12

Ash-Smith
13-01-2005, 08:17
Hi all,

I got home from work last night to find me BB and Digital TV had stopped working. I think it's almost exactly a month (to the day) that I had NTL installed. Yes , my bills are paid. :)

My Cable modem just has the D/S light flashing, and an ethernet light (no rdy, sync etc), my Digital TV has no picture etc and occaisonally comes up with Er12 on the display. It says the message about "please check your cables are plugged in the back" on the TV.

I've got the engineer coming out this afternoon. Anyone got any advice that I could try before he turns up this afternoon?

The phone line still works.

*edit* I forgot to mention that I live in the Camberley area on postcode GU15 3HJ.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm posting from work.

Stu038
13-01-2005, 08:46
Sounds like a loss of signal coming into the property, theres a few possibilities but probably not much you can do yourself other than make sure that all the cables are still connected.
When you were installed did the installers install anything other than the STB and Modem that needed to be plugged into the mains? If so its an amplifier, you could check that it is still plugged in as I seem to recall that some folks have had problems where the lead coming from the power supply to that amp had been pulled out by accident.

Ash-Smith
13-01-2005, 09:55
Thanks for the feedback.

The installer only installed the Digital TV box and the cable modem. Nothing else.