PDA

View Full Version : Broadbandplus and freeloader

Tim Hurley
06-01-2005, 02:10
Hello everybody
I am asking for help regarding connecting to freeloader.com via the broadbandplus portal. When I click on the link the site comes up but I get the message "your subscription has expired" so I'm unable to download any games or relicence one or two I have already.
I've contacted both ntl and freeloader support and they keep telling me to just enter the site via the broadband plus portal which is no good at all. What I need to do is enter in the login and password manually but I don't have those. I had this problem at one time with sonicselector too but they gave me a login no and password although they never explained why the link broke in the first place as it has done now with freeloader.
Whilst I appreciate that these details can't just be given out willy nilly, I would be grateful if somebody wouldn't mind telling me who i should contact specifically so I won't keep being passed from pillar to post.
Kind regards.

Chris W
06-01-2005, 02:30
:welcome: to the site

ntl will not give you those details because of the nature of broadband plus. The portal does the authentication with freeloader, and will most likely use a username and password combination such as:
user: ajhsfd734ruihsdfg7s7d
password: 91432kfd8guio89asd

only very few people at ntl actually have access to see what these passwords are, and even if they were supplied to you i doubt that they would work when trying to log directly onto the freeloader site anyway. The majority of the partner sites use different authetication sites to those used on the companies own pages.

IIRC there are problems with freeloader at the moment, although i can't be certain. I will check next time i am in work.

MB

Tim Hurley
06-01-2005, 12:49
Thanks for your help MB

maverick
06-01-2005, 14:15
Are you using Internet Explorer,if so try using the Mozzila browser instead to see if there is any difference.

Let us know what happen's.