PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park concert & the wife/kids?

zoombini
28-08-2003, 16:48
I just got a phone call from Mrs Zoombini who says she has just booked for her & 2x 13 year old lads (son & mate) to go to this concert in November.

However she has never been to one of these before & is wondering if it will be safe enough to take them there?

Has anyone here been to one of thier concerts, are they well organised & safe enough for kids or likely to have problems?

Its supposed to be a seated only concert.

She is a wee bit worried & anxious about it now she has had her 10 minutes of panic trying to get tickets.

timewarrior2001
28-08-2003, 16:58
Been to loads of concerts.
Where is it at?
If its all seated then theres not much of a risk of crushing. She will find that the concert security are pretty good, I've never seen any bad security come to think of it.

I used to go to the Reading festival and loads of stadium concerts where you can get crushed a bit. Worst was Donnington 94 when Pantera were on.

I wouldnt worry too much about Linkin park concerts as theres likely to be a load of other "kids" there. They are not known as a violent band or anything.

philip.j.fry
28-08-2003, 17:00
Most likely to be full of other 13 yr olds accompanied by worried parents :D

Some gigs can get quite rough, the main problem comes from people who have only seen a moshpit on tv and don't understand the mosh etiquette :) (if someone goes down pull them up etc). As long as she keeps them away from the rougher part of the crowd all will be fine.

Colin
28-08-2003, 18:38
just dont get in the middle of the pit. that could get rough, stand on the outskirts and have a great time

timewarrior2001
28-08-2003, 18:46
If its all seated there wont be a pit.
Sometimes theres a standing area at the fornt but you need standing tickets to get in there. NUmbers are extremely limited.

Dave Stones
28-08-2003, 19:00
ive just come back from the leeds festival and saw linkin park (among many other bands) and they rocked. it was all standing there though. i wouldnt worry about your kiddies getting hurt though if you stay clear of the pit. up where we were loitering by the speaker pyramid were kids about 8 or 9 possibly even younger with their parents...

...it cant have been healthy for the kids, all that fragrant smoke everywhere... :erm:

the pit etiquette is very strongly upheld too, i doubt highly your sons would be allowed in even if they tried... too small/young etc.

Niles Crane
28-08-2003, 19:04
I'd be more worried by having to listen to such horrible music than any safety concerns ;)

Dave Stones
28-08-2003, 19:06
Originally posted by Ezenden
I'd be more worried by having to listen to such horrible music than any safety concerns ;)

you're just not educated... go back to radio 4 ;)

i didnt even like linkin park before i went to leeds, but they were absolutely great live... got the crowd whipped up a storm. i even took my top off when they told me to :p

Niles Crane
28-08-2003, 19:29
Originally posted by Dave Stones
you're just not educated... go back to radio 4 ;)

i didnt even like linkin park before i went to leeds, but they were absolutely great live... got the crowd whipped up a storm. i even took my top off when they told me to :p

They asked the crowd to take their tops off? Quite obviously they were after a cheap thrill ;)

By the way, i dont listen to Radio 4, and i'm well educated thanks.

Dave Stones
28-08-2003, 19:38
Originally posted by Ezenden
They asked the crowd to take their tops off? Quite obviously they were after a cheap thrill ;)

By the way, i dont listen to Radio 4, and i'm well educated thanks.

it was a sweaty night... ;) :p

i'm not well educated, i dont even know what frequency radio 2 is on... :shrug:

zoombini
28-08-2003, 22:13
Well thanks for that, I will pass it onto the wife.
Its at the Manchester arena.
The pit/standing tickets were all sold out, only seated left.

NOw that her fears about inside will be dashed, the next thing is she has to drive all the way there & back (not too keen on distances when she does not know the way)...
So I expect we will have a test drive before then...lol

Or maybe I will go & go to the flicks at the same time..lol

Cheers.

zoombini
29-08-2003, 14:20
Have you any reccomendations on where & when to get things like the programs, t-shirts & other memorobilia?

They will undoubtably want to get some but dont want the cheapo copies.

I.E. like when best to get it, where, how much things are likely to cost etc?

Cheers.
Zoombini.

paulyoung666
29-08-2003, 14:37
Originally posted by zoombini
Have you any reccomendations on where & when to get things like the programs, t-shirts & other memorobilia?

They will undoubtably want to get some but dont want the cheapo copies.

Cheers.
Zoombini.

only buy inside the arena or you can guarantee it will be **** that will fade and fall apart ;)

timewarrior2001
29-08-2003, 14:58
Originally posted by paulyoung666
only buy inside the arena or you can guarantee it will be **** that will fade and fall apart ;)

Or from a seller that has an ID badge hanging around thier neck, but then only in the immediate venue area.
Sheffield Arena years ago, I missed out on an Alice cooper prog cos I waited till we got inside......thye were on sale outside :(

Dave Stones
29-08-2003, 15:00
but some of the clothes you can get from scalpers are quite good... eg £5 for a t shirt (its good quality believe it or not) compared to official vendors where it was like £15-£20. i am cheap :D

CuddlesTC
30-08-2003, 19:12
Originally posted by zoombini

I got a nice LP t-chirt in the Virgin Megastore the other - not bad at £12.99. The shirt I got at a Foo fighters gig was £15, IIRC.

MVC also stock t-shirts at a reasonable price, and www.pushposters.com is a good source for posters (well, duh!) and other bits'n'bobs, although they can be a bit more expensive than the high street shops.