PDA

View Full Version : Enough's enough

Hitcher
03-01-2005, 14:21
Once again my upload has dropped to next to nothing (below 50Kbps) or stops altogether (Ready light flashes).

It's happened quite regulary since I upgraded to 1.5Mbps but the download speed is not affected.

I've been told it's my router before (except the problem occurred without it) and just now that it's my PC - only once was I told that the upload SNR was the problem and it was being resolved.

It's been the same now for the last 5 days and it's making surfing and gaming impossible and I'm beginning to wonder why the hell I'm paying £38 for it.

I'm in the Southampton area but was told today that there are no problems with the network yet my modem's Ready light flashing indicates an upload problem.

What can I do?

EDIT The Downstream SNR is always above 31dB

paulyoung666
03-01-2005, 15:12
hi and :welcome: to the site , are you suffering any packet loss , how about a traceroute :)

Ignition
03-01-2005, 16:30
PM me your IP address and I'll have a looksie

Tezcatlipoca
03-01-2005, 16:41
:welcome: Hitcher

Ignition does work for ntl, in case you were wondering, & you can trust him with your info :)

PM me your IP address and I'll have a looksie

Chrysalis
03-01-2005, 17:30
ignition is excellent at fixing issues.

Hitcher
03-01-2005, 17:44
Ahhh, it's taken me 10 mins to reply.

Cheers ignition - you've got a PM.

Earwig
03-01-2005, 19:13
Ignition was a great help to me when I had simalar problems to yourself.

I can vouch that he will do his best for you. If only the people you speak to at NTL tech were as helpful as he was......

rdhw
03-01-2005, 20:39
Once again my upload has dropped to next to nothing (below 50Kbps) or stops altogether (Ready light flashes).Just to confirm: if the cable modem READY light flashes, this indicates an NTL-side signal problem, and it cannot be anything to do with your router or your PC, as they cannot make the READY light flash or go out.

Ignition
03-01-2005, 23:06
:welcome: Hitcher

& you can trust him with your info :)

*Looks up for a moment from signing Hitcher up to various mailing lists.

DbzDP
07-01-2005, 04:11
I had a problem just like this, where my Speed would drop sometimes for no reason at all, the only thing that fixed my problem was to use a different NTL Cache Proxy. I know on this forum their is a list of them try using a different one. See if that will help you.

daxx
07-01-2005, 19:00
I had a problem just like this, where my Speed would drop sometimes for no reason at all, the only thing that fixed my problem was to use a different NTL Cache Proxy. I know on this forum their is a list of them try using a different one. See if that will help you.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=10 for 'new' style poxies

Ignition
07-01-2005, 19:27
It's nothing to do with caches and for OP to do this would be wasting his time I'm afraid.

EDIT: Just checked and OP's issue (poor SNR) has been resolved.